Chiefs..Bills…Chargers…who had the roughest loss

78thealltimegreat

The bills loss is one that I kind of get. They lost way too many offensive lineman during the game and it looked like a team with a bunch of guys that hadn't played together and came up short because of it.

With the chargers injuries are playing a huge role there too. La was basically down five pro bowlers during the game yesterday and didn't have a very good showing. I also don't think the chargers are particularly well coached this season.

I mean I think San Francisco and Vegas took the roughest losses yesterday. 

• Agree 1

I’d say the Bills,  but every Buffalo loss seems to be a close game and excruciating ending.

So i’ll say the Chargers.  They were definitely a chic pick to go far in the AFC playoffs, as they have Herbert and supposedly a stacked defense. Big disappointment so far.

• Like (+1) 1

The chargers are not good. Idk why people keep insisting on throwing them in with these big teams. Can they at least make the playoffs sometime first? It’s so aggravating. Herbert is good, I’m not saying he’s not…but man people want to make this guy great so fast. If he’s one of these elite QBs, why do they barely score and hardy win? Let these guys do something before we say they are good please.

3 hours ago, bmur66 said:

I don't think I have ever seen a worse loss than the Bills yesterday. There have been much more meaningful losses but this one was really tough. I'm still not sure what the heck I watched. Never seen anything like it.

There was a game last season, that if we won, we would’ve been hosting the AFC championship game.. but instead, our defense couldnt hold for 13 seconds. 

The loss we experienced yesterday was just a loss in the grand scheme of things.  Yeah it sucks, and sucks more because it’s the dolphins, but if we can somehow get and stay healthy, we’ll be fine. 

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

Who got injured yesterday?

I was at the game so it's hard to tell.

Only guy I saw left was Bates

Um...a lot. At one point Bills offensive line featured 4 backups, including a 3rd string C with 2 players in positions they never played before.

- Kumerow hurt an ankle early in the game(1st or 2nd drive I think) and was out for the remainder of the game

- Christian Benford was limited to playing ST only with a huge club on his hand which pushed rookie PS call up Jamarcus Ingram into action for most of the 2nd quarter onward. Likely will miss some time or be playing with a club on D.

- Spencer Brown left the game with a heat related illness

- Greg Van Roten(backup Center) left the game(heat maybe?)

- Roger Saffold left the game, not sure how much time he missed or if he came back in

- Diggs was in and out due to cramps much of the last 3 drives and was ineffective even when he came back in for a play.

- McKenzie same as above although not as serious as Diggs

- Knox same as above...Quentin Morris played much of the 4th quarter and made some nice plays.

At one point we had backup TE Quentin Morris, FB Reggie Gilliam and RB James Cook as WR on the field at the same time due to people out with cramps and injuries... 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Um...a lot. At one point Bills offensive line featured 4 backups, including a 3rd string C with 2 players in positions they never played before.

- Kumerow hurt an ankle early in the game(1st or 2nd drive I think) and was out for the remainder of the game

- Christian Benford was limited to playing ST only with a huge club on his hand which pushed rookie PS call up Jamarcus Ingram into action for most of the 2nd quarter onward. Likely will miss some time or be playing with a club on D.

- Spencer Brown left the game with a heat related illness

- Greg Van Roten(backup Center) left the game(heat maybe?)

- Roger Saffold left the game, not sure how much time he missed or if he came back in

- Diggs was in and out due to cramps much of the last 3 drives and was ineffective even when he came back in for a play.

- McKenzie same as above although not as serious as Diggs

- Knox same as above...Quentin Morris played much of the 4th quarter and made some nice plays.

At one point we had backup TE Quentin Morris, FB Reggie Gilliam and RB James Cook as WR on the field at the same time due to people out with cramps and injuries... 

Wow. That's insane.

Thanks for the details buddy

3 hours ago, bmur66 said:

I don't think I have ever seen a worse loss than the Bills yesterday. There have been much more meaningful losses but this one was really tough. I'm still not sure what the heck I watched. Never seen anything like it.

SERIUOSLY?  You have never seen a worse loss?  What about our most recent loss before yesterday, the infamous 13 seconds vs. KC and this was worse?

1 - Chargers - For the amount of moves and money paid this off-season, they have high expectations this year and losing another game, especially how they did, has to be concerning for the entire season

2 - Chiefs - Another team with high expectations, playing in a tough division, chasing a 1 seed.  Losing to the winless Colts while relatively healthy is inexcusable.

3 - Bills - Whether it be injuries, heat, or playing a hot team, we know that wasn't the same Bills we are going to see all season.  Excuses aren't worth much, but we have the most of them.

• Agree 2

Chiefs.  No adjustments made.  Colts didn't blitz Mahomes.  He was blitzed just twice.  They usually gash a Gus Bradley defense and he changed up the script and the Chiefs didn't counter.  

I think a Doug Pederson coached Jaguars team is dangerous.  While Carson Wentz was an un-coachable QB that'd go out there and make the same mistakes every week when he coached Philadelphia, Trevor Lawrence got high marks for being a coachable quarterback, and therein lies the margin of success.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.