Chiefs..Bills…Chargers…who had the roughest loss

78thealltimegreat

19 minutes ago, Virgil said:

1 - Chargers - For the amount of moves and money paid this off-season, they have high expectations this year and losing another game, especially how they did, has to be concerning for the entire season

2 - Chiefs - Another team with high expectations, playing in a tough division, chasing a 1 seed.  Losing to the winless Colts while relatively healthy is inexcusable.

3 - Bills - Whether it be injuries, heat, or playing a hot team, we know that wasn't the same Bills we are going to see all season.  Excuses aren't worth much, but we have the most of them.

Chargers may have lost their entire season already.  A home arse whipping by the Jags?  Risking your obviously hurst franchise QB and keeping him in the game long after the game was out of hand.  They will regret that the rest of the year.  Good luck filling that stadium with Charger fans.

Maybe Tampa Bay who in large part lost due to Brady, at home, getting a delay of game penalty on a critical 2 point conversion attempt with 14 seconds left in the 4th quarter that would have tied the game...also appears the play was a walk in conversion for their RB.  Pretty inexcusable for a player who doesn't ever make those type of boneheaded plays.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tom-bradys-inexcusable-blunder-talk-110006032.html

Just now, Big Turk said:

Maybe Tampa Bay who in large part lost due to Brady, at home, getting a delay of game penalty on a critical 2 point conversion attempt with 14 seconds left in the 4th quarter that would have tied the game...also appears the play was a walk in conversion for their RB.  Pretty inexcusable for a player who doesn't ever make those type of boneheaded plays.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tom-bradys-inexcusable-blunder-talk-110006032.html

Brady is now, imo, a mediocre starting NFL QB.  If both Brady and New England have losing seasons, which i think will happen, that will cushion a bit any loss the Bills have.

I can't believe how much people are freaking out about this game. All mistakes, injuries, and heat aside, the only place the Bills did not dominate was on the scoreboard. Bills win that game 9 out of 10 times. Even if you don't believe that logic, it was a two-point loss, on the road, to a team that's on a hot streak. Not something to be concerned about.  

• Like (+1) 1

The Chargers suffered the worst loss. They were at home and the area of their team that they spent an enormous amount of resources to improve during the offseason got abused on the field and the scoreboard - and the offense performed in very Chargeresque fashion...

It's hard to say any of these teams because they all lost to quality opponents.

I think in the Chargers case though I would say they had the worst loss because they were considered the AFCW favorites and SB contender by many but looks like their season may go up in flames because of poor coaching and Herbert's rib issue which won't improve unless he sits and misses games to get healthy. But the issues with that is they might be out of the playoff picture by the time he's healthy or close to 100%.

4 hours ago, OZBILLS said:

We were playing with the 53rd man.

Our loss was the bestest of all losses.

On that 1st and goal inside the 2 - i wondered why we didn't go goalline package.  Then realized we had no one.  There was no additional lineman on the bench to even go in as a tackle eligible.  

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

The Chargers suffered the worst loss. They were at home and the area of their team that they spent an enormous amount of resources to improve during the offseason got abused on the field and the scoreboard - and the offense performed in very Chargeresque fashion...

They got blown out by a team that had 15 total wins in the previous 4 seasons.  They didn't miss a kick - they got destroyed.  That has to be a concern for the Chargers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

On that 1st and goal inside the 2 - i wondered why we didn't go goalline package.  Then realized we had no one.  There was no additional lineman on the bench to even go in as a tackle eligible.  

The player situation of who's in and who's out was crazy.  It was the strangest game I ever seen.  Can you imagine the conversations

between Dorsey and the field as to who can play on any give down?

This is one time I would love to hear from the trainers and staff as to what it was like on the field during the game.

5 hours ago, Shortchaz said:

I don’t think I can handle Trevor Lawrence becoming a superstar in the NFL.

Deal with it baby...I told you to get ready and nobody wanted to listen...:wub:

1. Josh Allen

2. Justin Sherbert

3. Trevor Lawrence

That is the order of GOAT QBs we will be looking at

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Brady is now, imo, a mediocre starting NFL QB.  If both Brady and New England have losing seasons, which i think will happen, that will cushion a bit any loss the Bills have.

Looks like his head isn’t in it so far this season. 

Chargers was worst loss of the 3 mentioned. They are in bad shape.  Vegas wasn’t included in the list but it might’ve been worse. 0-3 is close to impossible to overcome and make the playoffs (though there’s a 7th spot now). 

Edited to add: Only 6 teams since 1979 have made playoffs after an 0-3 start. Only 1 has made it after starting 0-4 (‘92 Chargers). 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The player situation of who's in and who's out was crazy.  It was the strangest game I ever seen.  Can you imagine the conversations

between Dorsey and the field as to who can play on any give down?

This is one time I would love to hear from the trainers and staff as to what it was like on the field during the game.

If we had lost one more OL, a TE would have had to go in at guard. That's how bad it was. That's why the game was lost.

• Agree 1

The Bills unfortunately receive my vote. Our team seems to be the hobbling wounded right now. Losing to the fish like we did is bad enough. so many what if's you could ponder about That. But the status of our team going into the next game. Im concerned. VERY. 

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

If we had lost one more OL, a TE would have had to go in at guard. That's how bad it was. That's why the game was lost.

I agree.  The situation was brutal, but I think that if the Bills had some sort of running game maybe the OL wouldn't have been

so exhausted.  

6 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

That was a terrible game , one if you win you still shake your head. 

The Broncos are a bad football team with a good defense and a head coach way over his head right now.

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

It's hard to say any of these teams because they all lost to quality opponents.

I think in the Chargers case though I would say they had the worst loss because they were considered the AFCW favorites and SB contender by many but looks like their season may go up in flames because of poor coaching and Herbert's rib issue which won't improve unless he sits and misses games to get healthy. But the issues with that is they might be out of the playoff picture by the time he's healthy or close to 100%.

And now their Pro Bowl 2nd year LT Rashawn Slater is done for the year with a ruptured bicep tendon, and his replacement has been terrible.

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I agree.  The situation was brutal, but I think that if the Bills had some sort of running game maybe the OL wouldn't have been

so exhausted.  

In general run blocking is more physically demanding than pass pro.

Edited by Big Turk

We are definitely 3rd on the list because we had so many factors that were out of our control, or didnt come down to execution by starters.

The Chiefs are pretty healthy and dropped one to the crappy Colts (20-17, I guess the Chiefs can't win close games).

The Chargers got largely BLOWN OUT at home, having a relatively healthy team. And the one big injury they had with Herbert, they likely made even worse.

The Bills had half their team out, and still managed to stay in it all game, and only lost by 2.

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The Broncos are a bad football team with a good defense and a head coach way over his head right now.

2 games in and the Broncos already hired an Assistant Head Coach to help Hackett with in-game decisions. Like, bro...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.