Chiefs..Bills…Chargers…who had the roughest loss

78thealltimegreat

I don't think I have ever seen a worse loss than the Bills yesterday. There have been much more meaningful losses but this one was really tough. I'm still not sure what the heck I watched. Never seen anything like it.

Edited by bmur66
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

I don't think I have ever seen a worse loss than the Bills yesterday. There have been much more meaningful losses but this one was really tough. I'm still not sure what the heck I watched. Never seen anything like it.

The Chargers got crushed by the Jags at home. The Chiefs lost to a winless Colts team. The Broncos, who spent a boatload of money on a QB this off-season lost 7-5 to SF. All of those are much worse than losing to a hungry divisional opponent on the road, in the heat, and with an unreal amount of injuries. I think the Chiefs and Bills will be OK. The Chargers and Broncos have serious questions.

2 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Bills by far.. their depleted roster got even more depleted with another big AFC game looming this coming Sunday 

Outside of Bates and Kumerow, the guys that left the game yesterday were due to heat. They'll be back next week. Morse, Poyer and Oliver were close to going this week so they’ll probably be good after an additional week. We’ll be OK.

• Like (+1) 4

I think the other 2 had rougher losses than the Bills. Divisional games are always tough. The Chiefs lost to a Colts team that had showed nothing the first 2 weeks and the Chargers losing by that much at home to the Jags shouldn’t happen to a team that is a supposed Super Bowl contender. Both of those teams also had extra rest and days to plan for their games 

4 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Bills by far.. their depleted roster got even more depleted with another big AFC game looming this coming Sunday 

Even if true - and I think most of the additional depletion you speak of was temporary/heat exhaustion, not injury/long-term - 'm not sure it answers the question.

I'd say the Chiefs loss was less expected and raises more questions about the team due to the poor offensive showing than did the Bills' loss.

However, the Bills was against a conference *and* division opponent, so that is critical.

If the Dolphins end up playing well ala the Pats last year, this game could make a difference even in the AFCE race.

(I don't think it will, but from a "how important a loss" perspective, it could be.)

OP should have added the Broncos to this list. They were supposed to be a QB away from contention. They spent a lot of money to get a QB, to whom they’re now tied to for a long time. Yesterday they lost 7-5 at home. Let’s ride!

edit: I was wrong. I didn’t make the end of the game. Apparently the Broncos made a heroic comeback and all is right in Broncos Country. Let’s Ride!

Edited by FrenchConnection
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

OP should have added the Broncos to this list. They were supposed to be a QB away from contention. They spent a lot of money to get a QB, to whom they’re now tied to for a long time. Yesterday they lost 7-5 at home. Let’s ride!

The broncos won 11-10. They have the same record as us. 

Chargers, but that was far less surprising than the Bills or Chiefs losing. 

People can say they believe in the Chargers.. but they don’t. 

Bills had the most understandable loss, but we really need to see what the injury list looks like this week, because that was a brutal game for a team that can’t really withstand many more games like that. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bmur66 said:

I'm sorry, but did you just start watching football this season?  This loss doesn't even sniff the pantheon of worst Bills losses.  Back off the ledge.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.