Miami home field sun advantage and why this is wrong on so many levels

oldschoolfootball1963

1. It’s a clear home field advantage.

2. it’s a brilliant move by the Dolphins.

3. I think the NFL should address it for player safety only.

4. This is on the Bills, where were canopies/ tents,  misting fans etc. The training staff was on the field with heat exhausted players. No shade provided, no towels soaked in ice water. I mean come on, let’s accept some responsibility.

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The fact that we lost with the stat line we had is a national embarrassment. We always do this, we are King Billsy. 

SMH come on man u really think that? Geesh I could  not disagree with you more. wow. Somebody peed in your corn flakes this morning. wow

Edited by muppy
  • Haha (+1) 1

Miami's home record, since the canopy was installed in 2015 (EOS=End Of Season)

2015 Sept-Oct 1-2 Nov-EOS 2-3

2016 Sept-Oct 3-1 Nov-EOS 3-1

2017 Sept-Oct 2-1 Nov-EOS 2-3

2018 Sept-Oct 3-1 Nov-EOS 3-1

2019 Sept-Oct 0-4 Nov-EOS 3-1

2020 Sept-Oct 1-2 Nov-EOS 4-1

2021 Sept-Oct 0-3 Nov-EOS 6-0

20 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Just when I thought you couldn’t out do your pathetic comments in the GDT you come thru with a gem!  

Not sure what comments you are referring to, maybe the ones where I repetively said we were going to win the game? Either way, thanks for the following Ned, I appreciate you being a fan. 

2 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Miami's home record, since the canopy was installed in 2015 (EOS=End Of Season)

2015 Sept-Oct 1-2 Nov-EOS 2-3

2016 Sept-Oct 3-1 Nov-EOS 3-1

2017 Sept-Oct 2-1 Nov-EOS 2-3

2018 Sept-Oct 3-1 Nov-EOS 3-1

2019 Sept-Oct 0-4 Nov-EOS 3-1

2020 Sept-Oct 1-2 Nov-EOS 4-1

2021 Sept-Oct 0-3 Nov-EOS 6-0

So they are 10-14 in Sep-Oct, and they were 1-9 the last 3 years. 

Keep those sunshine tears flowing instead of actually addressing the game. 

39 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

The Bills would do the same thing with the door at the end of the tunnel, opening it and closing it when it gave the Bills an advantage with the wind. 

The NFL basically forced Miami to put up the canopy in 2015 if they ever wanted to host a SB again.  If the NFL wants to, they can force Miami to cover up the hole in the middle. 

Right.  As others have said, 4 pm games are an option too.  All I know is that they shouldn't put people at risk like that.  It's just a football game, not a death March.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I love my team and wanted to see them win yesterday but on this topic alone Ill say this...The Bills are a billion dollar organization, if they couldnt come up with a plan to prevent a known issue than its on them not the Dolphins.  

$38.88 @ Walmart & $5.69 @ Target:

89d8cd95-55ee-4a09-86ae-cbe01f253494.b9991320953d54b906bf170d2690ece4.jpeg

GUEST_dada1009-4591-454e-99e8-c3300ff13af5.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

I believe teams are responsible for bringing their own heating and cooling gear to away games.  I wonder if we could get away with some giant tents that obstruct the fan views (although in Miami typically on our sideline I guess it's mostly Bills fans) 

But I did see Josh under a tent at times, I know we have fans, I believe we bring all that stuff ourselves.  It sucked to see the heat impact the game yesterday, but I don't think things are gonna change (maybe in another 10-20 years if climate change makes it truly dangerous / unbearable,  those stadiums will just be all indoors.)

It’s Florida…those people don’t even believe climate change is real

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Obviously Miami is going to be hot, but there are 4:25pm game slots to take it out of the worst. It's not like FIFA kept the Qatari World Cup in June played at Noon.

29 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Right.  As others have said, 4 pm games are an option too.  All I know is that they shouldn't put people at risk like that.  It's just a football game, not a death March.  

The only way the Dolphins can win is to cheat.

3 hours ago, UConn James said:

How soon we forget Korey Stringer.

His family created a sports science center at my alma mater UConn after he died of exertional heat stroke in 2001 after a Vikings training camp practice where the heat index was 99*  (and reached 110* that day).

How the league can continue to schedule mid-day games in Miami & Tampa (tho, yesterday’s game there had a 4:30 start) in the early part of the season just takes a poop on the notion that they care about player safety. 

Stringer had high doses of ephedra in his system as well. Both things contributed, but I don't think he passes without both things going on

4 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

The nfl just needs to postpone games when the heat index is over 90 in Miami. Why have the players risk injury completely unnecessarily? When it can be so easily avoided. 

Yesterday's wet bulb index was close to 100. The NFL doesn't care about anything but money & ratings. Why do you think they shoved Tua back out there after he clearly suffered a concussion.  Back issues my ass.  Every year the NFL choreographed games. Yesterday was no different. Until someone dies they'll continue to bend their contrived safety rules.

Seriously…do some here not realize that the Dolphins have played in SE Florida for over 50 years?  And now for some strange reason, there is outrage over yesterday, and the NFL & NFLPA must take action.  Where was all this fake anger prior to yesterday?

Just stop.  The Bills lost a game they should have won.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, NC-billsfan! said:

1. It’s a clear home field advantage.

2. it’s a brilliant move by the Dolphins.

3. I think the NFL should address it for player safety only.

4. This is on the Bills, where were canopies/ tents,  misting fans etc. The training staff was on the field with heat exhausted players. No shade provided, no towels soaked in ice water. I mean come on, let’s accept some responsibility.

The Bills were unable to use canopies and/or tents because the Dolphins refused to use them and as such an opposing team cannot do something that would allow them an unfair advantage.  Things like that have to be done by both teams or neither team is able to use them.

They had cool zone fans set up.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yesterday's wet bulb index was close to 100. The NFL doesn't care about anything but money & ratings. Why do you think they shoved Tua back out there after he clearly suffered a concussion.  Back issues my ass.  Every year the NFL choreographed games. Yesterday was no different. Until someone dies they'll continue to bend their contrived safety rules.

Then why bother to continue watching if it such a joke of a league?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.