Miami home field sun advantage and why this is wrong on so many levels

oldschoolfootball1963

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

You can have a great OL and Allen can still move outside the pocket. 

I guess I am saying it's not that important for them to have a great OLine and they probably want to spend resources elsewhere.  I also fully expect Kromer to have them playing really well by the midpoint of the year.

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Allen was the least sacked QB DESPITE the Oline. You guys don’t get it. Allen is so fluid he gets away with it. 

It like someone avoiding potholes in WNY, it’s amazing if you can dodge it unscathed, but there shouldn’t be potholes to begin with competent management. 

Last season the OL was built to pass block. They built the line that way at the expense of run blocking, which they were poor at. This off-season they traded some pass blocking prowess for better run blockers. I have no idea why they did that. It has been my only big worry on that side of the ball. And it’s a big one. 

Edited by BarleyNY

3 minutes ago, T master said:

Being a transplanted yankee moving to south florida in the late 90's and then working in the heat every day for the next 20 yrs i can say from personal experience it takes time to build up a tolerance to that kind of heat & you have to drink a ton of water to stay hydrated .

That being said i can't imagine running constantly up and down the field in the heat that would be unbelievably hard !! 

Wait ill the Fins come to Buffalo !! 

You could clone the Miami team and have them hypothetically play themselves and the team in the sun would be at a disadvantage esp late in the game

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Someone, I think it was the Minnesota Twins in the Metrodome, figured out that the ventilation system created a draft, either in from the outfield or out from home plate.   So, they began turning the ventilation on and off every half inning, so that the Twins had the advantage of the draft.   It actually affected play, at least until the league discovered they were doing that and made them stop.  

The Bills would do the same thing with the door at the end of the tunnel, opening it and closing it when it gave the Bills an advantage with the wind. 

The NFL basically forced Miami to put up the canopy in 2015 if they ever wanted to host a SB again.  If the NFL wants to, they can force Miami to cover up the hole in the middle. 

Edited by Just Jack

7 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Let me know when McD wins a super bowl with a Ferrari QB. He has zero excuses. It’s win or leave. 

That’s like a skip bayless hot take!  You need to show respect to the staff that made this team. 

Edited by nedboy7

The NFL needs to be a little but more concerned with not just safe conditions but conditions that are conducive to a good product. The game despite its high temps was decent but it would have been better played at 7pm.  They should have the ability to flex games to the nights for extreme temperatures.  Yesterday was a prime example.  But getting the NFL to reconsider these things is like getting a constitutional amendment. 

12 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

It's too hot and sunny? Boo hoo! 

The Bills didn't bring tents for shade, they didn't bring the mist machines, they didn't bring anything to prepare for the heat. That's on coaching. 

Imagine if Miami showed up to Buffalo in December with no coats, no blankets, no heaters, nothing then complained it was cold.

Crying about the weather is lame. We are better than this. 

Just curious, I was looking around for sideline rules, and I could not find any.  I thought I heard if Miami does not want tents on their side the other side cannot have them.  Teams must be able to bring whatever they want provided the home team is using the same. The league likely would not allow one team with tents and the other without. It would create an unfair advantage.

If tents were allowed, I am sure we would have them.  You can only prepare to what you are allowed to do.

Does their shade create a competitive advantage, yes.  This can't be denied. Despite this we had a chance to win, it is not why we lost so no Boo hoo.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-charlie

It's too hot and sunny? Boo hoo! 

The Bills didn't bring tents for shade, they didn't bring the mist machines, they didn't bring anything to prepare for the heat. That's on coaching. 

Imagine if Miami showed up to Buffalo in December with no coats, no blankets, no heaters, nothing then complained it was cold.

Crying about the weather is lame. We are better than this. 

Just when I thought you couldn’t out do your pathetic comments in the GDT you come thru with a gem!  

• Like (+1) 1

@IronMaidenBills has me going through old Pats seasons and every year except the undefeated one there were close regular season losses during the Brady/Belichick years. And in that undefeated year, they lost the SB by 3 to a 10-6 Giants team. So yes, the greatest coach in NFL history does lose “these types of games.” All teams do. If close losses didn’t happen NFL football would be boring like Alabama-Citidel games.

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

@IronMaidenBills has me going through old Pats seasons and every year except the undefeated one there were close regular season losses during the Brady/Belichick years. And in that undefeated year, they lost the SB by 3 to a 10-6 Giants team. So yes, the greatest coach in NFL history does lose “these types of games.” All teams do. If close losses didn’t happen NFL football would be boring like Alabama-Citidel games.

Bill belichick and the pats franchise actually argued this Miami stadium design and its unfair advantages to the league....everyone laughed at it then...but even those juggernaut pats dynasty teams regularly lost and took massive upsets down in miami Sept and early oct and it wasn't because Miami was a good team either.....Miami is what they have always been and that's fools gold....but man do they have a huge advantage by stadium design

Edited by Billever76

I woke up this morning thinking about this game. The NFL scheduling gods did our bills no weather favors. I posted a lot about how the weather here in socal was unprecedentedly hot, heat advisories etc on and on and on last week. This week again hot and humid in miami

People these men are not machines. In retrospect ( I am not a Dr) but  I think it was impossible to properly and fully prepare the human beings body to withstand such extreme heats while playing NFL football within such a short span of time. Physically. Conditioned or not human biology vs mother nature. She won yesterday. Never mind the dolphins planning their stadium for a home field advantage.  That's a given. It's a no brainer. plus its miami. 

Yesterdays game i just more bitterness to add to my how much I hate miami pile. It is precisely games like THIS that von miller has pleaded with us to BURN. I have taken the analogy to heart.  AND the cherry are all the injuries. Lord have mercy.

**** the dolphins c ya again later this season.  

m

@ArtVandalay hello this is no boo hoo issue hermano. This is and could have been life impacting. just sayin'.

Edited by muppy

5 minutes ago, since79 said:

Just curious, I was looking around for sideline rules, and I could not find any.  I thought I heard if Miami does not want tents on their side the other side cannot have them.  Teams must be able to bring whatever they want provided the home team is using the same. The league likely would not allow one team with tents and the other without. It would create an unfair advantage.

If tents were allowed, I am sure we would have them.  You can only prepare to what you are allowed to do.

Does their shade create a competitive advantage, yes.  This can't be denied. Despite this we had a chance to win, it is not why we lost so no Boo hoo.  

Tents are allowed, other teams bring them.  New England does this.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.