Miami home field sun advantage and why this is wrong on so many levels

oldschoolfootball1963

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

They actually don’t. Go look and count how many times Allen has to move outside of the pocket and the time he has to throw. Allen almost always scrambles and throws because he has too. Manning and Brady never had to deal with this BS. 

Manning and Brady can't move well. Allen is at his most dangerous outside the pocket, why would you want to take that away? You don't need a stellar OLine with a QB like Allen.  He has ben sacked 52 times the past 2 seasons, 2nd fewest next to Tom Brady.  Not sure how you can complain about pass pro. Joe Burrow can complain about pass pro.

I just read the entire thread. I don’t care who won the game. The winner is not important. If you took your 80 year old grandma into that stadium what side of the stadium 🏟 would you sit her on for 4 hours. We have many 300 pound men expending lots of energy. This is not right. It has nothing to do with who wins or losses. If the Bills had won I would be saying the same thing. That side of the field was unsafe for player safety. Korey Stringer died of heat stroke for the Minn Vikings. 
This was unsafe period and this effects players in different ways. We may have a few players that might not play in Baltimore because of the effects of this game. I was very worried someone might die in this game. Credit Miami for hanging in there. But look at their defense 90 plays and still doing well. Now look at the Bills offense. They look like they might die out there. If you don’t think that this is a problem then you are the problem. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

They actually don’t. Go look and count how many times Allen has to move outside of the pocket and the time he has to throw. Allen almost always scrambles and throws because he has too. Manning and Brady never had to deal with this BS. 

"It's going to be a challenge," Brady said on his podcast when discussing the offensive line. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-shares-outside-criticism-of-his-depleted-o-line-with-bucs-linemen-i-hope-they-take-it-to-heart/

Just now, Big Turk said:

Manning and Brady can't move well. Allen is at his most dangerous outside the pocket, why would you want to take that away? You don't need a stellar OLine with a QB like Allen.  He has ben sacked 52 times the past 2 seasons, 2nd fewest next to Tom Brady.  Not sure how you can complain about pass pro. Joe Burrow can complain about pass pro.

I know Manning and Brady can’t move. I know Allen can move and is dangerous on the run and throw, but he shouldn’t have to make circus plays all the time. I know you don’t need a stellar Oline with Allen, but imagine if we did? Imagine Allen having a clean pocket for 3-4 sec a play nearly every play. Literally unstoppable. But Beane doesn’t know how to draft linemen and relies on Allen to cover up for his drafting shortcomings. 

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Despite the Oline. Allen is purely a wizard and has beaten the odds, but even Superman can do so much with 3rd stringers. I mentally cream at the thought of Allen having a Manning Oline at somepoint. 

he bounced a short pass for an easy TD in the 4th.

its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-charlie

It's too hot and sunny? Boo hoo! 

The Bills didn't bring tents for shade, they didn't bring the mist machines, they didn't bring anything to prepare for the heat. That's on coaching. 

Imagine if Miami showed up to Buffalo in December with no coats, no blankets, no heaters, nothing then complained it was cold.

Crying about the weather is lame. We are better than this. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Allen was the least sacked QB last year.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/qb-sacked-per-game?date=2022-02-14

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

he bounced a short pass for an easy TD in the 4th.

He did.  Something happened on his stride.  His foot planted too early, picked up and replanted again.  It was like a double foot clutch.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

"It's going to be a challenge," Brady said on his podcast when discussing the offensive line. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-shares-outside-criticism-of-his-depleted-o-line-with-bucs-linemen-i-hope-they-take-it-to-heart/

Now you are being disingenuous. I meant career Brady. Career Brady and Manning never had to deal with this crap because they had elite olinemen. Allen throws behind circus performers. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

You can have a great OL and Allen can still move outside the pocket. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Now you are being disingenuous. I meant career Brady. Career Brady and Manning never had to deal with this crap because they had elite olinemen. Allen throws behind circus performers. 

https://www.patspulpit.com/2016/6/7/11867886/patriots-offensive-line-was-2nd-worst-in-nfl-qb-tom-brady-is-best-in-the-nfl-while-under-pressure

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Only a W matters. Yes we dominated it for the most part, but we s the bed ALL the time. Belichick never loses these types of games. It’s embarrassing actually. We are dramatically underperforming so far. We are doing well despite an unprofessional Oline, which is incredible to me, but we are still underperforming for where our stats are. 

Steelers-Patriots 2018.

Pats had the ball, down by 7 at the end of the game. The Pats turned it over on downs. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=401030956

Edited by FrenchConnection

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Allen was the least sacked QB last year.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/qb-sacked-per-game?date=2022-02-14

He did.  Something happened on his stride.  His foot planted too early, picked up and replanted again.  It was like a double foot clutch.

Allen was the least sacked QB DESPITE the Oline. You guys don’t get it. Allen is so fluid he gets away with it. 

It like someone avoiding potholes in WNY, it’s amazing if you can dodge it unscathed, but there shouldn’t be potholes to begin with competent management. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I love my team and wanted to see them win yesterday but on this topic alone Ill say this...The Bills are a billion dollar organization, if they couldnt come up with a plan to prevent a known issue than its on them not the Dolphins.  

This is fair criticism 

19 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

We had these problems well before the injuries lately. Our Oline has been minor league for years now and Allen just transcends it. We are now well below minor league Oline now and it’s proven to much for Allen to handle, and I don’t blame him. 

Is the stat true that we are like 0-8 or something like that in close games. Maybe McD is holding us back. Our Oline +McD seems to be the main issue. 

McD is one of the reasons we have possibly the best team. Sorry you are so absorbed into your mind over a tough loss. 

8 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-charlie

It's too hot and sunny? Boo hoo! 

The Bills didn't bring tents for shade, they didn't bring the mist machines, they didn't bring anything to prepare for the heat. That's on coaching. 

Imagine if Miami showed up to Buffalo in December with no coats, no blankets, no heaters, nothing then complained it was cold.

Crying about the weather is lame. We are better than this. 

This x100. We lost because we are losers. Winners win and get home field advantage. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Being a transplanted yankee moving to south florida in the late 90's and then working in the heat every day for the next 20 yrs i can say from personal experience it takes time to build up a tolerance to that kind of heat & you have to drink a ton of water to stay hydrated .

That being said i can't imagine running constantly up and down the field in the heat that would be unbelievably hard !! 

Wait ill the Fins come to Buffalo !! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.