Miami home field sun advantage and why this is wrong on so many levels

oldschoolfootball1963

Just now, Beast said:

It was no issue when we won there in September last season 35-0.

Exactly. We lost because we are losers. We lose to teams we shouldn’t. We outplayed them and laid an egg because our team doesn’t have the mental fortitude to close. Most of the issues stem from a bad Oline that Allen’s been covering up for years. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 3

Just now, Buffalo Dude said:

Jacksonville and Tampa stadiums do not provide this type of advantage. There’s no roof and so the stadium is not shaded except for some fans. 

This type of advantage is only happening in only 1 NFL stadium. 

Heat wipes out energy. Look at Josh’s miss in the end zone. Short pass. 

When people park in Miami, the first spots taken are the ones with shade, not the closest to the store. Think about that. 

Thinking is for losers . . . apparently.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BananaB said:

What could they figure out, if they put up Canopy’s it would of blocked the vision of fans in the front row. So it probably wasn’t even allowed

We are a billion dollar organization, I am sure that something could have been figured out.  But to that point no one has ever done anything about it.

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Exactly. We lost because we are losers. We lose to teams we shouldn’t. We outplayed them and laid an egg because our team doesn’t have the mental fortitude to close. Most of the issues stem from a bad Oline that Allen’s been covering up for years. 

Well, they lost yesterday but this team left it all out on the field. They have themselves to blame but the effort was top notch.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Everybody does.  There has only been one undefeated team in the entire existence of the NFL.  

2 hours ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

The NFL or players association needs to step in and do something about this. We could have had several players die or be so heat effected that it could effect those players for several games. This is a safety issue. When the dolphins play in buffalo they have the same heaters and cold weather gear and it’s on equal footing. In Miami one team gets to be in the shade the entire game while the other side bakes in the sun. I’ve never been to Hard Rock stadium. But it appears there is some sort of screen or something that keeps their side shady. This is a very unfair advantage that effects the players heath. It would be like the dolphins having to play in leather helmets Vs the Bill's with todays helmet technology. I’m not pissed that we lost. I’m mad about how the sun effected the Bills players more because one team gets the shade while the other team bakes. This needs to stop to protect player safety. 

NFL should mandate that the Dolphins provide overhead tent coverage for visiting teams. This should be brought up by Beanne and Pegula as a safety concern,  I cannot remember a game like that where players were dropping like flies because of the heat & sun.

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Agree 3

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/9ozdxm/the_least_talked_about_most_powerful_unfair_home/

This is most definitely an unfair advantage for miami....its insane that this isn't brought to the spotlight and even more insane its the first time I've actually pondered this.....unreal how unfair it is....it's akin to having a stadium where the visiting team has no bench and has to stand all game

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

https://www.shadedseats.com/seats-shade-sun-hardrock-stadium/

look at the staidium orientation, there’s no break from noon - six

coincidence i think not

The stadium was built with no partial roof, so back then everyone baked.  I went to a game there in 95 degree weather, no clouds, no wind and it was brutal, most of the fans went in the tunnels to watch on TV which is why they built the partial roof.  It worked out to their advantage of course, which would you choose?

I love all of the “suck it up” tough guys in this thread.  You’ve obviously never dealt with a heat exhaustion or heat stroke issue in real life.  It’s no joke, and to subject one team to extreme conditions while the other is not is the very definition of cheating and unfair advantage.

And we STILL should have won.

There is an easy solution; allow cooling tents and fans, and schedule September and October games at 4 pm or later.

Eff those effing mother effers.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

The Ravens won the super bowl with Trent Fn Dilfer. We have Josh Allen, come on, so tired of this BS. 

Maybe take a break from the internet for a little while.  You're basically rambling incoherently at this point.  

The Bills lost, nobody on this forum likes that.  There were lots of contributing factors.  Claiming that "they're just losers" takes away from actual discussion.  There isn't some divine hand mandating that the Bills lose close games. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It doesn’t matter. No more losing, just win. We outplayed a team and lost. I’m tired of losing when we shouldn’t. This is why we can’t have home field advantages and this is why we don’t sniff super bowl victories. 

You are the most dramatic poster in the history of the internet.  You have no ability to deal with the slightest adversity.  Our team lost a game yesterday and you're having a mental break down.  You're just rambling stupid nonsense over and over and over again.

7 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Maybe take a break from the internet for a little while.  You're basically rambling incoherently at this point.  

The Bills lost, nobody on this forum likes that.  There were lots of contributing factors.  Claiming that "they're just losers" takes away from actual discussion.  There isn't some divine hand mandating that the Bills lose close games. 

100%

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The Ravens won the super bowl with Trent Fn Dilfer. We have Josh Allen, come on, so tired of this BS. 

Grow up.. You spew the same stuff over and over. Beane isn’t reading this. 50 O line comments in 24 hours isn’t changing the roster. Worst part is you have some valid points, your delivery is toddler like though. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

The NFL or players association needs to step in and do something about this. We could have had several players die or be so heat effected that it could effect those players for several games. This is a safety issue. When the dolphins play in buffalo they have the same heaters and cold weather gear and it’s on equal footing. In Miami one team gets to be in the shade the entire game while the other side bakes in the sun. I’ve never been to Hard Rock stadium. But it appears there is some sort of screen or something that keeps their side shady. This is a very unfair advantage that effects the players heath. It would be like the dolphins having to play in leather helmets Vs the Bill's with todays helmet technology. I’m not pissed that we lost. I’m mad about how the sun effected the Bills players more because one team gets the shade while the other team bakes. This needs to stop to protect player safety. 

I haven't read the thread, so I don't know what others have said, but I agree with you.   There are some things that are gamesmanship, things like taking advantage of differences in locker rooms.  The Dolphins probably always wear white at home, because that forces the visitors to wear dark shirts, and that gives the Dolphins an advantage in the hear.  But teams shouldn't be able to manipulate their stadiums to create a built-in advantage for themselves.   The game is premised on, to coin a phrase, a level playing field, and in those conditions yesterday, the field was not level. 

Someone, I think it was the Minnesota Twins in the Metrodome, figured out that the ventilation system created a draft, either in from the outfield or out from home plate.   So, they began turning the ventilation on and off every half inning, so that the Twins had the advantage of the draft.   It actually affected play, at least until the league discovered they were doing that and made them stop.  

When you're the visiting team and all your headsets die to your coaches in the booth, the home team is required to turn off their headsets until the problem is fixed.   

There are a lot of rules to keep the playing field level, and teams in hot climates shouldn't be able to take that advantage.  

Why didn't the Bills just bring 30 or 40 pop tents, like tailgaters use, and line the sideline with them?

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.