Get The Ball Spotted Ref!

MarlinTheMagician

It looked like the last play was a completely broken play anyway. Under the circumstances Josh should have thrown it away. Tossing to the centre of the field to McKenzie and making something out of nothing, is a great quality that Josh has but not in that situation with so little time left. McKenzie for his part needs to drop the pass on purpose or just get down right away where he catches it. Unfortunately a bone headed play for all involved.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

It looked like the last play was a completely broken play anyway. Under the circumstances Josh should have thrown it away. Tossing to the centre of the field to McKenzie and making something out of nothing, is a great quality that Josh has but not in that situation with so little time left. McKenzie for his part needs to drop the pass on purpose or just get down right away where he catches it. Unfortunately a bone headed play for all involved.

If McKenzie had just run forward instead of towards the sidelines, he would have saved 3 or 4 seconds. The refs could have spotted the ball and they would have only lost 2 or 3 yards. Players nowadays aren't coached to think. I'll probably get flamed, but I've seen Beasley make that play instead of killing clock. Oh well! Onto Baltimore. 

• Agree 3

27 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

If McKenzie had just run forward instead of towards the sidelines, he would have saved 3 or 4 seconds. The refs could have spotted the ball and they would have only lost 2 or 3 yards. Players nowadays aren't coached to think. I'll probably get flamed, but I've seen Beasley make that play instead of killing clock. Oh well! Onto Baltimore. 

I agree if he runs forward and gets tackled, we get an extra play there.  But it's hard to fault the guy.  His first priority is getting out of bounds.  Second priority was getting it in Bass's range.  That would be next level awareness for Ike to have gotten down in the middle of the field with 11 seconds there.  

The Bills should have been lined up and ready to go by the time the ball was spotted. But they were all dead tired and looked like they physically could not get it done. Even with that, they could have only snapped it with maybe 1 second left. It was a lot to ask.

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

Bass wasn’t making a 60+ yard field goal. We needed the extra yards. And I believe in that scenario we’re looking at like a 63 or 65 yard field goal.

• Disagree 1

20 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

You use that as one of your 19 posts?

I originally thought that the ref was taking his time but when I went back and took a look at it again he was not the fact of the matter is the past play took too long for the receiver to get down

Smart, thoughtful and productive post. Keep up the good work!

11 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Isaiah had a clear path to the 45 ob marker which would've stopped the clock around 6-7 seconds. But he tried to go upfield closer to the 40 which got him run down. At least at the 45 Bass could've attempted a 62 yarder.

Can't fault McKenzie, he was under extreme duress and exhausted.  But I appreciate the helpful posts on timing as I was legitimately curious (could have done without the "yawn") - I can accept there were 8-9 seconds left and 10 is the minimum.  Game of not only inches, but a second or two.  Too bad about the darn holding penalty, Bass (in my mind), would have for sure popped a 57 yarder without the hold.

On 9/26/2022 at 1:01 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Fans will one day realize that officiating is subjective and there will be mistakes made.

True. Coaching also. But I'll really get thumbs down and puking for that statement. Dollars.  Buffalo is still statistically superior though working out Jordan Howard or Lataveyus Murray isn't a bad idea. Miami 3.5 point dogs thursday likely to lose by 6 or more. This is the NFL and there's a 17th game to work with and logical explanations galore for cover. Yet none more logical than this man's post. 

On 9/26/2022 at 12:58 AM, ALLEN1QB said:

More concerned about poor officiating all day.

The officiating was fine on Sunday.  We had a few borderline calls go against us, but so did Miami.  I'm thinking specifically of a defensive holding call that we got in the first quarter that was basically a phantom.  The refs also didn't give Miami a TD on a rushing play where the RB obviously broke the plane of the goal line, but the view was too obstructed to overturn.  Also, I forget when this happened, but we got away with a false start on a play down near their goal line -- we either scored on that play or it set up a score.

Edited by BillsFanSD
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

My biggest take away from that last play is that I wish McKenzie would have tried to get out of bounds. He looked like he had a chance, but at the last second, he decided to get a couple of extra yards to help out Bass.  Hindsight is 20/20, but I think he could have gotten out.  

Even if he did get out of bounds it would have around a 60 yard FG attempt. We could point to a number of plays where they lost the game but it wasn't on the last play. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.