Shout out to Stefon Diggs..

JerseyBills

4 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

This may be unnecessary but I just wanted to highlight how much of a Dog Diggs is. I mean I already knew he was like that but today showed me he's willing to take it to extreme levels to get the W. 

That shot of him needing to lay down because of the heat, multiple cramping issues only to come back in a cpl plays later will speak VOLUMES in this locker room. I gained so much more respect after today and believe me when I say I respect the he11 out of him already . In a loss nonetheless. 

We're going to be Just Fine!

With guys like Allen n Diggs on O and Von , Poyer and Tre on D. We're going to be fine in the locker room..

This L is only going to ignite a fire in that locker room.

Go Bills!

Yeah sorry not in the mood to throw Diggs a party.

He was a no show the entire second half. 

Disappeared again.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I think the NFL needs to investigate Miami's "burn the other team" construction design where the Dolphins are in the shade and the other bench is in direct sunlight.  Could we build a warming room for our players at our stadium and not do it for the visitors?  

Agree.  it is not like we can make it much colder only on the visitor's side of the field in December.

8 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Disappeared again.

Again?

Did you not see the double teams? 

Which single handedly gives other guys 1 on 1 matchups. 

Gtfo here with that

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Disappeared again.

Yeah, quite the 7 catch for 74 yds disappearing act. You know who actually, really disappeared today? Tyreek Hill. 2-33. The man that all of the doubters and contrarians feared all week long as the most explosive weapon in the AFC (oh no Tyreek Hill!!! The Cheetah blurp) put up less than half of Stef's stat line.

And if we're really going to try and questions Diggs 3 weeks in, do you know who leads the NFL in receiving yards right now, after "disappearing again"? That's right. 

Guess who's second in receptions, and first in TDs? Yup.

Blaming Diggs of all people is lazy trolling. Laaaaaaaaazy.

Edited by Nelius
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Disappeared again.

Disappeared? Huh? Again? What specifically are you referencing?

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Not so sure of this. It's way too early to project. If injuries linger or get worse the Bills might very well fall back into the pack. I'm getting a little tired of hearing how the Bills are the best team in the league. After today's lose and so many injuries who knows what's gonna happen. Certainly, the Bills were not even close to being the best team. Injuries are crippling the Bills. Could it be an injury riddled year? 

not even close to being the best team?  We beat last year Super Bowl champions and the number one seed from last year we came into this game of walking mash unit and still almost pulled it out you’re embarrassing yourself

And just to toss it out there because it always comes up, and I still hear about how much better he is due to stats - you know who also had another awful game today? Golden God son Justin Jefferson, the greatest wide receiver who has ever lived. That week 1 line looking more like an outlier

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Not so sure of this. It's way too early to project. If injuries linger or get worse the Bills might very well fall back into the pack. I'm getting a little tired of hearing how the Bills are the best team in the league. After today's lose and so many injuries who knows what's gonna happen. Certainly, the Bills were not even close to being the best team. Injuries are crippling the Bills. Could it be an injury riddled year? 

It’s not too early to project that we’re going to continue to be the favorite to win it all, because guess what, we continue to be the favorite.  Even WITH the injuries we currently are dealing with, we dominated the game.  Certainly if the injury bug gets worse and that starts to impact our ability to dominate games, the outlook for the team will change.  But what other team in the league do you think has a higher ceiling and outlook than the Bills?

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Disappeared? Huh? Again? What specifically are you referencing?

The entire 2nd half. 

Diggs had a 6-yard catch at the 10:05 mark of the 4th, and a 16-yarder at the 8:28 mark of the 4th. 

That's it. 

5 hours ago, Nelius said:

Yeah, quite the 7 catch for 74 yds disappearing act. You know who actually, really disappeared today? Tyreek Hill. 2-33. The man that all of the doubters and contrarians feared all week long as the most explosive weapon in the AFC (oh no Tyreek Hill!!! The Cheetah blurp) put up less than half of Stef's stat line.

And if we're really going to try and questions Diggs 3 weeks in, do you know who leads the NFL in receiving yards right now, after "disappearing again"? That's right. 

Guess who's second in receptions, and first in TDs? Yup.

Blaming Diggs of all people is lazy trolling. Laaaaaaaaazy.

It's not lazy. 

5 catches in the first half. 

2 catches for 22 yards in the 2nd half. 

Disappearing act. 

• Dislike 1

the drop off in our offense, specifically the ability to score TDs, when diggs is handled is kinda shocking.  i know we were down a bunch of people and it was hot and the line sucked and so on, but gabe davis is a decent player, but not wildly above a typical nfl #2 WR.  iseah mac is a neat gadget guy, but he is obviously limited.  knox has not been an impact at all this season, and kumrow (who is far from good) going down had an actual impact in our passing game.

the one thing that could change our O the easiest to me is another actual playmaker.  getting protection, palycalling, run game, and all of that sorted is a bigger undertaking 

8 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Friend,

We were missing one starting CB, BOTH safeties, two starting defensive tackles, pregame.  At game time we found out we were also going without our starting center.  During the course of the game, we lost our RG and RT, our starting TE, AND our #1 receiver for large portions of the game.

1.We gifted the Dolphins a turnover at our own 6 yard line.  

2.Gabe Davis dropped an easy TD.

3.Van Rotten caused us to miss a FG attempt right before the half.

4.Milano missed a guaranteed pick six.

5.Tyler Bass missed a chip shot 38 harder.

6.Allen missed McKenzie for a sure TD.

7.We mismanaged the final drive that should've ended in a game winning FG attempt.

We left a gazillion plays on the field.  Miami left none, and played as perfect a game as they could've.  And we lost by two points, in the final seconds of the game. 

There's no doubt in my mind we're the best team in the league.

8 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Every team loses games. Only one team from the playoffs last year is 3-0 at this point. We tend to overemphasize our losses here on two bills drive. The goal is to make the playoffs and hopefully get the #1 seed and to do that we need to win, sure but it does not spell doomsday for our team that we do lose from time to time.

If the injuries linger then sure, it may be a more difficult path, but the only critical injury we have so far is Hyde. Hopefully the rest will recover by next week, if not through the bye week in 3 weeks.

Edited by What a Tuel

5 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

It’s not too early to project that we’re going to continue to be the favorite to win it all, because guess what, we continue to be the favorite.  Even WITH the injuries we currently are dealing with, we dominated the game.  Certainly if the injury bug gets worse and that starts to impact our ability to dominate games, the outlook for the team will change.  But what other team in the league do you think has a higher ceiling and outlook than the Bills?

Great post! Imho, the Bills are the best team in the NFL when healthy. My premise is that they are not healthy. A healthy Bills team would have blown the Dolphins out of the water. Currently, the Bills injuries gives teams like KC, SD, Balt, Indy, Denver, Clev, etc...a much better chance of winning. My initial thought is the upcoming Balt game is a loss. Bottom line is the Bills team needs to get healthy and hopefully they will. 

2 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

Friend,

We were missing one starting CB, BOTH safeties, two starting defensive tackles, pregame.  At game time we found out we were also going without our starting center.  During the course of the game, we lost our RG and RT, our starting TE, AND our #1 receiver for large portions of the game.

1.We gifted the Dolphins a turnover at our own 6 yard line.  

2.Gabe Davis dropped an easy TD.

3.Van Rotten caused us to miss a FG attempt right before the half.

4.Milano missed a guaranteed pick six.

5.Tyler Bass missed a chip shot 38 harder.

6.Allen missed McKenzie for a sure TD.

7.We mismanaged the final drive that should've ended in a game winning FG attempt.

We left a gazillion plays on the field.  Miami left none, and played as perfect a game as they could've.  And we lost by two points, in the final seconds of the game. 

There's no doubt in my mind we're the best team in the league.

The best team in the league shouldn't gift a team a win. Right? A healthy Bills team is absolutely the best team in the league. The Bills aren't healthy. Do the math...

2 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Every team loses games. Only one team from the playoffs last year is 3-0 at this point. We tend to overemphasize our losses here on two bills drive. The goal is to make the playoffs and hopefully get the #1 seed and to do that we need to win, sure but it does not spell doomsday for our team that we do lose from time to time.

If the injuries linger then sure, it may be a more difficult path, but the only critical injury we have so far is Hyde. Hopefully the rest will recover by next week, if not through the bye week in 3 weeks.

I'm not speaking doomsday. In fact, there are positives that can be taken from the Dolphins game. Many have stated them here. A healthy Bills team is dominate and almost unbeatable. Injuries are part of the game. Hopefully we get healthy soon. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.