Shout out to Stefon Diggs..

JerseyBills

This may be unnecessary but I just wanted to highlight how much of a Dog Diggs is. I mean I already knew he was like that but today showed me he's willing to take it to extreme levels to get the W. 

That shot of him needing to lay down because of the heat, multiple cramping issues only to come back in a cpl plays later will speak VOLUMES in this locker room. I gained so much more respect after today and believe me when I say I respect the he11 out of him already . In a loss nonetheless. 

We're going to be Just Fine!

With guys like Allen n Diggs on O and Von , Poyer and Tre on D. We're going to be fine in the locker room..

This L is only going to ignite a fire in that locker room.

Go Bills!

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 20
  • Agree 9

If there's one team this team has, it's the will to keep fighting.

There's never that moment where you think anyone's phoning it in or not giving it their all (like in the Dick Jauron years), and guys like Diggs & Allen show how competitive & determined they are. 

It's that mindset that makes me far more confident in this team than just stats or W/L record. You know they're never going to quit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I think the NFL needs to investigate Miami's "burn the other team" construction design where the Dolphins are in the shade and the other bench is in direct sunlight.  Could we build a warming room for our players at our stadium and not do it for the visitors?  

Believe the rules are you need to provide the same equipment to both sides, fans for heat, or heated benches in cold weather, but would be rather difficult to dictate visiting team can't be in sun.  Only so many ways you can build/orient a stadium.  Not that the NFL cares much about fans but placing a tent or something on the sidelines would not do much for fans sight lines and wouldn't look very good on TV either.

Recall many years ago in Minn, Bud Grant was the coach and he would not put heated benches on the field for both teams as felt Vikings were used to playing in cold other team wasn't so game them big advantage.

Eventually when a player dies in a game from heat, then they may change the scheduling so games like this are played in north early and south late.  But only so much can be done there too.

13 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Believe the rules are you need to provide the same equipment to both sides, fans for heat, or heated benches in cold weather, but would be rather difficult to dictate visiting team can't be in sun.  Only so many ways you can build/orient a stadium.  Not that the NFL cares much about fans but placing a tent or something on the sidelines would not do much for fans sight lines and wouldn't look very good on TV either.

Recall many years ago in Minn, Bud Grant was the coach and he would not put heated benches on the field for both teams as felt Vikings were used to playing in cold other team wasn't so game them big advantage.

Eventually when a player dies in a game from heat, then they may change the scheduling so games like this are played in north early and south late.  But only so much can be done there too.

The obvious answer is to have the sidelines be determined by coin flip and/or have them switch sides at half time. 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I think the NFL needs to investigate Miami's "burn the other team" construction design where the Dolphins are in the shade and the other bench is in direct sunlight.  Could we build a warming room for our players at our stadium and not do it for the visitors?  

Interesting.  I never even knew about this. That's a huge advantage in a game like today.. I completely agree

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

The obvious answer is to have the sidelines be determined by coin flip and/or have them switch sides at half time. 

As long as you don't mind 1/2 hour half time. With ll the communications equipment connected to the sides, phones, exercise equipment, medical and training stuff to be moved once the sides are determined.  Would need to happen all year, at every game, not just in hot or cold games.

Yes it's the obvious answer, but likely not practical

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

As long as you don't mind 1/2 hour half time. With ll the communications equipment connected to the sides, phones, exercise equipment, medical and training stuff to be moved once the sides are determined.  Would need to happen all year, at every game, not just in hot or cold games.

Yes it's the obvious answer, but likely not practical

Absolutely this.

I give credit to Miami for creating a clear advantage in hot weather games when they designed the stadium. 

We need to do the same with our new stadium!

5 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Absolutely this.

I give credit to Miami for creating a clear advantage in hot weather games when they designed the stadium. 

We need to do the same with our new stadium!

To do what? It's pretty easy to layer up and have things like bone broth, heated seats, etc to keep players safe even in the coldest games. 

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I thought that burning the visitors thing was common knowledge but apparently not? I saw so many posts today about how the Fish had to play in the same weather so therefore the heat was no excuse. I don't personally think it dictates wins and losses, but the two teams aren't dealing with the exact same environment when it feels like it's 99 on the field.

16 minutes ago, appoo said:

To do what? It's pretty easy to layer up and have things like bone broth, heated seats, etc to keep players safe even in the coldest games. 

Big ass open corridor that channels December wind from Lake Erie down the visitors side and let’s it funnel straight through. 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Could the visiting teams bring in shade canopies for their bench?

No clue, but if there’s no rule against it I’d do it just to see what happens…. “Player safety”. 

Edited by Buffalo Junction

2 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

It’s hard to dominate a game much more and still lose.  And that’s with countless injuries left and right.  We should continue to be the favorite to win it all.

Not so sure of this. It's way too early to project. If injuries linger or get worse the Bills might very well fall back into the pack. I'm getting a little tired of hearing how the Bills are the best team in the league. After today's lose and so many injuries who knows what's gonna happen. Certainly, the Bills were not even close to being the best team. Injuries are crippling the Bills. Could it be an injury riddled year? 

• Disagree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.