This place is so cathartic after losses.

BIGFOOTspaceman

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

losing 7 straight one score games is concerning.  shorthanded or not.  It's not like "we sucked and couldn't find a way to win."  It's that we actively chocked (again) at critical points in the game including 3rd and 22 on D, 2nd and goal at the 1 yard line, and at the end of the game trying to get a FG against an exhausted D.  

yet we were NOT ready for a close game, AGAIN.  It's unreal.  The players, coaches, etc.  They blow things like 3rd and 22, or 2nd and goal from the 1, or the end of the game.  Things that don't matter if you blowout the opponent, but things that matter tremendously in a close game.  

Perhaps being in a position to win in the first place is a sign of a fantastic coaching job?

How many teams are even within 2 TDs if they had the same issues the Bills had?

Just now, Big Turk said:

Perhaps being in a position to win in the first place is a sign of a fantastic coaching job?

teams with QBs like Allen are.  We can't win close games.  It's a huge concern. Ignoring that and making excuses (not saying that's what you are doing, btw)--but it's a major concern.  The players and/or coaches are not the same in close games.  They don't execute on the small details as well.  

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

teams with QBs like Allen are.  We can't win close games.  It's a huge concern. Ignoring that and making excuses (not saying that's what you are doing, btw)--but it's a major concern.  The players and/or coaches are not the same in close games.  They don't execute on the small details as well.  

Really? I doubt it. 

Most of those would have been their defenses getting shredded and/or QB getting killed

Edited by Big Turk

2 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

No sarcasm from me on this….After losses this is the first place I go. All the hot takes, analysis, excuses and perspective. 

I actually end up laughing a lot which makes me feel better. 

And before anyone else can do it…..

LAMP

LAMC

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Not the Chargers!

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I have no idea how we kept that game close honestly…and to lose that many guys and still be able to lose a close game disappointingly is pretty impressive in its own right. 

The defense played surprisingly well and forced 5 punts, including back to back 3 and outs to start the 2nd half 

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

In this situation, I totally agree with you.  But there is a percentage of this forum (85% ? LOL) that doesn't question anything ever and nothing is ever viewed as a problem or flaw of the franchise. 

You'd think we'd never lose a game, ever!

It's not just a phenonium on this board.

If you need proof of what I just said watch what the "pundits" say about the Miami Dolphins and Tua this week.

It's a long, long season.

• Like (+1) 1

It would hurt a lot less and we could take the loss and complaints with a grain of salt if the Bills were not 0-6 in one score games before this game. Also, this team has some serious short yardage issues that they need to figure out. They were bad last week in a blow out victory in those situations and maybe even worse this week. 

4 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Bills left 20 points on the field today. Dropped TD by davis , a short missed Fg, a muffed exchange at the end of the half for a FG and I forget the other TD issue. 

Who cares? Do you doubt that the bills at full strength would have demolished the fish? See you in the SB 

Dropped pick six too…I wouldn’t call that Davis td a drop but it’s certainly a ball he could’ve come down with….the defender made a nice play 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

If you want a really good laugh  visit the Dolphins board. They done whipped the big bad Bills 42-0

not sure which board you were looking at but I checked in at “fin heaven” and the general consensus was they just won a game they had no business winning.  Several fans pointed out the 40 min TOP, missed fg, dropped pick six by Milano. It definitely wasn’t lost on them that every single break in that game went their way.  Reminded me a lot of the Jags loss last year actually..

Anyway in just 4 days they play the Bengals. Hopefully they’ll run out of miracles on TNF. 

1 minute ago, BobBelcher said:

not sure which board you were looking at but I checked in at “fin heaven” and the general consensus was they just won a game they had no business winning.  Several fans pointed out the 40 min TOP, missed fg, dropped pick six by Milano. It definitely wasn’t lost on them that every single break in that game went their way.  Reminded me a lot of the Jags loss last year actually..

Anyway in just 4 days they play the Bengals. Hopefully they’ll run out of miracles on TNF. 

Felt like a tough luck game to me…seems like the gameplan was long sustained drives to keep our defense off the field and we were planning on rotating some players in but the offensive line injuries really killed us.  I don’t expect to lose the rematch but we’ve gotta go out and beat baltimore now.

feels a lot like the NE wind game last year where we lost and everyone proclaimed them the new team to beat but then their luck ran out of either playing bad teams or good teams with tons of injuries 

22 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Felt like a tough luck game to me…seems like the gameplan was long sustained drives to keep our defense off the field and we were planning on rotating some players in but the offensive line injuries really killed us.  I don’t expect to lose the rematch but we’ve gotta go out and beat baltimore now.

feels a lot like the NE wind game last year where we lost and everyone proclaimed them the new team to beat but then their luck ran out of either playing bad teams or good teams with tons of injuries 

definitely paints a target on their back, like NE last year.  And like NE, we will probably WANT to see them in playoffs too.  Just hope we can stay healthy.  

We should be able to stack W’s after the bye…. But I’m a tad bit concerned about how we will be looking going into the bye, both record-wise and injury-wise. 

Ravens, Steelers, chiefs… those are gonna be 3 more very physical games. Smh.  I know this might sound good to anyone right now, because we all want to be 5-1 going into that bye, but I’d be plenty satisfied with 4-2 / 2-1 over the next 3……. Just with knowing what our schedule looks like coming out of the Bye

unfortunately, Miami’s schedule is a lot more vanilla tho (imo) so we need the Bengals to take care of biz (I think at home?)

Edited by BobBelcher

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

This is not only true but it's slowly becoming a dangerous trend. 7 straight one possession loses is hardly an anomaly. It can be because of weather, coaching, injuries or just plain poor execution by the players. This team absolutely will need a couple close "character building wins" this season. We can't just be expected to knock people out every week like Tyson (as Cowherd says).

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This is not only true but it's slowly becoming a dangerous trend. 7 straight one possession loses is hardly an anomaly. It can be because of weather, coaching, injuries or just plain poor execution by the players. This team absolutely will need a couple close "character building wins" this season. We can't just be expected to knock people out every week like Tyson (as Cowherd says).

the strange thing about it is - just the season before - we were WINNING those same close games.

if I remember correctly (and maybe I’m not), it was our defense that let down in a lot of the close games last season, and Allen couldn’t do anything from the sidelines.

but today, that was obviously not the case. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.