Dorsey unhinged

SoMAn

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Because leadership is about control. Once you exhibit a loss of control it damages your credibility as a leader. He will have to stand in that room at some point and talk to his players about the importance of keeping their discipline under fire - for example not committing desperate holds when you get beat on the final drive of a game - it is hard to do that if you are the first to fly off the handle and lose it like Dorsey did in Miami. 

Normally I would agree completely and unequivocally with what you just said.  And ultimately I think you’re right.  Here’s the caveat in this situation - Dorsey’s tantrum was after the game, and the circumstances were unique in that we had overcome just about everything circumstances could throw at us (volcanic temperatures, injuries before the game, injuries during the game) in an extremely emotional division matchup with what sounded like a loud crowd.  I get the outburst in that scenario.  I really do.  He just can’t do it again, and he can’t act like a psycho for the reasons you outlined.  Can’t ask his players to be composed if he can’t manage it himself.  

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

leave Dorsey alone please 

you have no idea if he has a disability or not. 

even the most normal of people can exhibit intense emotional outbursts 

Tom Brady and Belicheat are famous for outbursts. 

haha, I don’t know if I’d consider either of those guys “normal”.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Because leadership is about control. Once you exhibit a loss of control it damages your credibility as a leader. He will have to stand in that room at some point and talk to his players about the importance of keeping their discipline under fire - for example not committing desperate holds when you get beat on the final drive of a game - it is hard to do that if you are the first to fly off the handle and lose it like Dorsey did in Miami. 

Wasn't the game over?

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Because leadership is about control.

We could not disagree more.

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Once you exhibit a loss of control it damages your credibility as a leader. 

"I LOVED seeing that from Ken Dorsey because it shows you that he cares just as much as the players do" - Von Miller

"As players, we freaking love seeing that" - Josh Allen

Doesn't sound like he lost any credibility. May have actually gained some.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

30 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Wasn't the game over?

Yes, but his job isn't. If he keeps responding like that though, it will be. He will lose credibility, lose control and once you do that in a leadership position you are dead in the water.

10 minutes ago, Einstein said:

We could not disagree more.

Clearly. But I am a professional leader and have been a sporting leader. I promise you once you lose control you are done.

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes, but his job isn't. If he keeps responding like that though, it will be. He will lose credibility, lose control and once you do that in a leadership position you are dead in the water.

Clearly. But I am a professional leader and have been a sporting leader. I promise you once you lose control you are done.

When Einstein disagrees with you, take the W.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

59 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I honestly mean no offense, but I think i’ll have to take Josh Allen and Von Millers side on this. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I honestly mean no offense, but I think i’ll have to take Josh Allen and Von Millers side on this. 

The captains appear to love it. I doubt he'll lose it like that again. I'm fine with it but am surprised we're even still talking about it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, galept said:

The captains appear to love it. I doubt he'll lose it like that again. I'm fine with it but am surprised we're even still talking about it.

I'm surprised anyone wanted to dwell on this in the first place! 

I thought it was entertaining and you know he gives a crap.  Beyond that, there isn't much to say or reflect on.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.