Dorsey unhinged

SoMAn

1 hour ago, UKBillFan said:

I hope Josh does the same towards him over the horrific play calling in the second offensive drive of the game. Basically gifted Miami a touchdown.

Yeah, that second drive, what was that?  Two Moss runs into the line, after Josh had carved up the Dolphins with his passing on the first drive.  

For the most part, the Bills were obviously trying to keep the ball out of Miami's hands, by carrying out long long long drives.  Dorsey had the plays worked out to make that strategy function.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Yeah, that second drive, what was that?  Two Moss runs into the line, after Josh had carved up the Dolphins with his passing on the first drive.  

For the most part, the Bills were obviously trying to keep the ball out of Miami's hands, by carrying out long long long drives.  Dorsey had the plays worked out to make that strategy function.  

Very astute observation, they were successful at controlling the clock and limiting the Dolphins possessions.  It had be maddening that they only scored 17 points.

5 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I don't want a guy that doesn't mind losing. Should we hate on Allen for slamming his helmet on the sideline after a bad/missed play? No we celebrate it.

OMG- can you people not discern the difference between an instant emotional reaction (like throwing a single object, smashing a helmet down, etc) and having a hissy fit?  

Edited by SoMAn

13 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

Judging by a lot of the responses, I think  the point was missed or not stated clearly enough. 
Sure, we were all frustrated. But I’m surprised that so many of you consider that behavior perfectly normal. 
I can understand if he threw something, punched a wall, pounded his fist on the desk, threw down headset.  Any ONE of those actions would be a fairly normal reaction.  But it was the prolonged smashing and throwing that was disturbing.  It was something more typical for a pre-schooler who’s a candidate for Ritalin. 
What would be your perception of a co-worker or boss if they displayed a tantrum of that nature? Would you applaud him or her for being ‘passionate’ about their job? 

Not sure about you but in my normal day job I'm not radioing into my staff on how to smash through our competitor as they try to tackle them and hit each other. Meanwhile people don't buy tickets to watch me work as they cheer and heckle. 

Comparing pro sports regular day jobs is just such a poor comparison. It's lame. It's not remotely reasonable. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SoMAn said:

I know he’s competitive, but have opportunities for head coaching gigs bypassed him because of concerns over his mental health?

I mean, that tantrum was something I’d expect from a 3-year-old who can’t get their way-not an adult in a high profile profession.  
That was truly bizarre. 
Almost as curious was the complete lack of surprise or acknowledgement from the 2 guys next him. They didn’t even glance his direction during the tirade- as if it wasn’t the first time they’d witnessed it. 

Talk to Tom Brady 😎

15 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

Judging by a lot of the responses, I think  the point was missed or not stated clearly enough. 
Sure, we were all frustrated. But I’m surprised that so many of you consider that behavior perfectly normal. 
I can understand if he threw something, punched a wall, pounded his fist on the desk, threw down headset.  Any ONE of those actions would be a fairly normal reaction.  But it was the prolonged smashing and throwing that was disturbing.  It was something more typical for a pre-schooler who’s a candidate for Ritalin. 
What would be your perception of a co-worker or boss if they displayed a tantrum of that nature? Would you applaud him or her for being ‘passionate’ about their job? 

Your point about him maybe not getting a head coaching job before this because of mental health concerns is one of the most ill conceived notions I've ever read on this board.

You aren't qualified to be making the point you are trying to make because you are either ignorant of his bio or have no common sense.    The man has never even been a coordinator.   THAT is why he hasn't been given HC opportunities.

The man was FURIOUS after one of the most mistake plagued offensive performances you will ever seen in a game that comes down to the closing seconds.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Your point about him maybe not getting a head coaching job before this because of mental health concerns is one of the most ill conceived notions I've ever read on this board.

You aren't qualified to be making the point you are trying to make because you are either ignorant of his bio or have no common sense.    The man has never even been a coordinator.   THAT is why he hasn't been given HC opportunities.

The man was FURIOUS after one of the most mistake plagued offensive performances you will ever seen in a game that comes down to the closing seconds.

I asked the question. I didn’t draw conclusions. I offered my perception.
Again genius, you missed the point. 
I don’t care that it’s a football game. A professional acting that way is disturbing. 

Edited by SoMAn
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 3

I'm sure many of you already know this by now but i used to work for the Yankees.... And there was a period of time i purposely acted really high strung, stressed, and angry and people took me more serious and actually elevated my role. 

I see no problem with this behavior and it's ingenious because in my experience he'll get taken more seriously too.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, SoMAn said:

I asked the question.

Yeah and you neglected the most important part of his coaching bio...........the fact that he had never even been a coordinator until NOW.    It's rare for a HC to bypass the coordinator position.    If he had it would have been extraordinary.   No common sense.    Then you doubled down like people misunderstood you.    You took a crazy leap in logic suggesting that might be why he hasn't been offered a HC job.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

I don’t care that it’s a football game. A professional acting that way is disturbing. 

Yeah, don't watch highlights of George Halas or better yet Vince Lombardi then... you know, the man who has his name attached to the championship trophy for the NFL???

This is a terrible take.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.