Dorsey unhinged

SoMAn

I know he’s competitive, but have opportunities for head coaching gigs bypassed him because of concerns over his mental health?

I mean, that tantrum was something I’d expect from a 3-year-old who can’t get their way-not an adult in a high profile profession.  
That was truly bizarre. 
Almost as curious was the complete lack of surprise or acknowledgement from the 2 guys next him. They didn’t even glance his direction during the tirade- as if it wasn’t the first time they’d witnessed it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 16
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 11
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 21

It was a poor look. Throw your headphones down, fine. But the hissy fit was unprofessional. Gotta be better than that. 

Not the end of the world or anything but you have to control your emotions as a coach. And I say that as a coach who has also failed to do it on occasion too. I get it. But he has to do better.

• Like (+1) 15
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 8
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

It was a poor look. Throw your headphones down, fine. But the hissy fit was unprofessional. Gotta be better than that. 

Not the end of the world or anything but you have to control your emotions as a coach. And I say that as a coach who has also failed to do it on occasion too. I get it. But he has to do better.

He took the headset off, nobody could really hear him, if you're stuck in the booth might as well enjoy one of the few benefits of it.

• Like (+1) 1

I LOVED IT!  It made him look human and not beyond some good old fashioned emotion.  

The OP's barometer is a bit off on this stuff.  These guys are ex-jocks and athletic coaches.

His behavior was probably perfectly normal. You just don't see it all the time.  

Using the word "unhinged" is ridiculous and describing his tirade as "truly bizarre" is also misguided.

At least that's my 2 cents.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.