Tough loss

PatsFanNH

1 minute ago, bobshaw81 said:

We beat ourselves the entire game. Josh fumble gifted them 7. Josh fumbled snap , which was supposed to be spike to clock, and the pass to Diggs at end of first half cost us a FG attempt. Gabe drops a TD(McD shoulda tried to challenge). Milano drops a pick 6. Defense gives up a 3 and 22.T Bass misses an easy FG. 

Chances are all of those things do not all happen again. Dolphins got lucky. Can't wait till they come to our turf! 

We would’ve lost that challenge and burned a very important timeout imo 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Josh picks teams apart with his arm now as well as Brady and Josh can run. Sure, Belichick would rather have Mac. 

Belichick has no answers on how to stop Allen. Pretty sure he has answers on how to stop Jones.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Belichick has no answers on how to stop Allen. Pretty sure he has answers on how to stop Jones.

I was talking about if they were in the same draft. Allen was a RAW talent while Jones was a more finished product coming from his Pal In Alabama.. it’s an opinion.. I could be wrong just what I think he would do. 

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I was talking about if they were in the same draft. Allen was a RAW talent while Jones was a more finished product coming from his Pal In Alabama.. it’s an opinion.. I could be wrong just what I think he would do. 

I mean maybe...but I think that shows maybe him retiring is a good thing for the Pats...

He is a large part of why the team is so devoid of playmakers on both sides of the ball

Just now, Big Turk said:

I mean maybe...but I think that shows maybe him retiring is a good thing for the Pats...

He is a large part of why the team is so devoid of playmakers on both sides of the ball

He doesn’t have the time or patience (IMO) to develop a QB like Allen now.. He definitely did when he drafted Brady and kept him as our 4th QB way back in 2000.  It’s probably time for him to retire, I mean he is in his 70’s.

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

When you say Mac was a more finished product do you mean he was finished in the NFL before he even got there? JK.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

When you say Mac was a more finished product do you mean he was finished in the NFL before he even got there? JK.

Lmao if I am honest Mac Jones is an average to MAYBE slightly above average QB.. what might make him slightly above is his Football IQ WHICH Patricia and Judge are not using this year.. I am all about helping friends, but we all agree friends don’t let friends get our starting QB killed lol. 

and thread got derailed.. lol ok my point stands that one loss doesn’t ruin a season

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Basically the Bills left 24-27 points on the field, had 10 starters out at one point, lost Benford, one of the CBs so a PS call up rookie was forced to play much of the game, lost multiple OLine players and had them playing positions some of them never played, were down to our 3rd center and STILL probably should have won the game.

On the final few offensive drives, Bills players were playing one play then coming off due to cramping, then sitting out for a few and going back in for one play...it was something I have never seen before watching a game...to be that decimated with players out.

Miami held on for dear life and was outgained 497 to 213. Bills set a franchise record for outgaining the opposition in a loss.

Thats quite a stat Turk.  We just need to get healthier hydrated and ready for Baltimore.  Just a tough loss to swallow.  But we are a dam good team regardless.

1 minute ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Thats quite a stat Turk.  We just need to get healthier hydrated and ready for Baltimore.  Just a tough loss to swallow.  But we are a dam good team regardless.

Ravens you have to cover Andrews, he killed the Pats today. That said it sounded like Jackson was under  instant pressure so I can see you guys stopping their O and well Jones and the Pats put up 26 points on their D… so Allen should have a field day w Diggs on that secondary.. (Parker had 155 yards)

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ravens you have to cover Andrews, he killed the Pats today. That said it sounded like Jackson was under  instant pressure so I can see you guys stopping their O and well Jones and the Pats put up 26 points on their D… so Allen should have a field day w Diggs on that secondary.. (Parker had 155 yards)

Depends on the injury report… our entire secondary being out is one thing but losing like 5 players on the offensive line today was just rude lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Depends on the injury report… our entire secondary being out is one thing but losing like 5 players on the offensive line today was just rude lol 

I hear ya! The report is now they think Jones has ligament  and tendon injuries on his ankle, which XRays won’t show. If that’s the case.. “with the 5th pick in the draft the Pats pick” lol

59 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Basically the Bills left 24-27 points on the field, had 10 starters out at one point, lost Benford, one of the CBs so a PS call up rookie was forced to play much of the game, lost multiple OLine players and had them playing positions some of them never played, were down to our 3rd center and STILL probably should have won the game.

On the final few offensive drives, Bills players were playing one play then coming off due to cramping, then sitting out for a few and going back in for one play...it was something I have never seen before watching a game...to be that decimated with players out.

Miami held on for dear life and was outgained 497 to 213. Bills set a franchise record for outgaining the opposition in a loss.

It's the only NFL game I've ever seen where dominating in time of possession with 40:40 was a negative given the Sun, heat, and humidity and the toll it took on the offensive players not acclimated to those conditions. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

25 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

It's the only NFL game I've ever seen where dominating in time of possession with 40:40 was a negative given the Sun, heat, and humidity and the toll it took on the offensive players not acclimated to those conditions. 

True, but even good to great teams have that game where they dominate but just fail to finish off drives. That’s what happened to the Bills today.. they couldn’t finish. It’s just 1 game.. 

It actually wasn't super-tough. If we just dropped our 5th in a row to the Phins, and it was at home, or something like that - sure.

Miami needed that way more than Buffalo. Not taking them lightly, because they're good - but it's a long season. I wasn't planning on 20-0.

The Pats are hardly bad, btw.  They played the Ravens pretty tough today.  Uncharacteristic mistakes cost them the game.

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lmao Ok we just say “athletic” lol dude! It’s an opinion.. neither right or wrong since we will never know. Sheesh.. think I insulted your mom.. 

Its been pretty clear the last few meetings that BB respects the heck out of JA and his game. There is no chance in hell he would take Jones over Allen. Literally zero %. He may be an older coach but he hasn't lost his marbles!

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

True, but even good to great teams have that game where they dominate but just fail to finish off drives. That’s what happened to the Bills today.. they couldn’t finish. It’s just 1 game.. 

Agree, the Bills play better in zero degree weather 😎.  Just kidding, but appreciate the supportive words after a tough loss on our end today.

2 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

Its been pretty clear the last few meetings that BB respects the heck out of JA and his game. There is no chance in hell he would take Jones over Allen. Literally zero %. He may be an older coach but he hasn't lost his marbles!

Taking the Allen of today is a no brainer… just like taking TB12 of 2006 would be. People forget Allen wasn’t considered a sure thing, but rather a raw talent that needed time to develop. While Jones was considered good but not with a high ceiling. IMO at his age BB takes Jones.. doesn’t make it smart or right.. just what I think he would do… (he doesn’t have time to develop a QB)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.