My fellow Bills fans…just breathe

CDogg20

Today sucked. By my count I believe we were down 10 starters by games end, which is insane to think about, and we still lost by only 2 points against a good football team and we still had a chance to win. Pats* got us in our first matchup last year too then what happened in games 2 and 3? This team needs motivation like this to thrive. They need to hear doubters to push them to greater heights. It’s just how they operate.

For those who want to blame Josh, just stop. Please. Without Josh we’re out of that game by the 2nd quarter. He makes a few mistakes but his pros greatly outweigh his cons. He accounted for like over 85% of the offense at least. We rely heavy upon him which can be scary sometimes but Josh is just a thoroughbred horse. You’ve gotta let him do his thing. I think the heat was our biggest downfall today. 

We are absolutely fantastic at long drives to kill the clock. A 20 play drive in 100 degree heat is absolutely insane, but CLEARLY our 2 minute offense needs a little tune up. 

All this said, I am not worried. I still believe we are the best team in the NFL and we win this division easily. Everything just went the fishes way today. Any given Sunday. Weird game. Go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 9
  • Thank you (+1) 8

3 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

We continue to find new and amazing ways to lose close games. Despite all the injuries and heat, we choked when the game was on the line. 500 yards offense, held the ball for more than 40 minutes and still found not one, but multiple ways the give the game away. 

It’s one game, step back from the ledge my friend. Frustrating yes but not the end all be all. We still have Josh freakin Allen. Not every game is going to be as frustrating as that. What matters is January and February ball. Iron out the kinks by then

Just now, CDogg20 said:

It’s one game, step back from the ledge my friend. Frustrating yes but not the end all be all. We still have Josh freakin Allen. Not every game is going to be as frustrating as that. What matters is January and February ball. Iron out the kinks by then

Let them win a close game and then let's talk.

2 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Still gotta hit the 5 yard out

Absolutely agree, his footwork did look a little weird on that play. Maybe throwing right and not trusting that side of the line got into his head? 

2 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Let them win a close game and then let's talk.

R E L A X

Miami is a good team, tough as nails, and it was a bad day in terms of injuries and weather.

These things are cyclical and will work on our favor some other time.  In any case it was a pretty great football game, and kind of exciting that we have a real division rival, and very much looking forward to seeing them play on 12/18 in Orchard Park.  Hopefully we can field a complete team by then

• Agree 1

I took a nap after the game. I'm feeling better about things. This is like the Pats wind game last year. We should have won but we lost due to a lot of factors out of our control and 99 times out of 100 we win that game. This was just a wake up call. We are going to blow them out in December. It's a long season and we are in the toughest part right now. It's going to get interesting the next few weeks. Go BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

So are we going to pretend that Josh didn't have a throwing hand issue on that play?  I mean he had to have it worked on after that and needed X-Rays after smashing it the play before.  

He said he is okay.  Are you going to pretend he didn't throw the ball just fine about 6 more times after that?

Just now, CoudyBills said:

He said he is okay.  Are you going to pretend he didn't throw the ball just fine about 6 more times after that?

Further, if he couldn't throw then why not audible to something else?

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I'm already on to Baltimore 

Fans that expected a weekly coronation no struggles along the way are who is stressed.

Stop looking at the standings and low info Dolphin fan boards 

Being already onto Baltimore is your prerogative, but to me, that's a weird way to be a fan.

I enjoy the games themselves the most, but I also enjoy discussing and deconstructing the games once they've happened.  

Usually around Monday or Tuesday, I'm ready to move onto the upcoming game, but why skip the game discussion today?  It skips a chunk of the fun, even if we lost a tough one! 

Down 10 starters and having key offensive players play one play and go out from cramping the last couple drives and try and come back in after a few plays out...it was insane.

Allen turfing an easy TD to McKenzie was pretty much the feather in the cap 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Further, if he couldn't throw then why not audible to something else?

You ever been hit somewhere?  You ever smash something?  Hurts doesn't it...then guess what...if nothing's broken or torn eventually stops hurting now doesn't it?  

So yeah, keep ignoring that him smashing his hand shortly before this play had nothing to do with his grip and throw of that pass.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I'm already on to Baltimore 

Fans that expected a weekly coronation no struggles along the way are who is stressed.

Stop looking at the standings and low info Dolphin fan boards 

On to Baltimore, yes; but I’m concerned about who will be able to play ???

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.