Poor coaching by McDermott is becoming a theme

Einstein

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again  McD has grown on me (yes I'll keep repeating this line), however like every coach he has his warts.  Great to win a close game after 7 losses where many could be blamed on coaching (in the last two minutes) in that time period.  

But this board have too many people with this mad crush on McD that I don't really get.  

What don't you get?  With McD we have:  

• A highly credible voice at the helm
  • Continuous improvement
  • A winning record
  • A great culture
  • Players that are talented, good people, and want to be in Buffalo
  • A legit shot at a SB
Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

What don't you get?  With McD we have:  

• A highly credible voice at the helm
  • Continuous improvement
  • A winning record
  • A great culture
  • Players that are talented, good people, and want to be in Buffalo? 
  • A legit shot at a SB?  

Theres a subset of Bills fans that will never be happy. They’d be calling into GR during the super bowl parade calling for the coaches head because he “wasted” a timeout or something. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Better question:

Why engage with someone who can't be happy after a win?

Am I unhappy about the win????  Sure Josh Didn't throw for 300, they didn't win by 10+ and they didn't score a TD the last possession and cover the 3.5 spread.😝

Yes I'm very unhappy, thanks for reminding me.😉

Ive mentioned this before but when it comes to McD

I love him coaching the team, hes a great team leader

As for actual game situation and decision making idk if think of him that high.

Hes still young in his  head coaching career and I do believe you can gain that with years of experience.

So right now...im meh about him during games but I think he can get better.

• Like (+1) 1

But this board have too many people with this mad crush on McD that I don't really get.  

Maybe because he's the first coach we've had since Levy that we are winning with any consistency?

And, his clapping doesn't bother me.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Just now, Dopey said:

You're going to have the anti-McD crowd saying Harbaugh blew it instead. Yo know how it goes around here.

Yeah and they would be completely inaccurate. 

Harbaugh was 100% correct going for it. And you know what it was 7 if Lamar wasn’t SO LATE LATE LATE with the ball. 

Duverney was WIDE OPEN from jump they never covered him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Harbaugh was 100% correct going for it. And you know what it was 7 if Lamar wasn’t SO LATE LATE LATE with the ball. 

It was 6. I think he might have gone for 2. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It was 6. I think he might have gone for 2. 

Yeah that would have been the call that would have been interesting. Not taking the 3 was a no brainer for smart analytical coaches. 

glad Lamar was late and I didn’t what to see the choice Harbaugh would have made there. 

• Agree 1

I think it’s more so that many people on this forum can’t accept any conversation that is critical of any facet of the Bills organization. The Bills can do no wrong in their eyes and we should not talk about anything negative. I even had a moderator call my posts “spewing” because I posting a thread about my concerns of the coaching staff. 

To further prove this point, I have started 26 threads (ever). About 70% of them are positive/pro-Bills. None of the “no negative talk” people remember those threads. They latch onto the 30% that talk about things that need to get better.

Its just human nature when it comes to fandom, I suppose.

2 hours ago, eball said:

Hey @Einstein how does it feel to know that McD just outcoached one of the best coaches in the game?

Feels good.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He was Late Late Late because he was running backwards to avoid a sack. Hard to keep your eyes downfield in those cases.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

He was Late Late Late because he was running backwards to avoid a sack. Hard to keep your eyes downfield in those cases.

Still late.  

The ONLY issue with that entire thing was the playcalling.  Roman is an idiot.  Hand the Ball off 4 times to your 6-3 310 FB, he would get that yard.  

33 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I completely disagree. His teams offense had done exactly squat in the 2nd half, nothing, zilch.  Zero points, zero anything.  What made him (or you then) think his team was going to magically get it together on that one play?  Take the 3 and force the Bills to score or lose.  As it was, if things looked bad during that last drive all the Bills had to do is let it go to overtime.  Big mindset difference than needing to score or lose the game.  But I will say it was nice to have the opposing coach make game losing mistakes. And yes, the receiver was open early, but like the rest of the 2nd half the Ravens F'd it up.

Edited by CodeMonkey
  • Disagree 1

Just now, CodeMonkey said:

I completely disagree. His teams offense had done exactly squat in the 2nd half, nothing, zilch.  Zero points, zero anything.  What made him (or you then) think his team was going to magically get it together on that one play?  Take the 3 and force the Bills to score or lose.  As it was, if things looked bad during that last drive all the Bills had to do is let it go to overtime.  Big mindset difference than needing to score or lose the game.  But I will say it was nice to have the opposing coach make game losing mistakes.

OK I will tell you why.

How many drives did the Ravens stop the Bills in the second half?  One..  

4:15 on the clock ad a FG puts Bills in 4 down mode as well.  You know same Bills that the entire second half Ravens D had no answer for.

They dont score Allen would have had 4 min to go 98 yards or 50 for FG.

Now fast forward because we have the ability of hindsight.  Bills got to the 1 yard line with 1:01 left in the game, and a RB that would have scored the TD but fell down on purpose.  A FG there and Harbaugh is giving up, he knew it everyone knows it except the old school people that dont want to accept Math can guide you.

• Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I think it’s more so that many people on this forum can’t accept any conversation that is critical of any facet of the Bills organization. The Bills can do no wrong in their eyes and we should not talk about anything negative. I even had a moderator call my posts “spewing” because I posting a thread about my concerns of the coaching staff. 

To further prove this point, I have started 26 threads (ever). About 70% of them are positive/pro-Bills. None of the “no negative talk” people remember those threads. They latch onto the 30% that talk about things that need to get better.

Its just human nature when it comes to fandom, I suppose.

Feels good.

Poor you.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.