Poor coaching by McDermott is becoming a theme

Einstein

4 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Yes

Then why send Andy dalton so much money?

Again, he went 9-7 with a team that a bad coach genuinely could have gotten a winless season out of.  It was that bad.  And then he got JA and they're writing history together.  The argument that having a great QB somehow reflects negatively on the legacy of the HC is so tired.

Don't argue in bad faith.  Do you disagree that this franchise has the best roster in football and the best team culture in football?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Again, he went 9-7 with a team that a bad coach genuinely could have gotten a winless season out of.  It was that bad.  And then he got JA and they're writing history together.  The argument that having a great QB somehow reflects negatively on the legacy of the HC is so tired.

Don't argue in bad faith.  Do you disagree that this franchise has the best roster in football and the best team culture in football?

winless? You really think the 2017 would have gone winless without McDermott?

who is “arguing in bad faith” here?

4 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

It’s tired unless the coach has a stain as bad as 13 seconds 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

The only contribution Andy Dalton made to the Bills going 9-7 with Tyrod Taylor at Quarterback and Zay Jones and Deonte Thompson at wideout was being one of the 7 defeats. 

He beat us that year is what you’re saying? 

Anyway, I wouldn’t change a thing because it might alter the course of history. we are supremely lucky to have Josh Allen. You, me and McDermott are along for the ride. Hope one of us doesn’t ***** it up again. 

4 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

He beat us that year is what you’re saying? 

Anyway, I wouldn’t change a thing because it might alter the course of history. we are supremely lucky to have Josh Allen. You, me and McDermott are along for the ride. Hope one of us doesn’t ***** it up again. 

You were out on McDermott after the opening day defeat the last time the Bills played in Baltimore. You had a whiny thread about it where you told everyone that anyone showing any optimism was wrong and that this regime of coach and GM was just like all the others through the drought years. 

Since that day the Bills are 46-28 regular and post season. 

I think your credibility on this point is rather thin. 

• Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You were out on McDermott after the opening day defeat the last time the Bills played in Baltimore. You had a whiny thread about it where you told everyone that anyone showing any optimism was wrong and that this regime of coach and GM was just like all the others through the drought years. 

Since that day the Bills are 46-28 regular and post season. 

I think your credibility on this point is rather thin. 

david Culley was the QB coach. Nathan peterman was the starter. McDermott has no idea what he’s doing on offense. He’s lucky to have Josh Allen and that’s fine. Especially if he wanted him. 

edit: Bills have played Baltimore many times since

Edited by Rock-A-Bye Beasley

1 minute ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

david Culley was the QB coach. Nathan peterman was the starter. McDermott has no idea what he’s doing on offense. He’s lucky to have Josh Allen and that’s fine. Especially if he wanted him. 

"IN" Baltimore. No they haven't. 

I was the biggest Peterman sucks guy going. I told people before that draft I didn't even think he was draftable. I was Peterman sucks before being Peterman sucks was cool. Of course McDermott is lucky to have Josh Allen. You don't win consistently in this league without top Quarterback play, no matter how good of a coach you are. The good ones keep teams around .500 without a good Quarterback. McDermott did that. Of course with a talent like Josh you have to win divisions (tick), make and ultimately win, Superbowls. Nobody is denying there is still a bridge to cross. Nor that McDermott at the coaches screwed up at the end in Kansas City. But you criticise him for things that are not legitimate criticisms because you have an agenda. You told us your agenda in September 2018. You were wrong with your prediction then and you are wrong with it now. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Heard about it. Send your money to Dalton’s charity. I want a Super Bowl 

Josh hasn’t gotten you one. See Dilfer or Rob Johnson. They have more SB rings than Josh. Why? Defense. Mahomes needed defensive upgrades to win his. 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Absolutely right.  Without Allen who knows where this team would be.  # never forget 48 games no 300 yard passing game (every team in this era does it a minimum 1X/yr).

Now I have too said McD has grown on me, however he is not perfect and his mistakes (or teams, sometime hard to differentiate) too have been colossal.

Yesterday Harbaugh made the right call on 4th down and Jackson didn't see a wide open receiver (busted Bills coverage?).

Buffalo showed that to be the case as they walked down the field quite easily (as they did most of the second half).  

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Josh hasn’t gotten you one. See Dilfer or Rob Johnson. They have more SB rings than Josh. Why? Defense. Mahomes needed defensive upgrades to win his. 

He held us back every playoff loss so far. It’s not only 13 seconds 

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

"IN" Baltimore. No they haven't. 

I was the biggest Peterman sucks guy going. I told people before that draft I didn't even think he was draftable. I was Peterman sucks before being Peterman sucks was cool. Of course McDermott is lucky to have Josh Allen. You don't win consistently in this league without top Quarterback play, no matter how good of a coach you are. The good ones keep teams around .500 without a good Quarterback. McDermott did that. Of course with a talent like Josh you have to win divisions (tick), make and ultimately win, Superbowls. Nobody is denying there is still a bridge to cross. Nor that McDermott at the coaches screwed up at the end in Kansas City. But you criticise him for things that are not legitimate criticisms because you have an agenda. You told us your agenda in September 2018. You were wrong with your prediction then and you are wrong with it now. 

I was right then, in that I think you should use proper punctuation. But also, that McD doesn’t know anything about offense. He uses Tolbert, gore, and now moss as short yardage or “change of pace” 

Edited by Rock-A-Bye Beasley
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

He held us back every playoff loss so far. It’s not only 13 seconds 

I was right then, in that I think you should use proper punctuation. But also, that McD doesn’t know anything about offense. He uses Tolbert, gore, and now moss as short yardage or “change of pace” 

There was nothing wrong with my punctuation. Maybe you should try, you know, reading? As for what you said then it included claiming there was not "a single reason not to be negative about the coach and GM." 

I think this is one where you might be better off taking the "L". 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Absolutely right.  Without Allen who knows where this team would be.  # never forget 48 games no 300 yard passing game (every team in this era does it a minimum 1X/yr).

Now I have too said McD has grown on me, however he is not perfect and his mistakes (or teams, sometime hard to differentiate) too have been colossal.

Yesterday Harbaugh made the right call on 4th down and Jackson didn't see a wide open receiver (busted Bills coverage?).

Buffalo showed that to be the case as they walked down the field quite easily (as they did most of the second half).  

I agree and he explained the reasoning. Unlike someone I know 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

There was nothing wrong with my punctuation. Maybe you should try, you know, reading? As for what you said then it included claiming there was not "a single reason not to be negative about the coach and GM." 

I think this is one where you might be better off taking the "L". 

Huh? I’m confused. Not being facetious 

1 minute ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

I agree and he explained the reasoning. Unlike someone I know 

I agree too that Harbaugh made the right call going for it. Just to prove, by the way, that I am not arguing with you just to be contrarian. I only argue with you where I think you are wrong. 

If the Bills needed a touchdown at the end it is hard to believe they wouldn't have got it. The Ravens stopped them once all 2nd half. You have to try and put 7 up there and he might even have gone for 2 had they scored the touchdown. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.