Poor coaching by McDermott is becoming a theme

Einstein

How was the coaching today?

Cleveland could have used some of this "poor coaching" against the Jets when Chubb scored instead going down so they would be able to run the clock out.

Jets scored 14 points in last 90 seconds to win...

Singletary went down instead of trying to score...Allen dove for the first down making sure not to score and then the Bills did the same thing they did the last game they came back from 17 points down to win, the famous Fitzy Pat game to break the streak, kneel it down to run all the time of the clock and kick an easy FG for the walk off win.

That was exceptional coaching and execution by the players.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/27/2022 at 6:42 PM, Einstein said:

I don’t agree that it was a backhanded slap at Edmunds.

But even if it were, why does it matter? Why does someone having a difference of opinion from your own a problem?

It seems that you are lumping all posters that you find “negative” together. That’s not fair.

As for me, here are the topics of every thread I have ever started

- Weather forecast thread for Patriots game

- Tweet from Josh Allen 

- Schedule makers gave us an advantage 

- AFC East Power Rankings 

- Josh Allen hitting a home run

- Funny Josh Allen video 

- Internet rumor about Bills being concerned about Elam

- Poll about who will win 1st game of season

- Allen was amazing despite what coverage Rams showed him

- Coin tosses contributed to KC loss

- Cool Bills/Beatles photo

- Study on ACL injuries and whether players are the same after (Tre White)

- Could Aaron Donald miss Week 1 due to helmet swinging?

- What Daboll did in the final seconds of Giants game 

- Titans player says PFF raises grades if players pay them

- Video of Dolphins fans saying they want to face the Bills

- The short yardage conundrum

- Are the Bills too conservative about injuries?

- Cole Beasleys Buffalo home is for sale

- Poor coaching by McDermott is becoming a theme

- Thread talking about how I was sad we lost to the Chiefs and the season being over 

- Does part of you miss losing (poorly worded… do you miss the excitement of close games, checking the playoff calculator, draft stuff, etc)

- Game theory and situational game awareness and how it is our achilles heal

- McDermotts defensive timeouts are not working 

How many of those are actually “negative”? 20%? 30% at most? I think you pay attention to the negative threads more-so than the positive or neutral threads and assign far too much weight to them.

I think if you look at the list above you can see that i’m a fairly balanced poster. I have threads where critique the team. Threads where I celebrate the team. Threads where I mourn the team. 

What you see as negativity is just another posters opinion. I’m not insulting anyone or being rude or doing anything other than talking about football. But because sometimes my thoughts on the game are different than yours, for some reason that makes you and others very upset. Im not sure i’ll ever understand that.

You too.

And I do care. Or else I wouldn’t have responded.

oh the troll thinks he is just negative.  Go enjoy your losses.

🤦‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Cleveland could have used some of this "poor coaching" against the Jets when Chubb scored instead going down so they would be able to run the clock out.

Singletary went down instead of trying to score...Allen dove for the first down making sure not to score and then the Bills did the same thing they did the last game they came back from 17 points down to win, the famous Fitzy Pat game to break the streak, kneel it down to run all the time of the clock and kick an easy FG for the walk off win.

A lot of coaching problems today but those problems will be overshadowed by the win.

That’s okay.

Im very proud of the second half adjustments by the coaches.

6 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

oh the troll thinks he is just negative.  Go enjoy your losses.

🤦‍♂️

You may want to re-read that post.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

A lot of coaching problems today but those problems will be overshadowed by the win.

That’s okay.

Baltimore had some as well...including not kicking a FG to take a lead late in the 4th quarter in a game you had 0 second half points. It's not like they were moving up and down the field against us and scoring at will.

Do you realize that all 4 teams have gone 3 and out on their opening 2nd half possession this year(I believe it might be their first 2 actually) and the Bills have allowed a total of 7 points in second halves of games? Only team to score on was Miami. The defensive half adjustments have been masterful all year long.

Not sure what team you are watching where they make only brilliant coaching decisions. Pretty much every game has a mix of both.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That’s okay.

Yeah it is a partial list of the dumb threads that when combined with the foolish posts explain the negative reaction to you.

But enjoy pretending otherwise.

Just now, Big Turk said:

Baltimore had some as well...including not kicking a FG to take a lead late in the 4th quarter in a game you had 0 second half points. It's not like they were moving up and down the field against us and scoring at will.

Not sure what team you are watching where they make only brilliant coaching decisions. Pretty much every game has a mix of both.

Agreed. I would not be happy if I was a Baltimore fan.

• Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That’s okay.

Einstein your posts are so bad do you think that a backhanded compliment to the coaches after all of the dung you have been spewing on this board somehow makes you positive

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Wasn't that easy to do either when the 1st down maker was inside the one.  Didn't leave much room for error

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Wasn't that easy to do either when the 1st down maker was inside the one.  Didn't leave much room for error

Yeah it was both great coaching to be aware of the situation and great execution by the players 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Poorly thought out threads are another active theme…, 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

In 3 out of 4 games the Bills defense has allowed ZERO points in the 2nd half. And we're doing it against really good NFL offenses. McDermott has his issues with some decision making in critical moments, but he is arguably the best coach in the league at making halftime adjustments. For anyone questioning that last statement, I'll say it again - ZERO 2nd half points by our opponent in 3 out of 4 games this year.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m still concerned with the offense. They’re so so unproductive on early downs that it’s putting them in a spot where the best QB in the league has to bail them out. They’re currently converting at more than 2X the league average in 3rd and 7+. That’s not sustainable at all. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

They’re currently converting at more than 2X the league average in 3rd and 7+. That’s not sustainable at all. 

We've been outstanding on 3rd down conversions since 2020. It is absolutely sustainable because we have a freak show QB. That being said your point about early downs is correct. Singletary is just okay, Moss is terrible, Cook has made too many mistakes to trust him. So I don't know if a solution is coming this season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Time management at end of half and end of game wasn’t great, which continues to be a theme. 

End of half there was a play that was in bounds with around 50 seconds with all 3 timeouts and we don’t take a timeout we lose about 15-20 seconds. We end up 1st and goal with only 13 seconds left and I believe still 2 timeouts. This probably leaves us only 2 plays at the endzone, maybe a 3rd if go for it and drain the clock.

End of game we are around the 50 with around 3- 3 1/2 minutes left and aren’t running the play clock down. Snapping the ball with 10-15 seconds left. it’s like we didn’t realize a field goal of wins the game until the last 3 plays. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

32 minutes ago, Igotbills said:

Time management at end of half and end of game wasn’t great, which continues to be a theme. 

End of half there was a play that was in bounds with around 50 seconds with all 3 timeouts and we don’t take a timeout we lose about 15-20 seconds. We end up 1st and goal with only 13 seconds left and I believe still 2 timeouts. This probably leaves us only 2 plays at the endzone, maybe a 3rd if go for it and drain the clock.

End of game we are around the 50 with around 3- 3 1/2 minutes left and aren’t running the play clock down. Snapping the ball with 10-15 seconds left. it’s like we didn’t realize a field goal of wins the game until the last 3 plays. 

Lol

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

We've been outstanding on 3rd down conversions since 2020. It is absolutely sustainable because we have a freak show QB. That being said your point about early downs is correct. Singletary is just okay, Moss is terrible, Cook has made too many mistakes to trust him. So I don't know if a solution is coming this season.

Agree with all that and will add our offensive line is still a problem. Right side was bad again today. Bates spent a lot of time spinning like a top then falling on his ass and Brown's pass pro is ugly. At least having Mitch back we mostly snapped it properly and I do think Saffold looked slightly better than his horror show last week. 

When your OL is inconsistent it is hard for the offense to be inconsistent.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.