Poor coaching by McDermott is becoming a theme

Einstein

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Would you rather have him spewing this stuff in 10 other threads or keep him confined to this one?

Well, I’d like to keep him confined. 

That’s probably all I should say. I’ll have an alibi all lined up though.   😋

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I didn’t realize you viewed my posting as spewing.

If the staff doesn’t want me on this forum I will go quietly into the night. 

It took you all of 6 replies in the Milano thread to have a backhanded slap at Edmunds. Then you claimed to not realize that’s how it reads. Right. It was obvious, and frankly felt inevitable. Your perceived “poor coaching by McD” becoming a “theme” is another blatant twist for the negative. We are a legit Super Bowl contender. Guess what, sometimes things go wrong. You and a few others take every opportunity to put a negative twist on nearly everything. And an obsession with starting threads to share your views and/or gain attention. 

I am NOT against diverse opinions. It would be terribly boring without different points of view. I will respectfully say that several negative threads daily gets tiresome. I know, I can avoid them, but I enjoy some of the other takes from more balanced and informed posters. 

This is NOT my board and I’m well aware of that. But I hope it’s OK to be honest and talk about the elephant in the room. This stuff gets tiresome. Your threads have a “theme”. I think spewing is an apt description, and I know I’m not alone. 

Have a nice night. 

I’ll take my lumps on that if I have to. I know I speak for many others, not that you care. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

It took you all of 6 replies in the Milano thread to have a backhanded slap at Edmunds. Then you claimed to not realize that’s how it reads.

I don’t agree that it was a backhanded slap at Edmunds.

But even if it were, why does it matter? Why does someone having a difference of opinion from your own a problem?

I am NOT against diverse opinions. It would be terribly boring without different points of view. I will respectfully say that several negative threads daily gets tiresome. Your threads have a “theme”. I think spewing is an apt description, and I know I’m not alone. 

It seems that you are lumping all posters that you find “negative” together. That’s not fair.

As for me, here are the topics of every thread I have ever started

- Weather forecast thread for Patriots game

- Tweet from Josh Allen 

- Schedule makers gave us an advantage 

- AFC East Power Rankings 

- Josh Allen hitting a home run

- Funny Josh Allen video 

- Internet rumor about Bills being concerned about Elam

- Poll about who will win 1st game of season

- Allen was amazing despite what coverage Rams showed him

- Coin tosses contributed to KC loss

- Cool Bills/Beatles photo

- Study on ACL injuries and whether players are the same after (Tre White)

- Could Aaron Donald miss Week 1 due to helmet swinging?

- What Daboll did in the final seconds of Giants game 

- Titans player says PFF raises grades if players pay them

- Video of Dolphins fans saying they want to face the Bills

- The short yardage conundrum

- Are the Bills too conservative about injuries?

- Cole Beasleys Buffalo home is for sale

- Poor coaching by McDermott is becoming a theme

- Thread talking about how I was sad we lost to the Chiefs and the season being over 

- Does part of you miss losing (poorly worded… do you miss the excitement of close games, checking the playoff calculator, draft stuff, etc)

- Game theory and situational game awareness and how it is our achilles heal

- McDermotts defensive timeouts are not working 

How many of those are actually “negative”? 20%? 30% at most? I think you pay attention to the negative threads more-so than the positive or neutral threads and assign far too much weight to them.

I think if you look at the list above you can see that i’m a fairly balanced poster. I have threads where critique the team. Threads where I celebrate the team. Threads where I mourn the team. 

What you see as negativity is just another posters opinion. I’m not insulting anyone or being rude or doing anything other than talking about football. But because sometimes my thoughts on the game are different than yours, for some reason that makes you and others very upset. Im not sure i’ll ever understand that.

Have a nice night. 

I’ll take my lumps on that if I have to. I know I speak for many others, not that you care.

You too.

And I do care. Or else I wouldn’t have responded.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Einstein said:

Except I didn’t list or mention any of your examples.

I listed examples that ARE coaching.

It is intellectually dishonest to change the original post to suit your needs.

That wasn't my intent.  

I may have been quoting your post directly, but I really was generalizing all the hot takes blaming Sean McDermott/Leslie Frazier for Sunday's loss.

22 hours ago, Einstein said:

I see your point but I don’t necessarily have a problem with him not blitzing in that situation.

My problem was him playing shallow coverage with 10 out of 11 defensive players playing in front of the first down marker.

It made it easy for the Dolphins to have not 1, but 2 wide open receivers past the marker.

It was a close game.  I'm sure they were thinking about the Dolphins possibly getting into field goal range, with an underneath throw.  

Plus if they played too deep and let up a big chunk, it's not uncommon for teams to go for it on 4th down.

Seeing as how the Dolphins have Tyreek Hill, I'm sure they were also thinking about him burning them on an underneath crossing route in the playoffs.

There are reasons for them playing the coverage they did.  

2 hours ago, todd said:

I remember in the Marv years people were always down on him for one thing or another. Wanted him to be fired, etc. this is the same stupidity. Is he perfect? No. Is he a great NFL coach? Yes.

Great is still to be determined.  He has an incredible QB (as did Bill Belichek).  Until he wins an SB or doesn't have another 13 seconds occur I'd hold off on great.

And yes I think he is good to very good.

3 hours ago, todd said:

I remember in the Marv years people were always down on him for one thing or another. Wanted him to be fired, etc. this is the same stupidity. Is he perfect? No. Is he a great NFL coach? Yes.

To be fair, some of Marv’s own coaches want him fired lol.

To not get at least 1 Super Bowl victory with the talent on those rosters is a shame.

• Dislike 1

If the Bills disappoint this year then the pitchforks and knives will be out to fire him this offseason. For the record I don't see the Pegula's firing him but many in the fanbase will turn on him given the expectations.

Edited by Greg S
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If the Bills disappoint this year then the pitchforks and knives will be out to fire him this offseason. For the record I don't see the Pegula's firing him but many in the fanbase will turn on him given the expectations.

Depends on how things proceed. If the is continue to be bombarded by injuries I think the coaches have a bit of excuse. 

I support McDermott for the most part because he has built a culture, the players play hard for him, and he's still better than most coaches. The Bills could do a lot worse. I would definitely consider someone like Sean Payton and his offensive expertise. As for me, I was a huge McDermott supporter. However, that 13 disaster really changed my mind. No need to beat a dead horse there. Add in 0-7 in close games and Coach McD's has a serious ***** in his amour. At some point, Change might be needed if he can't lead the team over the hump. Time will tell...

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Depends on how things proceed. If the is continue to be bombarded by injuries I think the coaches have a bit of excuse. 

I support McDermott for the most part because he has built a culture, the players play hard for him, and he's still better than most coaches. The Bills could do a lot worse. I would definitely consider someone like Sean Payton and his offensive expertise. As for me, I was a huge McDermott supporter. However, that 13 disaster really changed my mind. No need to beat a dead horse there. Add in 0-7 in close games and Coach McD's has a serious ***** in his amour. At some point, Change might be needed if he can't lead the team over the hump. Time will tell...

Fair point about the injuries. If they can get relatively healthy and still disappoint then the fans (rightfully so) will question if he is the right coach to get the Bills over the hump. I don't think the Pegula's will fire him unless they go 6-11, 7-10 and miss the playoffs without injuries being a factor. The pressure is definitely on him to deliver a championship.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

Fair point about the injuries. If they can get relatively healthy and still disappoint then the fans (rightfully so) will question if he is the right coach to get the Bills over the hump. I don't think the Pegula's will fire him unless they go 6-11, 7-10 and miss the playoffs without injuries being a factor. The pressure is definitely on him to deliver a championship.

Agree the expectations are very high which can certainly lead to more pressure. I doubt Coach McD is concerned about any external noise or chatterings of displeasure or dismissal. I think he's "locked in" and focused on winning one game at a time. An experienced proven coach like himself can always find another coaching position. He blew it in 13 seconds for the Bills but other teams would welcome him with open arms. Let's hope, the Buffalo Bills can win it all. A lot of things have to go right and early injuries certainly cost the Bills the Miami game. A healthy Bills team would have trounced them. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.