Poor coaching by McDermott is becoming a theme

Einstein

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Because some fans speak to people who have reason to have more than the average person's insight into what the situation within the organisation is. McDermott is on rock solid ground. 

For someone on rock solid ground, he seems pretty tense. Remember when he cursed out that reporter at practice? He told the reporter that his livelihood was on the line (or something along those lines). That kind of stress makes me feel like he doesn’t feel that he is on such strong footing. Although that was a couple of years ago, so perhaps it was just a different time.

Edited by Einstein

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

For someone on rock solid ground, he seems pretty tense. Remember when he cursed out that reporter at practice? He told the reporter that his livelihood was on the line (or something along those lines). That kind of stress makes me feel like he doesn’t feel that he is on such strong footing. Although that was a couple of years ago, so perhaps it was just a different time.

That was pre-covid wasn't it? I think totally irrelevant to now. 

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

Factoring in the 13 seconds in the KC game and the 3rd and 22 in The Mia game, I would have to say they are still much better at calling defensive game plans than you are at evaluating them.

The fact that they're in these situations rarely is a testament to how well coached the team is.  Regularly blowing out teams, even bad ones, is not a normal thing in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Was the Dolphins defense impressive to you on Sunday?

In the 1st half no, besides the turnover. We should have had minimum 17-7 lead at the half if it wasn't for our mistakes (missed field goal opportunity, and turnover in our own end - credit their defense for the turnover.)

In the 2nd half, yes they were better than the first half on paper:

1) held us to a field goal

2) held us to a field goal attempt and subsequently tipped it for no points

3) stopped us 4 consecutive plays on the 2 yard line. a) singletary rush 1 yard b) Josh Allen run for -1 yard c) incomplete pass d) incomplete pass.

4) stopped our game winning drive

Blame our 2nd half offensive failure on the heat and exhaustion and depletion or whatever which is fine, I dont necessarily think their defense is top notch, but it doesn't mean our defense was bad, so i don't get the comparison.

Edited by What a Tuel

6 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

In the 1st half no, besides the turnover. We should have had minimum 17-7 lead at the half if it wasn't for our mistakes

Ok. But the Dolphins offense had the same ypp as the Bills offense. So if the Dolphins defense wasn’t impressive, then the Bills wasn’t other.

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Ok. But the Dolphins offense had the same ypp as the Bills offense. So if the Dolphins defense wasn’t impressive, then the Bills wasn’t other.

1st half only?

Dolphins had 89 yards resulting in points.

Bills had 150 yards resulting in points.

yards and even yards per play arent the end all be all statistic on which team did better.

51 minutes ago, teef said:

my hair is pretty fantastic, but i am younger than rob.  i'm sure my lawn is better. 

I doubt that.  

https://nypost.com/2021/04/08/rob-lowe-just-dropped-47m-on-3-montecito-calif-mansions/

41 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

1st half only?

Dolphins had 89 yards resulting in points.

Bills had 150 yards resulting in points.

yards and even yards per play arent the end all be all statistic on which team did better.

He's going to cherry pick any stat he can to be negative on the Bills.  

7 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I wanted to post Travis Kelces 2 point conversion. 

Catch or no catch ? Notice he even drops it at the end.  

Those that say the challenge absolutely wouldn't have succeeded are wrong. We just don't know for sure.

My apologies I could not figure out how to share the video directly 

https://www.chiefs.com/video/two-points-patrick-mahomes-finds-travis-kelce-on-two-point-conversion

To me it doesnt look like he ever had control of the ball.  The ball and his hands continually moved all over the place and he dropped the ball.

7 hours ago, cas22 said:

again gonna have to disagree here, our defense didn't shut anyone down, the offense kept there offense off the feild  40 minutes of possession is why Hill looked like *****.. it wasn't the defense that shut them down. 

Miami possesed the ball 8 times.  One of those was from our own 10 yardline.  Miami punted 4 times and got a safety on a 5th punt attempt.  Miami had two real drives out of 8.  How is that not shutting them down?  The Bills had the ball 9 times.  Two of those were with short clocks.  Miami had poor time of possession because the defense got them off the field.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

So we’re 0-7 in one score games since last year. The year before that we had a pretty good record in close games. What i see less of is all the ***** kickings Bills fans have been use to. It’s hard to blame the coach when you look back at numerous missed chances.  The players are put into position to make play in these close games and they have failed. It’s a collective effort, but when you drop TDs, miss open WRs, can’t spike the ball it’s on the players. McDermott can’t hold their hand during game time 

6 hours ago, Einstein said:

This is an excellent point.

The Dolphins had less total yards but that’s because our offense wouldn’t let them get on the field.

The Dolphins averaged the same yards per play we did (5.4 vs 5.5).

Its not an excellent point.  The Dolphins had 8 possessions and the Bills had 9.  One of the Dolphins possessions was from our own 10 but two of the Bills possessions were on short clocks. The Dolphins only did something on 2 of the 8 drives that didnt start from our own 10.  The Bills forced them to punt in 5 out of 8 drives.  Miami had just as many opportunities to use the clock as the Bills did.

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

The Dolphins averaged the same yards per play we did (5.4 vs 5.5).

There is no getting around that. It’s a fact. 

They also scored more points than our offense.

I would say the biggest difference in drives is that the Bills went for 3 fourth downs. Dolphins elected to punt in those situations instead.

The Dolphins were 37% on third down the Bills were 61%.

It doesnt matter if they averaged the same yards per play if they dont convert for first downs.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.