Poor coaching by McDermott is becoming a theme

Einstein

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I find that very odd to read. I read Florio a lot and never picked up on any animosity toward the Bills.

His favorite team isn’t even in our conference, and he has had the Bills listed as the best team in the NFL for some time now.

Listen to his show with Chris Simms.  Simms speaks highly of Allen and the Bills.  Florio almost always downplays Simms takes and usually goes the other way.  I'll admit though Florio took the Bills yesterday.

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Definitely not Tomlin, in my opinion.

Now that would be a significant upgrade. 

I really have no reason to see McD out.... but I would be veryyyyyy interested to let Payton build an offense with Allen and this talent

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I love mcd, that said the close game thing is bothersome.

I'm nowhere near the idiocy of some on the board, however, we are the hot place to be right now. If we were in a position to make a major upgrade to head coach, I wouldn't hesitate. It'd be a very short list, and unlikely anyone on that list would shake loose. 

Could we take a constructive moment to list a few coaches we'd take over McD, if they were to become available ? Here's my take at it:

-John Harbaugh

-Tomlin

-Reid

Does Sean Payton make that list? I can't say, but I'm sure there would be some firey take about him both ways 🤷‍♂️

McD is not going anywhere

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I love mcd, that said the close game thing is bothersome.

I'm nowhere near the idiocy of some on the board, however, we are the hot place to be right now. If we were in a position to make a major upgrade to head coach, I wouldn't hesitate. It'd be a very short list, and unlikely anyone on that list would shake loose. 

Could we take a constructive moment to list a few coaches we'd take over McD, if they were to become available ? Here's my take at it:

-John Harbaugh

-Tomlin

-Reid

Does Sean Payton make that list? I can't say, but I'm sure there would be some firey take about him both ways 🤷‍♂️

I would take Sean Payton over McD in a heartbeat. 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Einstein said:

To be fair, it’s a pattern of losing close games.

Not just 1 loss.

Reid hasn’t lost his last 7 one score games.

I get this.  It seems like a trend.  Might be concerning, but who knows.   But let's talk about this trend a bit.

What does data suggest that the Bills lost by one score to the Titans last year, and came back and tattooed them 41-7 this year?

What does data suggest that the Bills lost by one score to the Patriots last year, and then came back and tattooed them TWICE in that same season?

I would all but guarantee they blow out Miami this December, barring a Josh Allen injury.

The data suggests that we lost by one score to the Chiefs, when almost every team the Chiefs play, loses.  

Not sure how to interpret the data.  But, they've certainly avenged a few of those once score games by blowing the team out the next time they played.  And in the one game, they lost the coin flip.  One was to the GOAT Brady and the Bucs.  One was on the road to the AFC #1 seed.  I mean, is it really unexpected?

They laid an egg in Jax and vs. Pitt last year.  What good team doesn't somewhere along the way? 

We need to pull out a game or two for sure, but really, they've avenged almost all of them except getting over the KC hump when it counts.

Edited by WideLeft

27 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Not just 1 loss.

Nice of you to just easily forget he was believe 6-0 the year prior.  Just like this thread, can always count on you to find someone who bashes the Bills coaching or cherry picks stats to say "See I'm right!"

41 minutes ago, Einstein said:

About half way into the video Mike Florio begins to voice his concern that McDermott may not be the right person to get the Bills over the hump.

He compares the situation to John Fox in Denver. Fox was good in Denver. He went 38-10 in his last three seasons.

But it took Fox being fired (after a 12-4 season) and Kubiak being hired for the Broncos to land a Lombardi trophy with that loaded roster.

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/mike-florio-buffalo-bills-received-rude-awakening-against-miami-dolphins?ls=pftvod

This is hogwash.  This is overreaction to yesterday's game.  How about if we had enough players to field a team we might have won lol

5 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Some of you guys are really sensitive.

Here's why:

The hostile media effect, originally deemed the hostile media phenomenon and sometimes called hostile media perception, is a perceptual theory of mass communication that refers to the tendency for individuals with a strong preexisting attitude on an issue to perceive media coverage as biased against their side and in favor of their antagonists' point of view.[1] Partisans from opposite sides of an issue will tend to find the same coverage to be biased against them.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Fox comparison is perfect.  I’ve been saying the same thing without the direct comparison,  McClappy got them out of the doldrums, but his God Awful game day decisions already cost us the game forever knows as :13.  They cost the game yesterday too.  He’s a pathetically conservative coach.  Hopefully Beane sees it in one to get that ring before McD wastes this roster completely.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2

15 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Not just 1 loss.

This just started in  2021.  Between 2018 and 2020, it was a wash between winning and losing 1 score games.   In 2021, our wins were big and our losses were close, except for the Colts game.  Same for 2022 thus far.  In looking at those games though, it seemed to come down to freakish plays (Josh slipping on the Titan goal line) or individual players missing a tackle or being out of position.  I don't see it as an overall team mindset where the team doesn't have the right mentality.  

As to Reid...over the same time period 2021-2022, KC has won 7 and lost 5 one score games.  So...KC has had more 1 score games than the Bills over that time period.

I'm tossing yesterday's loss out for being the perfect storm against the Bills.  In truth, I'd love for the Bills to have less close games and simply score a lot of points.  Let's just see how the rest of this year plays out.

6 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Just as a thought experiment, there's not one coach in the league you'd trade McD for?

That's a very good question.  Maybe McVay or Reid.  That's a very hypothetical mistake if you can't find the better coach that doesn't have a job currently.  Unless Sean Payton wants to show up to coach....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.