Poor coaching by McDermott is becoming a theme

Einstein

Just now, twoandfourteen said:

Nevermind that all of the other games over the course of that stretch have been won by double digits. 

20-0 is pretty good in those games if you ask me. 

Sometimes you gotta find a way to win games that you have some adversity in...

Being a good front runner is all well and good but not every game is going to turn out that way

13 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I am a member of a general NFL forum and they have told me for the better part of a year now that McDermott holds our roster back. I’ve brushed off these comments for some time, but i’m starting to see their point.

- 0 and 7 in one score games the last two seasons

- Challenging a clear Titans catch last week was indefensible

- Not challenging a potential Gabe Davis TD this week was indefensible 

- Playing shallow coverage on 3rd and 22, allowing TWO seperate receivers to get open deep, is indefensible

- Not having your WR’s ready to go down with enough time to spike the ball

- Don’t even get me started on 13 seconds

- Our inability to win short yardage situations for several years is indefensible.

- We as a team seem to have removed QB sneak from the play book. We never run it. Ever. See this tweet for how I feel about that. Hard to think that’s not a directive from the top, seeing that two separate OC’s refuse to call it.

I don’t even have to read past the title to know this is absolute trash. Like worse-than-Jalen-Ramsey-calling-Josh-Allen-trash…. trash.

This is such a total and utter recency bias take. 
this is screen-shot worthy so the whole world can remind you of this trash take in February when you are making your plans to attend the parade. 
do us all a favor and stay home that day. 

thanks!

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am afraid you are incorrect.

"A forward pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) in the field of play, at the sideline, or in the end zone if a player, who is inbounds"

a. secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and

b. touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and

c. after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, performs any act common to the game (e.g., tuck the ball away, extend it forward, take an additional step, turn upfield, or avoid or ward off an opponent), or he maintains control of the ball long enough to do so."

The answer is in your reply.

The last 12 words to be precise.

You do NOT need an act common to the game in the endzone.

When was the last time you saw a player juke, extend the ball, turn upfield, etc IN THE ENDZONE?

You don’t.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

If McD challenged and lost would that be "indefensible" too?  

Maybe McD has a bunch of morons up in the booth telling him to throw the flag (or not). Maybe he needs to hire a smarter set of eyes upstairs. What a novel idea when you're something like 1-26 in challenges. Just sayin if something is wrong,  fix it.

• Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

3rd string center

3rd string guard

2nd string RT

5th string CB

Back up CB

Diggs had to come off the field every other play in the 4th.

McKenzie had to go out multiple times.

Second string SS

Second string FS

Back up DT

2 practice squad DT called up.

Kumerow who has played decently also leaves with an injury.

100 degree heat index and no shade.

Thats what we dealt with today.

I agree with 100% of this. But the OP is not wrong. 0-7 in one score games is not a good look. 

this coaching staff definitely has issues with management, play calling at crucial times 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Einstein said:

When was the last time you saw a player juke, extend the ball, turn upfield, etc IN THE ENDZONE?

You don’t.

Read C.  Its explained right there.  You can’t possibly miss this.  

• Like (+1) 1

You're not wrong. 

Kahlil Shakir inactive again when you know Gabe Davis isn't right on that ankle today. 

The second drive of this game was pathetic and an absolute give up approach. 

Way too many times this team gets the playcall in late, its 3, 2, 1 and Josh is clamoring for the snap. 

And they don't play with any variance in tempo. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

You don’t.

No but you have to satisfy (C). He did not have time to commit a football move. 

If you think he did I suggest you get new eyes.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Read C.  Its explained right there.  You can’t possibly miss this.  

Yes. Read the last 12 words of C.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No but you have to satisfy (C). He did not have time to commit a football move. 

If you think he did I suggest you get new eyes.

Also by this theory, a toe-tap catch is not a catch.

There is no act common to the game when you make a sideline toe tap. No turn up field, no juke, no extending the ball upfield, just a catch.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

22 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

This place is the worst after a loss

Parks And Recreation GIF by PeacockTV

This is what happens when you let the outcome of a sporting event which you have absolutely no control over dictate your emotional state for the rest of the day (or week). It's dangerous.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Maybe McD has a bunch of morons up in the booth telling him to throw the flag (or not). Maybe he needs to hire a smarter set of eyes upstairs. What a novel idea when you're something like 1-26 in challenges. Just sayin if something is wrong,  fix it.

McD should bring back Rex's Chaplain for challenge advice.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Sometimes you gotta find a way to win games that you have some adversity in...

Being a good front runner is all well and good but not every game is going to turn out that way

I would agree, but those losses include ridiculous weather involvement for some of those games. There's only so much we could reasonably expect from this decimated team today. It's a tough loss, but I'm ok letting Miami enjoy their Super Bowl here in Week 2 on their way to irrelevance come December.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.