What is the NFL record for negative yard differential in a win?

Bermuda Triangle

3 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

This game has to be Top 10.

The Dolphins are a 10-7 quality team.

I think you mean it in a bad way, but it's good to see someone here acknowledge that they are a 10 win team.

I was being told all week long that they are terrible, like in the good old days.

I tried to tell them...

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I think you mean it in a bad way, but it's good to see someone here acknowledge that they are a 10 win team.

I was being told all week long that they are terrible, like in the good old days.

I tried to tell them...

They were a 9 win team last season, and added the greatest offensive mind in NFL history, and Hill.  Maybe that gets them 1 more win.

They're the 2022 version of the 2021 Patriots.

Edited by Bermuda Triangle

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I think Bills gameplan of keeping the ball away from Waddle/Hill cost them because they were exhausted. 

Aside from that butchered 3rd & 22 play to Waddle, the D held Tua to 140 yards passing. The Bills left 30 pts off the scoreboard with PS players.  We held Hill & Waddle to 133 combined yards and 0 tds.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

They were a 9 win team last season, and added the greatest offensive mind in NFL history, and Hill.  Maybe that gets them 1 more win.

They're the 2022 version of the 2021 Patriots.

That's a playoff team...many fans here talk of them like a dysfunctional 6 win joke.   Read the comments, you don't have to take my word for it.  

The Dolphins are a good football team that appears to be bought into their coach, they can take advantage of moments and opportunities, particularly weird ones. They are "conventionally" good. They aren't elite yet, but could be building towards it. They don't have a lot of moments like 4th down slips, 13 seconds etc. 

The Bills are a goofy sort of good, where they can play the best football you've ever seen and dominate anybody, any time. But crap all over themselves in weird ways if things get weird, sometimes. They are definitely elite now, and everyone will want to avoid them in January more than anyone else except the Chiefs (probably a tie), in any venue. But they are still capable of perplexing losses, inexplicable gaffes etc. seemingly far more often than a "conventionally" good team. There is always a new hail murray, 13 seconds, allen slip, Jags game, this game etc. But they can also score 13 TDs in 16 drives in the playoffs. 

Just a snapshot in a long season, i'll bet on the bills being there long after miami goes home for the winter

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The funny thing is that of the top 6 games for being outgained and winning, the Dolphins have 4 of them.

Could be the weather in Miami.  That weather is said to have contributed to our first Super Bowl loss against the Giants (Wide Right). WE had to slow the pace of our no huddle offense to avoid exhausting the players.

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I tried to tell them...

Same... I had that bad pit in my stomach about this game even before the injuries piled up

Josh Allen, Bills 'take it on the chin' after dominating box score in loss to Dolphins

https://www.nfl.com/news/josh-allen-bills-take-it-on-the-chin-after-dominating-box-score-in-loss-to-dolph

The Bills lost, 21-19, despite running 90 plays to 39 for Miami, earning 497 yards to 212, gaining 31 first downs to 15 and generating a 40:40 time of possession to 19:20. It's the highest time of possession in a non-OT loss since 2014 (New York Jets' Week 7 defeat to the New England Patriots, 40:54). The 51-play differential for the Bills was the second-largest in a loss since 2000 (including playoffs), per NFL Research.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.