Why the Rash of Injuries?

IronyAbounds

Bills seem to be overly cautious with guys, but it’s getting ridiculous. 

Armstead and Howard wouldn’t have played today if they were in Bills uniforms. 

I will say though, Gabe Davis did not look healthy out there.  Probably dressed more as a decoy, then had to play with Kumerow getting hurt. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Not blaming anything in particular but I’d like to see numbers we looked pretty decimated today.  A lot of bodies were out.  Are there other team that have numbers like the Bills?

No one has ever had numbers like the bills that game I don’t think…we were down 11 starters in the second half and that doesn’t even include a few backups that replaced starters that got hurt. 

the dolphins were pretty banged up too by normal nfl standards but it wasn’t even remotely close to what happened to us 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, CDogg20 said:

Could it have anything to do with the lack of playing time in the preseason? Not as much conditioning resulting in injuries? 

I wonder about that too.  But on the other side of the coin, the team is already at game three of the season so you'd think maybe its not related to preseason.....

2 minutes ago, chaccof said:

I wonder about that too.  But on the other side of the coin, the team is already at game three of the season so you'd think maybe its not related to preseason.....

Just speculation on my part, I doubt thats the main concern because these are professional athletes so they should be in shape to last all quarters. 

I really think it’s just being unlucky. 

Our injuries are mounting and they are going to have an adverse effect over the next three weeks. And not in a good way either.

Even if Tre does come back and Jackson does too.  We are the walking wounded right now with no easy games in the next 3 weeks.

Gabe did not look anywhere near 100% today.  This is going to be a tough 3 weeks.

All 3 of these games are going to be super physical matchups.  This is going to be a tough 3 weeks.

This years week 7 bye can't get here soon enough.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

It's the law of averages. The data will always sway back towards the mean. If you are perceived to be "healthy" one year then you are very likely to be more "injured" the next. Joshy is a statistical anomaly but the Bills can't outrun the data forever

Yep, I believe it is called regression to the mean.

Buffalo has been very lucky with injuries the past 2-3 seasons. Really just J Brown 2 seasons ago and Tre least year.

Have to strike when the iron is hot, that is why the past 2 season endings have hurt so much.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.