Division Race/Home Field Advantage

buffblue

23 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Wanted to see what the level of concern is for our Bills after the tough loss in Miami. Regardless of how you view Tua and the Dolphins, it seems likely that they will control 1st place in the AFC East for the foreseeable future.

I am as optimistic as any about about our chances this year; however, I think most would agree that reaching our ultimate Super Bowl goal this year will be impacted by our ability to secure the #1 seed in the AFC.

Miami's upcoming schedule:

@Cin

@NYJ

Min

Pit

@Det

@Chi

Cle

Bye

Hou

With Miami now essentially having a 2 game lead with the tiebreaker, our injury situation, and difficult next 4 games, how confident are you in Buffalo regaining control in the AFC East (and competing in the home field race)?

I think today clearly demonstrated we are superior to the Dolphins, but sometimes the best team does not always prevail.

Thoughts? Go Bills!

In the odd game, no, but over a long season the better team usually finish first.

2 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

You do know they play 6 games within the division, right? So being 2-0 is nothing at this point 

Well, even if we win the rematch (which I expect), do you see Miami losing to the Jets or Patriots? Just beating Miami in Buffalo will not be enough - we may HAVE to sweep the Jets and Pats just to match Miami's 5-1 division record 

1 minute ago, buffblue said:

Well, even if we win the rematch (which I expect), do you see Miami losing to the Jets or Patriots? Just beating Miami in Buffalo will not be enough - we may HAVE to sweep the Jets and Pats just to match Miami's 5-1 division record 

I see Miami possibly losing to pats in Foxboro yes especially if it's later in the season

2 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

I see Miami possibly losing to pats in Foxboro yes especially if it's later in the season

Hope you're right man. Not trying to be an alarmist because I believe in this Bills team. 

But the loss today means the division race is going to be a dogfight

Edited by buffblue

Just now, Warcodered said:

That would be us.

I agree.

But even if that happens, I easily see a scenario where we split 1-1 and both teams are 5-1 in division. Then it comes down to AFC record, common games, etc.

Just pisses me off that the injury luck that befell us today could not have waited one more frickin week

33 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Wanted to see what the level of concern is for our Bills after the tough loss in Miami. Regardless of how you view Tua and the Dolphins, it seems likely that they will control 1st place in the AFC East for the foreseeable future.

I am as optimistic as any about about our chances this year; however, I think most would agree that reaching our ultimate Super Bowl goal this year will be impacted by our ability to secure the #1 seed in the AFC.

Miami's upcoming schedule:

@Cin

@NYJ

Min

Pit

@Det

@Chi

Cle

Bye

Hou

With Miami now essentially having a 2 game lead with the tiebreaker, our injury situation, and difficult next 4 games, how confident are you in Buffalo regaining control in the AFC East (and competing in the home field race)?

I think today clearly demonstrated we are superior to the Dolphins, but sometimes the best team does not always prevail.

Thoughts? Go Bills!

Very confident.  The Dolphins are an improving team, but Dolphins don't do well in the cold. On a frozen windy December in Buffalo, the Bills should win handily which will negate today's game.  None of the other leading contenders in the AFC look like world beaters, so the Bills still look good for the number one seed.

But then, we're only three weeks into the season. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.