Division Race/Home Field Advantage

buffblue

Wanted to see what the level of concern is for our Bills after the tough loss in Miami. Regardless of how you view Tua and the Dolphins, it seems likely that they will control 1st place in the AFC East for the foreseeable future.

I am as optimistic as any about about our chances this year; however, I think most would agree that reaching our ultimate Super Bowl goal this year will be impacted by our ability to secure the #1 seed in the AFC.

Miami's upcoming schedule:

@Cin

@NYJ

Min

Pit

@Det

@Chi

Cle

Bye

Hou

With Miami now essentially having a 2 game lead with the tiebreaker, our injury situation, and difficult next 4 games, how confident are you in Buffalo regaining control in the AFC East (and competing in the home field race)?

I think today clearly demonstrated we are superior to the Dolphins, but sometimes the best team does not always prevail.

Thoughts? Go Bills!

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Wanted to see what the level of concern is for our Bills after the tough loss in Miami. Regardless of how you view Tua and the Dolphins, it seems likely that they will control 1st place in the AFC East for the foreseeable future.

I am as optimistic as any about about our chances this year; however, I think most would agree that reaching our ultimate Super Bowl goal this year will be impacted by our ability to secure the #1 seed in the AFC.

@Cin

@NYJ

Min

Pit

@Det

@Chi

Cle

Bye

Hou

With Miami now essentially having a 2 game lead with the tiebreaker, our injury situation, and difficult next 4 games, how confident are you in Buffalo regaining control in the AFC East (and competing in the home field race)?

I think today clearly demonstrated we are superior to the Dolphins, but sometimes the best team does not always prevail.

Thoughts? Go Bills!

The Dolphins can easily lose on the road at Cincy, on a short week, after a game where their own players must be exhausted (as the Bills were) and the Bills can beat Baltimore tying them at 3-1 (yes Dolphins have the tie breaker but it's really an "incomplete" tie breaker as we still have to play them again).

7 minutes ago, buffblue said:

@Cin

@NYJ

Min

Pit

@Det

@Chi

Cle

Bye

Hou

Thoughts? Go Bills!

They don’t technically have a 2 game lead yet I wouldn’t say because there’s still a rematch 

• Like (+1) 1

It's way too early to panic.  It's really just going to come down to how long these injuries linger for.  If we get most guys back relatively soon we will be right back on track.  If we are going to continue to be decimated by injuries as the season rolls along that could change the course of direction but way, way, way too early to start panicking. 

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

not very confident in the 1 seed.  If we continue to lose close games, won't matter much.  We are not winning anything until the players and coaches stop chocking.  

We seriously need them to stop getting so injured and dehydrated and getting their brains cooked in 100 degree weather.  Uggggghhhhh what is with these GUYSSS1!!23131113!#t5135!!1

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They don’t technically have a 2 game lead yet I wouldn’t say because there’s still a rematch 

You're right of course, but in theory we could be looking at Week 13-15 before we are actually considered first in our division. Obviously the rematch with Miami will be a must win.

Also, Miami is now 2-0 in the AFC East which would be the second tiebreaker between us after head to head

Edited by buffblue

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Bills win division by at least two games(assuming Allen stays healthy)… today was a microcosm of why this team has failed the past couple years…. Specifically last year… ***** offensive line play, some sort of defensive hiccup on a big down, bad game day management/feel from their HC.

0-8 the last 8 one score games is ridiculous and not a fluke….I mean at some point you gotta figure that ***** out and win one.

Have to agree with you here. The law of averages would dictate we should start winning some of these.

It sounds crazy, but its almost like winning comfortably hurts us in big games against tough opponents. We don't seem to be able to finish in difficult situations

Edited by buffblue

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yep. Tie-breakers do not apply until the season is over. (And, I might add, ESPN's and others' playoff standings at this early point is stupid.)

Still most worried by KC for the 1 seed … and they also lost today.  

Miami could be annoying with their easy schedule though. 

Not sure what to make of their offense.  Our defense held up with all the injuries, but a big part of it was our Offense just dominating TOP (to our inevitable demise)

Their defense was really good, imo.   Maybe we smoke them with a healthy line and WR’s not dying after every play.. but they managed to blitz the life out of us AND seal up any big plays on the back end post Q1. 

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Bills win division by at least two games(assuming Allen stays healthy)… today was a microcosm of why this team has failed the past couple years…. Specifically last year… ***** offensive line play, some sort of defensive hiccup on a big down, bad game day management/feel from their HC.

0-8 the last 8 one score games is ridiculous and not a fluke….I mean at some point you gotta figure that ***** out and win one.

Welcome back …

Ive missed you the last 2 weeks 

13 minutes ago, buffblue said:

You're right of course, but in theory we could be looking at Week 13-15 before we are actually considered first in our division. Obviously the rematch with Miami will be a must win.

Also, Miami is now 2-0 in the AFC East which would be the second tiebreaker between us after head to head

You do know they play 6 games within the division, right? So being 2-0 is nothing at this point 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.