NFLPA initiating investigation into Tua’s concussion protocol

YoloinOhio

Omalu is pretty much anti-football in general, so it's not surprising he's the one saying it.  There is no way in hell Tua retires now assuming he makes a full recovery from this concussion.  I could see it with another major concussion on the heels of this one, but my understanding is that this is the first major concussion he's suffered in his career.  People are right to be appalled at how the last two weeks played out for Tua, but this "he should retire" talk is way over the top, imo.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa is being encouraged to immediately retire.

On a side note, he's from my neighborhood here in Hawaii, (Ewa Beach), so I tend to track him - in case the skeptics think I'm a Dolphins fan in disguise. 

Details in the following link.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tua-tagovailoa-retire-nfl-concussion-doctor-says

I think this title is a little misleading.  OK, it's a LOT misleading.

The doctor in question is not a team or personal physician who has examined or treated Tagovailoa and is making a recommendation based upon clinical findings.

It's Doctor Bennet Omalu, who first reported the changes caused by CTE in the brains of former football players.  He is pretty much of the opinion that tackle football should be ended.  He probably thinks every NFL player should retire.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Omalu is pretty much anti-football in general, so it's not surprising he's the one saying it.  There is no way in hell Tua retires now assuming he makes a full recovery from this concussion.  I could see it with another major concussion on the heels of this one, but my understanding is that this is the first major concussion he's suffered in his career.  People are right to be appalled at how the last two weeks played out for Tua, but this "he should retire" talk is way over the top, imo.

It would appear that he had 2 concussions within 4 days. The way he stumbled and collapsed after the Milano shove has to tell any reasonable person that it was his first concussion that we know about. The 2nd concussion was like too much of a "bump" and caution should be used before getting him back on the field. 

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Or your English teacher. 

Or a guy named Sonny Liston…, (sp) ?

29 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

ultimately it’s up to him. 

that said, I’d be shocked if he doesn’t have a number of concussions. They all do. This is just his first really visually scary and perhaps his worst. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.