NFLPA initiating investigation into Tua’s concussion protocol

YoloinOhio

20 hours ago, BrooklynBills said:

I don't think Miami maliciously tried to circumvent the concussion protocol. I do think the they found a loophole in the process which allowed Tua to return to what was a massive game for the Dolphins.  And I think the HC isolated himself away from the decision making process by simply "trusting" the doctor.

That's all fine and dandy, but McDaniel is trying to have it both ways.  You can't isolate yourself from the decision by turning a blind eye to what you saw happen with your own two eyes, and then turn around and blubber that "I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I knowingly put him in danger" (or whatever he said).

I kind of think the guy's a phony.  Different personality but he's got some Greggo in him.  Wants everyone to believe his narrative about himself.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

I can't help but wonder what the Jets defensive players feelings are if Tua is cleared to play.

No player would want to be the 3rd guy to knock him out, but you can't give Tua a free ride either.

What kind of damage could be done if it happened 3 weeks in a row?

If Tua had never sustained any of these injuries, no one would question a Jets player laying the lumber on him.

What will the perception be if a Jets player does that next Sunday?

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

I can't help but wonder what the Jets defensive players feelings are if Tua is cleared to play.

No player would want to be the 3rd guy to knock him out, but you can't give Tua a free ride either.

What kind of damage could be done if it happened 3 weeks in a row?

If Tua had never sustained any of these injuries, no one would question a Jets player laying the lumber on him.

What will the perception be if a Jets player does that next Sunday?

With how quick the game is there's no time for them to think about that, kind of like with the Bills after Dane's injury have to just put it aside and keep moving.

12 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

With how quick the game is there's no time for them to think about that, kind of like with the Bills after Dane's injury have to just put it aside and keep moving.

True, but I'm talking about the consequences that Tua may suffer and how that would make a player feel after.

I guess I'm saying all players know they can be injured or injure another player.  Tua could be greatly escalating those chances. 

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Wow I thought the protocol was vague and the decision to let Tua go back into the game was wrong, but I didn't expect the independent doctor to be incompetent. It feels like this is heading towards a hefty fine and the loss of draft picks.

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

While it is evident the Dr made mistakes, I hope this doesn't give a reason to let the Miami organization off the hook.

At the very least the Miami doctor should be fired as well if the UNC made "several mistakes" then you know the Miami doctor likely went along with it.  That's clearly negligence (malpractice) on the doctors part.  Be interesting to see how far it goes up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.