NFLPA initiating investigation into Tua’s concussion protocol

YoloinOhio

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is this guy for real? 

McDaniel should stop talking

McDaniel said that he was cleared “by several layers of medical professionals” of having “any head injury whatsoever” in the Buffalo game.

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Those guys on First Things First are tools!! Prick Wright tries to bring up the Mahomes situation from last year where the team took him out of the game because they thought he had a concussion. Wright says he spoke to Mahomes and the Rat said he wasn't concussed, just choked out. Prick even said Mahomes head never hit the ground. Video shows Mahomes got pile drived 

Edited by Solomon Grundy

28 minutes ago, nucci said:

McDaniel said that he was cleared “by several layers of medical professionals” of having “any head injury whatsoever” in the Buffalo game.

Where did they dig that clown out of?  Wow... If there's ever a dweeb you wanna stuff in a locker and forget the combination,  it's him. 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Those guys on First Things First are tools!! Prick Wright tries to bring up the Mahomes situation from last year where the team took him out of the game because they thought he had a concussion. Wright says he spoke to Mahomes and the Rat said he wasn't concussed, just choked out. Prick even said Mahomes head never hit the ground. Video shows Mahomes got pile drived 

Didn't really trust that then, but you could at least see the argument for him being choked out.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, nucci said:

He also said Tua told him the reason he collapsed was bc his "back felt like Gumby" which sounds an awful lot like something a concussed person would say. 

Edited by Motorin'

37 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Their coach said he suffered the back injury earlier in the game. You’re telling me they reported the back injury earlier in the game? I only heard about the back after he hit his head.

Usually in game injuries aren't reported until that player comes out for a period of time. So although it appears he may have actually hurt his back earlier, i don't think/recall their was a report of a "back injury" until after the CONCUSSION.

Just now, DrDare said:

Usually in game injuries aren't reported until that player comes out for a period of time. So although it appears he may have actually hurt his back earlier, I don't think/recall there was a report of a "back injury" until after the CONCUSSION.

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

My understanding from listening to sports talk radio (assuming they know what they're talking about) is that even if you "pass" the tests, the loss of motor control he displayed on the field is supposed to automatically disqualify you from returning to the game.  I can only assume the doctors worked off a different interpretation of the rule where they only counted his motor control during the actual tests to have plausible deniability.  The automatic disqualification is supposed to prevent these "just a back injury" situations where the player is able to shake out the cobwebs before the test.

Miami needs to be severely punished for this if the league wants to retain any shred of credibility regarding player safety.

From the NFL website:

"No-Go" Signs and Symptoms.

If a player exhibits or reports any of the following signs or symptoms of concussion, he must be removed immediately from the field of play and transported to the locker room. If a neutral sideline observer or a member of the player's club's medical team observes a player exhibit or receives a report that a player has experienced any of the following signs or symptoms, the player shall be considered to have suffered a concussion and may not return to participation (practice or play) on the same day under any circumstances:

Loss of Consciousness (including Impact Seizure and/or "fencing posture")

Gross Motor Instability (GMI), identified in the judgment of the club medical staff in consultation with the Sideline UNC, who observe the player's behavior, have access to the player's relevant history and are able to rule out an orthopedic cause for any observed instability

Confusion

Amnesia

A blind man can see that wasnt orthopedic.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is this guy for real? 

He was able to laugh during a movie?  Ok hes good for next week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

So Tua has a "back" injury and is not in concussion protocol leading to yesterday's game but he is still required to check for concussion symptoms every day?

Is this something new in the "protocol"? Does NFL do that for all players suspecting to concussion these days? or just Tua only even he has a "back" injury?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, syhuang said:

So Tua has a "back" injury and is not in concussion protocol leading to yesterday's game but he is still required to check for concussion symptoms every day?

Is this something new in the "protocol"? Does NFL do that for all players suspecting to concussion these days? or just Tua only even he has a "back" injury?

I am unaware of any player ever being checked for concussion symptoms daily while NOT being in the concussion protocol.

1 hour ago, UKBillFan said:

Maybe they're still trying to pass it off as a back injury?

This is starting to remind me of the Black Knight in Monty Python.

I don't know when we were aware of his injury - did we put him out there knowing he was hurt or did it happen/only come to light after the game? I have no idea.

Doyle was injured in game it appears and pretty sure he didn’t come back into the game after the injury. Your trying to tie the two events seems like a reach. Not to mention a knee injury compared to a brain injury is like comparing apples to oranges. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.