NFLPA initiating investigation into Tua’s concussion protocol

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

So he admits they don't look at the video evidence of how he was loopy on the field.  Also seemed to say loss of motor function isn't a "no go", despite it absolutely being so?

It probably isn’t an automatic no go if there is some kind of reasonable alternate explanation…which they thought they had 

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

So he admits they don't look at the video evidence of how he was loopy on the field.  Also seemed to say loss of motor function isn't a "no go", despite it absolutely being so?

That’s what I thought but I guess stumbling after a hit to the head only gets you evaluated. Then the doctors determine what caused the stumbling.

In this case they’re trying to make us believe the stumbling was caused by his back. But there is no report of a back injury and we see him shaking and grabbing his head beg and after stumbling.

How could the doctors determine the stumbling was back related? Visually everything looked to be head related.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Was the back injury reported? Do NFL teams have to report injuries that get examined during the game?

We have eyes. Honestly I would rather just have the old rules back where we didn’t care about concussions and just let the players decide for themselves.

The NFL thinks we’re stupid. 

I feel like I remember hearing he had a back injury coming into the bills game but I’ll see if I can find any info on it.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It probably isn’t an automatic no go if there is some kind of reasonable alternate explanation…which they thought they had 

Which is an absolute failure in the protocols if true.  If you leave loopholes like that in, they WILL be abused.  It's possible to have two independent causes of similar symptoms concurrently, that's why the automatic no gos are supposed to be there.  This is all just plausible deniability for a cover up from a scumbag organization. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

My guess with absolutely zero medical training  but several documented concussions lol is that he probably had a back injury and a concussion.  the team doctor probably suggested the loss of motor function could’ve happened from the back injury if he passed all the other concussion tests and the independent neurologist said it was possible.  It’s the team doctors call ultimately.

I bet they waited til halftime to test him so he got some of his wits back.  If he got that test right away no way he would’ve passed 

Yup a loophole that was exploited either accidentally or knowingly 

all possible but we know it was a cover. Everyone watching Sunday could tell his head slammed on the field and that was why he couldn't walk

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Whilst I appreciate the point what was known about Doyle’s fitness when we put him on the field late on? At what point did he pick up the torn ACL?

Not the same thing at all. And I am confused, is there some question of when he was injured?

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

all possible but we know it was a cover. Everyone watching Sunday could tell his head slammed on the field and that was why he couldn't walk

Yep it was some combination of bad medical advice, weak protocols, and intentionally getting an important player back on the field and it’s hard to tell how big of a factor each of those pieces was with what is publicly available.  At the end of the day the dolphins coaches could’ve chosen to hold him out…there’s no way a doctor could say tua absolutely did not have a concussion from the 10 minute test they do 

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Was the back injury reported? Do NFL teams have to report injuries that get examined during the game?

We have eyes. Honestly I would rather just have the old rules back where we didn’t care about concussions and just let the players decide for themselves.

The NFL thinks we’re stupid. 

Yes the back injury was reported almost immediately, did you watch the game? They then had to maintain this excuse for the rest of the game, the next half week of practice and the next game and are still maintaining this excuse at this very moment.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

In other words "Please let him play against the Jets".

We all know what the Dolphins represent - wins before people.

Everything that comes out of this man's mouth on this is the wrong thing. When my daughter got a concussion, she was told to not look at screens. The doctor said that "the brain needs to rest to heal."

• Agree 3

19 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Which is an absolute failure in the protocols if true.  If you leave loopholes like that in, they WILL be abused.  It's possible to have two independent causes of similar symptoms concurrently, that's why the automatic no gos are supposed to be there.  This is all just plausible deniability for a cover up from a scumbag organization. 

Absolutely…they will 100% have to overhaul the protocols after this at the very least

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Everything that comes out of this man's mouth on this is the wrong thing. When my daughter got a concussion, she was told to not look at screens. The doctor said that "the brain needs to rest to heal."

Maybe they're still trying to pass it off as a back injury?

This is starting to remind me of the Black Knight in Monty Python.

12 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Not the same thing at all. And I am confused, is there some question of when he was injured?

I don't know when we were aware of his injury - did we put him out there knowing he was hurt or did it happen/only come to light after the game? I have no idea.

• Like (+1) 1

They're still not treating this seriously. Here is a quote from a concussion information sheet:

"Limit activities that require a lot of thinking or concentration (including social activities, homework, video games, texting, computer, driving, job-related activities, movies, parties). These activities can slow the brain's recovery."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Then Tua turned to him and said "Man I love Murder, She Wrote"

Aren't their a lot of explosions in that movie?

read MLJ twitter feed. one of the most bizarre unfomfortable pressers from a coach.

clearly mcdaniel was uncomfortable. trying to cover it / get out in front of it. and really poor PR. kept talking / trying to talk it out . made things worse

14 minutes ago, DrDare said:

Yes the back injury was reported almost immediately, did you watch the game? They then had to maintain this excuse for the rest of the game, the next half week of practice and the next game and are still maintaining this excuse at this very moment.

Their coach said he suffered the back injury earlier in the game. You’re telling me they reported the back injury earlier in the game? I only heard about the back after he hit his head.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.