NFLPA initiating investigation into Tua’s concussion protocol

YoloinOhio

So McDoofus said seeing people get hurt / injured was not something he signed up for. 

OBVIOUSLY 🙄 

he and the Fish have no issues with watching the opponents suffer from heat stroke.  

This decision is on HIM and Tua for pretending he was OK to play 

Dolphins HC Mike McDaniel: Tua Tagovailoa suffered concussion, expected to be discharged from hospital Thursday night

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Southern_Bills said:

After all this I'm sure players will be linings up to play for this organization 🙄.

This was my thought after hoping Tua will be ok. 
No way will those go unnoticed by players. Where would you rather play: Buffalo where the team exercises caution around injuries or Miami where it’s a win at all costs and that includes your well being? 

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

This was my thought after hoping Tua will be ok. 
No way will those go unnoticed by players. Where would you rather play: Buffalo where the team exercises caution around injuries or Miami where it’s a win at all costs and that includes your well being? 

Whilst I appreciate the point what was known about Doyle’s fitness when we put him on the field late on? At what point did he pick up the torn ACL?

The blame lies squarely on the NFL.  If congress gets involved it's their own fault for not taking thier own protocol seriously.   Lip service and platitudes about head injury is not going to cut it .  All they're really worried about is dollars and it's apparent 

Edited by Coldfronts
  • Disagree 1

One of the former players in the post-game said he got a concussion and was able to BS his way through the protocol and get back on the field. Another teammate pulled him out and told the coaches he wasn't right and shouldn't be playing.

If you can BS your way through the protocol, obviously it is not good enough. They need to determine without any doubt that they do not have a concussion. Scan their brain or something. There has to be more concrete ways of determining this. What the player says or does shouldn't be a factor. Take it out of their hands.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, transient said:

With everything they’ve put out about the “no-go” criteria, I think the only way he could have been cleared to return is if he never actually entered the concussion protocol in the first place. 

Exactly this. 

The issue is, he was never e v a l’d for a concussion after the hit, on the sidelines. They walked him right into the locker room and probably gave him smelling salts until he came to. 

They told the “independent neurosurgeon” that he had a back injury which the Doctor cleared him of.

There is no way he passed a concussion e v a l. They didn’t do one because they called it something else. 

Is there a way to confirm with the game footage out there? Can we see him going to a tent to be evaluated? 

1 hour ago, Beast said:

What would have stopped him from playing last night if he didn’t go back 8n to the Bills game?

Because he would have been going through concussion protocol instead of treating a "back injury"

We have seen most if not all of those times the player does not pay the following Thursday

3 minutes ago, skibum said:

Why is everyone so certain that Tua was concussed on Sunday? I have had back pain that has literally knocked me to my knees, and I have never been tackled by a 300 lb man. 

His head was slammed to the turf in the tackle by Milano.  He had no back pain issue on injury report.  

Now he gets hit and severely concussed four days later. 

Add it up. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, skibum said:

Why is everyone so certain that Tua was concussed on Sunday? I have had back pain that has literally knocked me to my knees, and I have never been tackled by a 300 lb man. 

he wasn’t tackled he was pushed down by Milano 

when my back goes out I don’t jump up to my feet. I go back to the ground and stay there until the pain subsides and then I walked like I’m 100 and hunched over 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

So YOLO, reading the title, what's a "concession" protocol?  Is that when he decides to leave the game?  🙂 

or should it be a "confession protocol" where he admits he was concussed? 🙂 

Edited by wjag

6 minutes ago, DrDare said:

Because he would have been going through concussion protocol instead of treating a "back injury"

We have seen most if not all of those times the player does not pay the following Thursday

I’d like to see the stats on your last statement before commenting further.

8 minutes ago, skibum said:

I think it’s because, after hitting his head on Sunday, he looked like he had funnel-shotted a handle of Jack Daniels.  

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.