NFLPA initiating investigation into Tua’s concussion protocol

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Does anyone else (think I know the answer) think Tua is simply NOT an NFL QB? He has some skills, sure, but physically he is unsafe out there. Just unable to protect himself enough to withstand the game's violence. I've never seen a guy get ragdolled by every defender who really gets their hands on him. Almost every season, since college. 

Would have better for him to get knocked out of last week's game, which we all know is what actually happened in the alternate reality where the NFL follows its own very important protocols. 

Trent Edwards.  A 9ers QB I can't remember before Garcia I think. Tommy Maddox.  David carr. I can think of a few

• Haha (+1) 1

I think this will mostly be swept under the rug. It’ll last a news cycle or so. 
The league will review procedures and nothing will probably come of it. 
Hopefully Tua will recover and be ok. I still believe the only one possibly in trouble or scapegoated  is whoever the independent neurologist was at the Bills game who cleared him to return. Their coach, while we can question his decision probably can’t face any actual discipline. 

1 hour ago, Monty98 said:

Yes and no, second impact syndrome affects people under a certain age, but once they are 23/24 it seems to not be the same factor. REGARDLESS, there's a lot of questions to be answered right now and prayers for a kid that shouldn't have been put in that position 

Does Miami claiming it was a back injury change any of the protocols?

2 hours ago, Herc11 said:

The worse part is he just hit his head in the same manner and his brain suffered a second injury on top of a pre-existing brain contusion. Its going to be a long time until he is able to clear protocol.

So... 60 minutes?

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.