NFLPA initiating investigation into Tua’s concussion protocol

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

They have to investigate this in the light of day now, after a pretty regular tackle causes a stretchering. There will be no sweeping this under the rug any longer.

My mother has worked in Neurology for nearly 50 years. As soon as she saw that she said that’s either head trauma or a spinal issue as the nerves to his hand were clearly not working.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

My mother has worked in Neurology for nearly 50 years. As soon as she saw that she said that’s either head trauma or a spinal issue as the nerves to his hand were clearly not working.

I did mention in one of the threads that the argument over concussion vs back injury seemed inconsequential last week. As if a back injury of that scope would be fine to play with?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I mean, his fingers were palsied. There's no explaining that away like, I dunno, grabbing his head and stumbling around like closing time.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I did mention in one of the threads that the argument over concussion vs back injury seemed inconsequential last week. As if a back injury of that scope would be fine to play with?

I think this deserves it’s own thread at this point. This is deep $#@%. 

Edited by Augie

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

That was awful.  I really hope he’s okay…I hated seeing that.

Totally agree. Its pretty serious if he is going to level 1 trauma.  The NFL needs to not cover this ***** up though.  If they did their job last week this might not have happened.

Here is the other thing... if his back got hurt so bad that he collapsed on the field but didnt find it necessary to get xrays, mri's, ct scans?  Come on now.

• Like (+1) 2

Dolphins are gonna ruin that kid. The BS they pulled last week with the back injury is abysmal. The dude slammed his head, then showed telltale signs of a concussion and they go, "oh uh, it was this back thing." Frickin' crap. And now tonight he takes a shot and needs to be taken off on a stretcher. 

Absolutely eff the Dolphins. Hope they lose every game, McDaniel gets fired and they lose draft picks for being negligent, irresponsible jerks. Clearly player safety doesn't mean crap to them considering they designed their stadium renovations to force the opponent to bake in unbearable heat. A "genius move" according to ol' Tua. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

They have to investigate this in the light of day now, after a pretty regular tackle causes a stretchering. There will be no sweeping this under the rug any longer.

It had better.

CTE could have cancelled pro football.........it's put a big hit on youth football enrollment.........the league had done a pretty good job of limiting the amount of nasty concussions that we see by being extra careful in recent years.

But leave it to the douchebag Dolphins organization that has spent the last couple years acting like rules don't apply to them to pretend like the concussion crisis never happened and let Tua get annihilated 5 days after clearly suffering a concussion against Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Captain Caveman said:

I know people are upset with the Dolphins, but really the doctor that cleared him needs to lose his job.  Most NFL teams would possibly skirt rules to try and pull out a win, and the independent physician is supposed to be a safeguard against that.  He failed at his job and is responsible for Tua's health. 

We have no idea what happened from when Tua hit his head on the ground (last week) to when he came back out.m in second half. We have no idea who was responsible for what, or who was pulling strings.  We don’t know sh!t. 

1 minute ago, Playoffs? said:

We have no idea what happened from when Tua hit his head on the ground (last week) to when he came back out.m in second half. We have no idea who was responsible for what, or who was pulling strings.  We don’t know sh!t. 

We know that there is supposed to be an independent doctor who has the final say, who is supposed to ultimately be responsible for concussion monitoring, and obviously they failed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.