NFLPA initiating investigation into Tua’s concussion protocol

YoloinOhio

No one can convince me that Tua didn't suffer a concussion. It's as clear as a blue sky on a summer day. The signs were obvious beyond obvious. The league is looking into the matter. I'm not sure if it can be proved that the Dolphins were guilty of violating the rules. I believe the concussion rules talk about a player suffers any short lived impairment of neurological function that resolves quickly. That's a player suffering from a concussion. That fits the Tua situation to the letter. Not trying to get sympathy votes here but I really think the Dolphins should forfeit the game. The NFL needs to make a statement that this cannot happen. This shouldn't be just a slap on the wrist. Maybe I'm just pissed about the loss. What does everyone think? 

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

No one can convince me that Tua didn't suffer a concussion. It's as clear as a blue sky on a summer day. The signs were obvious beyond obvious. The league is looking into the matter. I'm not sure if it can be proved that the Dolphins were guilty of violating the rules. I believe the concussion rules talk about a player suffers any short lived impairment of neurological function that resolves quickly. That's a player suffering from a concussion. That fits the Tua situation to the letter. Not trying to get sympathy votes here but I really think the Dolphins should forfeit the game. The NFL needs to make a statement that this cannot happen. This shouldn't be just a slap on the wrist. Maybe I'm just pissed about the loss. What does everyone think? 

Are you and RJR related?

Asking for a forfeit should be embarrassing.

But they should be fined and lose more draft picks.   It was blatant.   That was exactly the kind of old school " just had his bell rung" situation that they are trying to protect players against.  

For those that have never had a concussion.......it's normal to get one and then feel fine just a few minutes later..........only to start feeling the damage hours later when the swelling sets in and adrenaline has worn off.    

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

Agreed that he was definitely concussed. The league will make an example out of this as a stern example for other teams tempted to follow Miami’s lead. It would have made sense for him to go to a local hospital for evaluation, certainly not taking the field after a whole half time break… Odds of a forfeit is about 0%. 

13 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I think you are just pissed about the loss.

He was clearly concussed, and they will handle this with as little coverage as possible. Their procedures clearly failed, but they don’t want any more press than necessary. 

There is a slightly less than ZERO percent chance they forfeit. They just might lose a draft pick, however. That was some pretty obvious stuff. Hard to “prove”, but “intuitively obvious to the most casual observer” as the brainiac in high school geometry used to say. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Asking for a forfeit should be embarrassing.

But they should be fined and lose more draft picks.   It was blatant.   That was exactly the kind of old school " just had his bell rung" situation that they are trying to protect players against.  

For those that have never had a concussion.......it's normal to get one and then feel fine just a few minutes later..........only to start feeling the damage hours later when the swelling sets in and adrenaline has worn off.    

That's the scariest part and weird emotional swings, depression and uncontrollably crying/sadness for no valid reason is *****in weird. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.