Mac Jones leg injury

syhuang

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Time out - what have you seen from the Pats this year that makes you feel they're running a good NFL offense with reins to give out?  Serious question....

Good offense? I certainly didn't say that!

I think there was a lot of hay made over the pre-season about how they were "installing a new offense," and its implementation was the reason Jones was struggling. But I don't think it's a different offense-- it's the same offense, minus a certain percentage of QB protection, and the play calling of Josh McDaniels.

There are no new "wrinkles" here. Patricia, and/or Judge (or whoever the hell is in charge of that offense) didn't come into Foxboro with some innovative, or complicated offensive scheme. They just picked up wherever they figured McDaniels left off, and Mac & Cheese is expected to read defenses, and adjust at the LOS-- a task he is not up to.

38 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Good offense? I certainly didn't say that!

I think there was a lot of hay made over the pre-season about how they were "installing a new offense," and its implementation was the reason Jones was struggling. But I don't think it's a different offense-- it's the same offense, minus a certain percentage of QB protection, and the play calling of Josh McDaniels.

There are no new "wrinkles" here. Patricia, and/or Judge (or whoever the hell is in charge of that offense) didn't come into Foxboro with some innovative, or complicated offensive scheme. They just picked up wherever they figured McDaniels left off, and Mac & Cheese is expected to read defenses, and adjust at the LOS-- a task he is not up to.

Fair enough, but I do think they changed some stuff and not for the better

Edited by Beck Water

19 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Zach Wilson, who was drafted into an utterly horrendous situation, is ascending. If you watched Justin Fields the other night, with the poor O-line, and Chicago's poor receivers, he is ascending. Trey Lance showed clear promise before going down with injury. All of those QBs were given more responsibility than Mac & Cheese. He started off his career with the equivalent of a high school playbook, and was only allowed to take more control incrementally. He endured possibly the most embarrassing win over the Bills when he was trusted to throw the ball three times in the entire game. 

But, Mac is also not ascending-- he's dropping like a rock.  Upon being given the full reins of an NFL offense in his second year, he has floundered. He is quite possibly being surpassed by Zappe. And in my honest opinion, when Mac Jones utterly panicked, hopping on one foot towards the sideline with an ankle sprain, he acted out his own epitaph. I do not believe he is fit for the NFL.

What? I think we will disagree… 

Wilson — looks meh at best and isn’t very dependable to be healthy in 2 years. 

Fields — he looks lost and indecisive and just plain bad! The bears may be the worst team in the NFL. 

Lance — really? That’s why the 49ers look light years better without him? The 49ers look stupid for trading so much away for him.  IMO he will be the biggest bust from the draft followed by Fields.

NONE of them will lead their team to the playoffs in year 2. ( 49ers may make it but with Jimmy G not him)

16 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

The problem is you guys keep thinking you have caught lightning in the bottle a second time.  You are likely never to see another instance of Tom Brady again. If it does happen its even less likely to happen to the same team.  People act like it was genious of BB to take Mac when in actuality it was just the only QB left.  Same thing with Brady really.  It wasnt genius.  It was just the luckiest flyer in NFL history. Mac isnt even that good.  He was just good enough to run a stellar system that for a short time took the league by surprise as well as run into some very lucky streaks of games between bad teams and good teams missing their best players.  Tom Brady's dont grow on trees.  Even most first round draft picks hardly make it in the NFL.  You guys think you got a Tom Brady like every new QB you get.

I get it though.  I lived that here for a long time.  Thinking and praying the next mediocre QB was the one.  I honestly dont think your team will ever get that until after BB retires.  He is too good a coach to lose enough games to draft high enough.  No coach is good enough to win SB's in todays NFL without a great QB.  

The stone age Belichick system is only good enough to maybe get a WC here and there in todays NFL.  Teams like the Bills and the Chiefs are just too good.  You need a QB that can keep up.  Even on a bad day against the best defenses these teams are scoring in the 20's.  The only thing that stops that is injuries and the stars align in the weather to even things out.

I honestly think your teams best bet is to just move on from BB and take the lumps of a season or two of absolute crap. Then pray you draft the right guy.  Until then I think all thats going to happen is the same mediocrity the Bills had for forever.

First I don’t think Jones is the next Brady. Just saying that years QB class he is probably the second best. Im actually more excited about the 2nd round WR Thornton who looks pretty good in 2 games.. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.