Mac Jones leg injury

syhuang

On 10/9/2022 at 4:44 PM, PatsFanNH said:

I never said Mahomes. I also said back when they were drafted. Allen was a raw talent that needed time to develop.  BB NOW doesn’t have patience let a QB develop. 

Now he may not have the patience for Jones if healthy. When asked he would not commit that Mac Jones would start even if healthy. Is it possible he gets Bledsoe?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bill-belichick-doesnt-commit-to-mac-jones-as-patriots-qb-i-dont-know-if-hell-start-once-healthy/

as for Josh .. how many opposing locker rooms has Bill home in to personally congratulate the opposing QB.. I am guessing very few.

On 10/9/2022 at 1:44 PM, PatsFanNH said:

I never said Mahomes. I also said back when they were drafted. Allen was a raw talent that needed time to develop.  BB NOW doesn’t have patience let a QB develop. 

And yet he drafted Mac & Cheese, and then Zappe??? What was he planning on doing with them? Are you suggesting that either of those guys were "NFL ready?"

On 10/8/2022 at 12:41 AM, Richard Noggin said:

Might be a PR attempt (by team and/or agent) to disprove the demonstrable criticism that Mac Jones is a dramatic baby compared to his peers.

20221008_003912.jpg.e1cf8e0d5ede05fd3a2c4796cc2ab43f.jpg

In that picture, he reminds me of Brady.  

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/8/2022 at 7:26 PM, FrenchConnection said:

They're not doing that. Mac Jones has mid-level NFL starter written all over him and as such he is the perfect QB for New England's system. As @PatsFanNH noted (to the chagrin to so many here), BB doesn't want an Allen or a Mahomes because their drive to make plays can result in mistakes. Mac Jones doesn't do anything splashy, but he also doesn't make a lot of mistakes. And as his ability to read coverages pre-snap evolves, he'll make even fewer mistakes. Brady in many ways, at least in NE, was like that. The only thing that Brady ever did to make your jaw drop was come up huge in clutch moments. But he did that by being consistent and making the right reads, not by making spectacular plays due to immense physical gifts like Allen, Mahomes or Lamar Jackson. 

Are you insane?  You think BB wouldnt want one of the top 2 QBs in the league right now?

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/12/2022 at 6:12 PM, Rocky Landing said:

And yet he drafted Mac & Cheese, and then Zappe??? What was he planning on doing with them? Are you suggesting that either of those guys were "NFL ready?"

Actually that’s exactly what they said about Jones. He was an NFL Ready QB with not a very high ceiling.. as for Zappa, he is exactly what he thought he be.. a capable backup..  right now Jones looks like the second best QB from his class.. which tells you how meh the class was. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Actually that’s exactly what they said about Jones. He was an NFL Ready QB with not a very high ceiling.. as for Zappa, he is exactly what he thought he be.. a capable backup..  right now Jones looks like the second best QB from his class.. which tells you how meh the class was. 

if you say so...

On 10/9/2022 at 3:44 PM, PatsFanNH said:

Mahomes sat an entire year to develop, and then was handed the keys to an offense that featured an 1000+ yd receiver and 1000+ yd TE along with a 1300+ yd RB and franchise OTs.

So a year's patience was needed with him as well, and possibly more patience if he had not stepped into a situation rich with established talent and established scheme/coaches.  Yeah, Reid adjusted the scheme because Mahomes could do stuff Smith could only dream about and he "cooked" his second year, but the ingredients for immediate success were all there.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Who outside of the first overall pick looks better than Jones? I am asking the rest look awful!

I guess we'll see after a bit.  I understand your POV, and you can justify it with results to date.

He's not playing on as good a team or with as much run support, but I think it's possible that Davis Mills may turn out to be better.

I could be delusional, but I think it's possible even Zach Wilson may turn out to be better.

Or, Mac Jones could adjust to whatever it is they're trying to do on Patriots offense this season, get back to last season's form and go upward from there.

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Who outside of the first overall pick looks better than Jones? I am asking the rest look awful!

Zach Wilson, who was drafted into an utterly horrendous situation, is ascending. If you watched Justin Fields the other night, with the poor O-line, and Chicago's poor receivers, he is ascending. Trey Lance showed clear promise before going down with injury. All of those QBs were given more responsibility than Mac & Cheese. He started off his career with the equivalent of a high school playbook, and was only allowed to take more control incrementally. He endured possibly the most embarrassing win over the Bills when he was trusted to throw the ball three times in the entire game. 

But, Mac is also not ascending-- he's dropping like a rock.  Upon being given the full reins of an NFL offense in his second year, he has floundered. He is quite possibly being surpassed by Zappe. And in my honest opinion, when Mac Jones utterly panicked, hopping on one foot towards the sideline with an ankle sprain, he acted out his own epitaph. I do not believe he is fit for the NFL.

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I guess we'll see after a bit.  I understand your POV, and you can justify it with results to date.

He's not playing on as good a team or with as much run support, but I think it's possible that Davis Mills may turn out to be better.

I could be delusional, but I think it's possible even Zach Wilson may turn out to be better.

Or, Mac Jones could adjust to whatever it is they're trying to do on Patriots offense this season, get back to last season's form and go upward from there.

Zach Wilson is already better.  The gap will likely widen.  Nothing is really known about Lance and Fields hasn’t been good but he is saddled with horrible circumstances.  Jones is pedestrian and it won’t be long before Zappe takes his job.  I think Jones will get a chance to start when he gets healthy but it won’t be long.  The guy stinks.

7 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The problem is you guys keep thinking you have caught lightning in the bottle a second time.  You are likely never to see another instance of Tom Brady again. If it does happen its even less likely to happen to the same team.  People act like it was genious of BB to take Mac when in actuality it was just the only QB left.  Same thing with Brady really.  It wasnt genius.  It was just the luckiest flyer in NFL history. Mac isnt even that good.  He was just good enough to run a stellar system that for a short time took the league by surprise as well as run into some very lucky streaks of games between bad teams and good teams missing their best players.  Tom Brady's dont grow on trees.  Even most first round draft picks hardly make it in the NFL.  You guys think you got a Tom Brady like every new QB you get.

I get it though.  I lived that here for a long time.  Thinking and praying the next mediocre QB was the one.  I honestly dont think your team will ever get that until after BB retires.  He is too good a coach to lose enough games to draft high enough.  No coach is good enough to win SB's in todays NFL without a great QB.  

The stone age Belichick system is only good enough to maybe get a WC here and there in todays NFL.  Teams like the Bills and the Chiefs are just too good.  You need a QB that can keep up.  Even on a bad day against the best defenses these teams are scoring in the 20's.  The only thing that stops that is injuries and the stars align in the weather to even things out.

I honestly think your teams best bet is to just move on from BB and take the lumps of a season or two of absolute crap. Then pray you draft the right guy.  Until then I think all thats going to happen is the same mediocrity the Bills had for forever.

Edited by Scott7975

8 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

The problem is you guys keep thinking you have caught lightning in the bottle a second time.  You are likely never to see another instance of Tom Brady again. If it does happen its even less likely to happen to the same team.  People act like it was genious of BB to take Mac when in actuality it was just the only QB left.

Um...there were QB taken after him.  One of whom (and this may not say enough) may be at least on the same level in Davis Mills.

I think the problems the Pats are having this year have less to do with Mac Jones and more to do with Matt Patricia and whoever else is cooking up that O.

8 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Same thing with Brady really.  It wasnt genius.  It was just the luckiest flyer in NFL history. Mac isnt even that good.  He was just good enough to run a stellar system that for a short time took the league by surprise as well as run into some very lucky streaks of games between bad teams and good teams missing their best players.  Tom Brady's dont grow on trees.  Even most first round draft picks hardly make it in the NFL.  You guys think you got a Tom Brady like every new QB you get.

Reason the NE fans think that may have to do with the fact that a couple of NE's QB selections are starting for other teams.

Jimmy Garappolo  SF   2014 2nd 

Jacoby Brissett      CLE 2016 3rd

It's pretty remarkable.

Then there's Brian Hoyer, who has done a league tour and started for an almost Fitz-like selection of teams

And the curious case of Matt Cassel, who I believe never threw a pass in college, went 10-5 in the Bradyless year, 10-5 2 yrs later for KC, then nothin'

I'm not trying to say Mac Jones is Brady, just to point out that there's some basis for NE fans thinking Belicheck has some kind of QB talent eye and it wasn't just McDaniel's system.

On 10/12/2022 at 2:49 PM, CorkScrewHill said:

Now he may not have the patience for Jones if healthy. When asked he would not commit that Mac Jones would start even if healthy. Is it possible he gets Bledsoe?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bill-belichick-doesnt-commit-to-mac-jones-as-patriots-qb-i-dont-know-if-hell-start-once-healthy/

as for Josh .. how many opposing locker rooms has Bill home in to personally congratulate the opposing QB.. I am guessing very few.

He came in to use the toilet since there is only one in opposing locker room and it has his name on it and just ran into Josh so he said something.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Zach Wilson, who was drafted into an utterly horrendous situation, is ascending. If you watched Justin Fields the other night, with the poor O-line, and Chicago's poor receivers, he is ascending. Trey Lance showed clear promise before going down with injury. All of those QBs were given more responsibility than Mac & Cheese. He started off his career with the equivalent of a high school playbook, and was only allowed to take more control incrementally. He endured possibly the most embarrassing win over the Bills when he was trusted to throw the ball three times in the entire game. 

But, Mac is also not ascending-- he's dropping like a rock.  Upon being given the full reins of an NFL offense in his second year, he has floundered. He is quite possibly being surpassed by Zappe. And in my honest opinion, when Mac Jones utterly panicked, hopping on one foot towards the sideline with an ankle sprain, he acted out his own epitaph. I do not believe he is fit for the NFL.

Time out - what have you seen from the Pats this year that makes you feel they're running a good NFL offense with reins to give out?  Serious question....

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Um...there were QB taken after him.  One of whom (and this may not say enough) may be at least on the same level in Davis Mills.

I think the problems the Pats are having this year have less to do with Mac Jones and more to do with Matt Patricia and whoever else is cooking up that O.

Reason the NE fans think that may have to do with the fact that a couple of NE's QB selections are starting for other teams.

Jimmy Garappolo  SF   2014 2nd 

Jacoby Brissett      CLE 2016 3rd

It's pretty remarkable.

Then there's Brian Hoyer, who has done a league tour and started for an almost Fitz-like selection of teams

And the curious case of Matt Cassel, who I believe never threw a pass in college, went 10-5 in the Bradyless year, 10-5 2 yrs later for KC, then nothin'

I'm not trying to say Mac Jones is Brady, just to point out that there's some basis for NE fans thinking Belicheck has some kind of QB talent eye and it wasn't just McDaniel's system.

Ok so there was one QB taken after him big deal.

Ok so the reason they think Belichick is genius is because he has drafted a lot of journeymen QBs.  Its not really remarkable at all.  The reason he kept taking QBs like that was so he would have a cheap backup.  None of those QBs are franchise guys much less even close to Tom Brady.  Not even Garappolo who made it to a super bowl who his current team tried to replace for good reason.

You say it wasnt just McDaniels system but point out that Matt Cassel did well pretty much only for the Pats.  Its not JUST McDaniels system.  Its Belichicks system of great defense followed by good running game and a QB that doesnt make many mistakes.  Same reason McD got Tyrod Taylor to the playoffs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.