Mac Jones leg injury

syhuang

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

A broken ankle isn’t the same thing as a tear in your ankle. Since they are saying it is a major High ankle sprain.. (which I never knew was a tear ). I broke my ankle to and walked back up 3 flights of stairs without crying..

I've had multiple bad high ankle sprains as well.

11 hours ago, Success said:

I was checking the Pats boards for an update, and one of their fans actually said that he didn't think Mac could be like Brady, but that he could definitely get to the level of someone like Aaron Rogers.

A fan said that.

Lol even getting to Kirk Cousins is being generous 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

A broken ankle isn’t the same thing as a tear in your ankle. Since they are saying it is a major High ankle sprain.. (which I never knew was a tear ). I broke my ankle to and walked back up 3 flights of stairs without crying..

Sprains are pretty much always tears, the various grades describe how severe the tear is.

6 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Was he actually crying? 

For whatever its worth, I have seen some tough dudes cry on NFL fields after injuries.  I don't think its always about pain tolerance.  The emotion of leaving the field with what you already know is a severe injury and potentially losing a season that you trained your ass off for is a powerful thing.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Was he actually crying? 

For whatever its worth, I have seen some tough dudes cry on NFL fields after injuries.  I don't think its always about pain tolerance.  The emotion of leaving the field with what you already know is a severe injury and potentially losing a season that you trained your ass off for is a powerful thing.  

I am not sure he was crying so much as he was screaming.

16 hours ago, balln said:

Nah. High ankle sprain is extremely painful. The ligaments that hold your shin bone together are all torn. You can’t stand. Almost every elite athlete would get surgery. Tua had it in college. 

interesting it’s not automatic surgery here 

Elite athletes have surgery for a lot of things that wouldn't require it for normal people...most broken bones have surgery to both stabilize and make the recovery process quicker and to ensure it is reinforced against further injury which would be quite unnecessary  for most people who would just have a cast on it and allow it to heal for 4-6 weeks.  

10 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Was he actually crying? 

Yeah, you'll see it a lot with players who are carted off after having their teammates all around them wishing them well as the cart drive away and reality sets in that their season is over and they likely have a long and grueling rehab process after surgery and face an uncertain future...likely are having worst case scenarios going through their head thinking if that might be the last time they ever see the field or that their career might be over, especially for the older players who were nearing the end of their careers anyway.

A lot of time those towels they drape over their head as they get carted off the field are to hide their tears from the camera.

Edited by Big Turk

10 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Was he actually crying? 

Crying after knowing you're done for the year and can't be there for your teammates is one thing.

This ain't it.

This picture is shows the equivalent of a 5 year old getting a sliver on the playground.

image.png.3407ee12be71183f6026e97cd420aa81.png

He's probably getting a second opinion because the Pats team doctors told him his ankle is fine and he'll be able to play this weekend and in light of the reaction to the injury it's too embarrassing.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Crying after knowing you're done for the year and can't be there for your teammates is one thing.

This ain't it.

This picture is shows the equivalent of a 5 year old getting a sliver on the playground.

image.png.3407ee12be71183f6026e97cd420aa81.png

He's probably getting a second opinion because the Pats team doctors told him his ankle is fine and he'll be able to play this weekend and in light of the reaction to the injury it's too embarrassing.

Perhaps.  High ankle sprains are serious injury.  Tua missed a season and it took him a full season to get right after the surgery he had.  Mocking the injured isn't something I am interested in with few exceptions.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Here in Boston they refuse to say that Mac is out this weekend because the all-knowing Bill Belichick hasn't said that. Some people seem to believe that if Bill says he'll play he'll have a sudden recovery, or maybe a quick ankle transplant and be just fine on Sunday. Any other team would have stated the obvious - we are still evaluating the extent of the injury and there is no specific timetable but he will miss time starting with week 4. Instead, Belichick will list him as questionable every day and when he obviously doesn't play on Sunday some percentage of people will call him weak - that's the type of pressure you want to put on your young quarterback...

16 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Perhaps.  High ankle sprains are serious injury.  Tua missed a season and it took him a full season to get right after the surgery he had.  Mocking the injured isn't something I am interested in with few exceptions.  

Zach Moss can attest ankle injuries can take much longer than expected to recover from to regain full functionality even after coming back and being able to play with it...he looked like a shell of himself last year.

29 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Sounds like Jones might not be out long which is good news for the Patriots staying in contention this season.

They probably weren't going to win in GB this week with him anyway but will be interesting to see if he's back next week.

More like he's out for awhile.  He's not rushing back to play for that franchise.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

More like he's out for awhile.  He's not rushing back to play for that franchise.

Jones is out for a couple from a headline that I saw 

Need to check again to see who the QB is

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34672088/new-england-patriots-qb-mac-jones-addressing-high-ankle-sprain-offers-only-taking-injury-day-day

QB Mac Jones likely will miss multiple games with severe high ankle sprain, sources say

Veteran Brian Hoyer is the Patriots' top backup, and fourth-round draft pick Bailey Zappe out of Western Kentucky has been the No. 3 option.

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Jones is out for a couple from a headline that I saw 

Need to check again to see who the QB is

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34672088/new-england-patriots-qb-mac-jones-addressing-high-ankle-sprain-offers-only-taking-injury-day-day

QB Mac Jones likely will miss multiple games with severe high ankle sprain, sources say

Veteran Brian Hoyer is the Patriots' top backup, and fourth-round draft pick Bailey Zappe out of Western Kentucky has been the No. 3 option.

He'll be out for awhile.  He's already at odds with them over the best course of treatment and he should be.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Yeah, not a good look. Besides, from a mocking perspective, Jones is a target rich environment without having to go there...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.