Mac Jones leg injury

syhuang

I’ve rolled my ankle bad a bunch of times playing basketball, to the point when I get X-rays they point out chunks of ankle missing.

Ankle rolls hurt bad.

I saw the picture first of Mac coming off field in intense pain.  I was wondering “did he break his femur?”  He looked more distressed than Thiesman 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I think he is better than Murray but like Watson, Murray got a contract he shouldnt have.  Lamar is not an elite QB and got a very fair offer.  Thats the last I am going to respond about that.  Lamar is not going to get a fully guaranteed contract.  If he does then the Ravens are fools.

Oh OK...so because all these people got contracts they "shouldn't" have that means he should just take less money as a gift.

You know as well as I do that's not how it works in the NFL and literally every player that is up for a new contract looks at the last contracts given at their position as the benchmark.

You could pull up many players who got contracta they didn't deserve due to the prior contract given at their position..

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Oh OK...so because all these people got contracts they "shouldn't" have that means he should just take less money as a gift.

You know as well as I do that's not how it works in the NFL and literally every player that is up for a new contract looks at the last contracts given at their position as the benchmark.

You could pull up many players who got contracta they didn't deserve due to the prior contract given at their position..

Not every contract has to out do the previous contract.  Again, the overall contract was for more money.  It was less guaranteed but it was still more money.

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Not every contract has to out do the previous contract.  Again, the overall contract was for more money.  It was less guaranteed but it was still more money.

Then please explain how Jared Goff was once the highest paid QB in the NFL.

10 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Then please explain how Jared Goff was once the highest paid QB in the NFL.

Because he was fools gold that had multiple excellent years and went to a super bowl?  Lamar is on his 5th year and has one playoff win.

Look, I dont care if Lamar gets paid or not.  If he does get a fully guaranteed contract then good for him but I dont think he is going to get it.  I think any team that pays him that is an idiot.  He eventually will lose those legs.  Its been shown over and over that a team that can shut down his running has shut down that offense.  You need to be able to pass the football at an elite level.  He just doesnt.  

If he takes that team to a superbowl or even the AFC champ game then I was wrong.  Until then this is my opinion.

Its just like Murray.  They were fools giving him that contract.  He hasnt proven a thing.  They are going to regret it. 

Edited by Scott7975
  • Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

True.  Arizona were idiots giving Murray that contract too.  However the full deal for Lamar was 20 million more.  Just less guarantee.  You're acting as if Lamar was insulted though.  $250 m with 133 m guaranteed is a very solid contract offer for him. He isnt an elite QB.  He may be an elite athlete but not QB.

You may disagree with that and thats fine but thats my opinion.  

Lamar is going scorched earth this year. His contract is going to exceed Baltimores offer. If they don’t pay him, someone will. He’s easily a top 3 QB this season. He will be in the MVP conversation. Based on this season so far, I think I’d go with Allen, Mahomes and then Lamar. But it’s real close and my hometown team bias might be in play too. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Lamar is going scorched earth this year. His contract is going to exceed Baltimores offer. If they don’t pay him, someone will. He’s easily a top 3 QB this season. He will be in the MVP conversation. Based on this season so far, I think I’d go with Allen, Mahomes and then Lamar. But it’s real close and my hometown team bias might be in play too. 

So far yes but he hasnt played anyone of note yet.  He needs to be able to prove he can win throwing the ball when they cant run the ball.  He needs to be able to prove he isnt a regular season stats hero and can win in the playoffs.  So far he hasnt.  Even in the Miami game, part of the reason Miami was able to come back was because the Ravens did nothing on offense in the second half.

Edited by Scott7975

Damn that looks awful, I hope the kid is ok. Sure didn’t look good.   I’ll never root for the Pats (except when we want them to win for a playoff scenario), but you don’t want to see that happen to anyone.

6 hours ago, Pete said:

I’ve rolled my ankle bad a bunch of times playing basketball, to the point when I get X-rays they point out chunks of ankle missing.

Ankle rolls hurt bad.

I saw the picture first of Mac coming off field in intense pain.  I was wondering “did he break his femur?”  He looked more distressed than Thiesman 

The way it went down, I thought the femur, right above the ankle.. I don’t know anything about anything, but I hope he just doesn’t tolerate pain well and it’s not what it looks like.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Yet another example of a QB being seriously hurt while standing in the backfield throwing the ball...

The "don't let Josh run" crowd seems to think QBs only get hurt when they run with the ball.

Statistically QB’s get hurt in pocket more often than on the run. Oftentimes they’re sitting ducks and can’t protect themselves.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.