Mac Jones leg injury

syhuang

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Is that all it was?  An ankle sprain?  Man that kid really is a sissy if thats true.

A legit high ankle sprain is pretty painful.  I did that in a high school basketball game and I could hear the ligaments tear.  Thought I'd broken my ankle for sure and I was screaming in pain.  And I have a fairly high pain tolerance.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

A legit high ankle sprain is pretty painful.  I did that in a high school basketball game and I could hear the ligaments tear.  Thought I'd broken my ankle for sure and I was screaming in pain.  And I have a fairly high pain tolerance.

Yeah so have I.  I know its painful.  I have broken my leg, had all the ankle sprains, broken my pinky right across the joint, most recently I had a severe neck injury at work a year ago with 6 bad discs compressing my spinal cord more than 50% and two neck surgeries a day apart.  I didnt go screaming like that.  The guy looked like he had his leg taken off.  It doesnt matter. I dont really care. Some people can deal with pain and others get crazy over a papercut.  I was just making a comment.

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Is that all it was?  An ankle sprain?  Man that kid really is a sissy if thats true.

The idiot Browns giving Watson that contract is distorting this.  The Ravens offered Lamar more than he is worth.  He isnt going to get fully guaranteed 1/4 billion dollars.  Stop the non sense.

No...still not true. Murray was given 189 million guaranteed. Why would Jackson look at that and accept $55 million less??

5 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

That’s ridiculous. I’m not going to lose my finger if my work coffee spills.  …. #2 guaranteed millions $$ is a big deal 

No it's not. You have a scarcity mindset and it shows.

3 hours ago, syhuang said:

Divisional rivalry or not, hate to see any injury like this. Seems like a late hit and should be a roughing the passer penalty.

That is a brutal looking injury.  May be a simple fibula fracture but with that pain, I would bet he fractured both tib / fibula.as that defensive player had all his weight on bending macs lower leg as his foot remained planted. Terrible to see.   He is from Jacksonville, so my prayers go out to him. It’s always possible it looks worse than the actual diagnosis , but that level of pain is unlikely to be fracture free.  Would expect to see it reported he is done for this year but hope for better news. 

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

No...still not true. Murray was given 189 million guaranteed. Why would Jackson look at that and accept $55 million less??

No it's not. You have a scarcity mindset and it shows.

True.  Arizona were idiots giving Murray that contract too.  However the full deal for Lamar was 20 million more.  Just less guarantee.  You're acting as if Lamar was insulted though.  $250 m with 133 m guaranteed is a very solid contract offer for him. He isnt an elite QB.  He may be an elite athlete but not QB.

You may disagree with that and thats fine but thats my opinion.  

Edited by Scott7975

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

True.  Arizona were idiots giving Murray that contract too.  However the full deal for Lamar was 20 million more.  Just less guarantee.  You're acting as if Lamar was insulted though.  $250 m with 133 m guaranteed is a very solid contract offer for him. He isnt an elite QB.  He may be an elite athlete but not QB.

He won an MVP. Murray hasn't even come close. 

Again...nobody in his position is taking that deal.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He won an MVP. Murray hasn't even come close. 

Again...nobody in his position is taking that deal.

I think he is better than Murray but like Watson, Murray got a contract he shouldnt have.  Lamar is not an elite QB and got a very fair offer.  Thats the last I am going to respond about that.  Lamar is not going to get a fully guaranteed contract.  If he does then the Ravens are fools.

6 hours ago, benderbender said:

Something about his youthful face makes me feel sorry for him. Like a crying child. I may not root for him or his team, but I do not wish for injuries.

That’s it man, different fans and players of different teams, it matters not, we’re all human beings and should show compassion on each other regardless.

God bless Mac. He’s the only QB from Bama that’s done a darn thing in the last 100 years and for that I salute him. Hope he is well. 🙏✝️🙏

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I think he is better than Murray but like Watson, Murray got a contract he shouldnt have.  Lamar is not an elite QB and got a very fair offer.  Thats the last I am going to respond about that.  Lamar is not going to get a fully guaranteed contract.  If he does then the Ravens are fools.

Not elite??? This season he has a QB rating of 120, 6TD against only 1 INT. 64% completion percentage. 

For his career he has a QB rating of 99 and a 3:1 TD:INT ratio. All of which are better than Allen's career stats. Allen only beats Lamar in yards passing.

What part of that is not elite? Can you define elite for me? 

Its really hard not to see a racial bias in all the Lamar Jackson is not a good passing QB comments. Other than him being black, please give me one reason he is not an elite QB in your estimation? Can you provide any stat? Any evidence at all? 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Not elite??? This season he has a QB rating of 120, 6TD against only 1 INT. 64% completion percentage. 

For his career he has a QB rating of 99 and a 3:1 TD:INT ratio. All of which are better than Allen's career stats. Allen only beats Lamar in yards passing.

What part of that is not elite? Can you define elite for me? 

Its really hard not to see a racial bias in all the Lamar Jackson is not a good passing QB comments. Other than him being black, please give me one reason he is not an elite QB in your estimation? Can you provide any stat? Any evidence at all? 

Yeah, I dont think he is a good passer.  Sure he makes some throws but I dont think he is complete as a throwing QB.  Dont ever call me racist punk.  That is one thing I am not.

This is not elite

qb-grid-chart_JAC323395_2021-REG-all_164

qb-grid-chart_JAC323395_2020-REG-all_163

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.