A Few Thoughts About the Dolphins Game, in no particular order

Virgil

17 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I had chance he was excellent. No 2nd TD not on him. 

If you have a minute I would appreciate some short breakdown why not for a noob :)

Even after looking 10x at the play I don't understand the coverage and individual responsibilities. I just see that he seems to have his eyes on the player who caught the TD all the time, was the closest one to him and was just a little late to a potential pass break up. Was it somehow J.Johnson's responsibility because it was his zone?

It probably doesn't help that All-22 angle on this play sucks.

Btw gotta give credit to Tua on this one, that was a great throw.

12 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

If you have a minute I would appreciate some short breakdown why not for a noob :)

Even after looking 10x at the play I don't understand the coverage and individual responsibilities. I just see that he seems to have his eyes on the player who caught the TD all the time, was the closest one to him and was just a little late to a potential pass break up. Was it somehow J.Johnson's responsibility because it was his zone?

It probably doesn't help that All-22 angle on this play sucks.

Btw gotta give credit to Tua on this one, that was a great throw.

Essentially, yes. It was a great throw by Tua, perfectly placed. The most accurate QB in football 😋. But Elam's job is to maintain outside leverage. I think he plays it really well, Jaquan is a little slow reacting and coming up. I think he was the one who had the real shot to break it up. But to be fair to both I just think nice play, good route, excellent throw, touchdown. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.