A Few Thoughts About the Dolphins Game, in no particular order

Virgil

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

You cannot spike it into the ground. It would be ruled a fumble.

Easy to say when you aren't in the moment having to make a split second decision after a basic play gets botched due to a bad snap

When he threw it all it had to be was a in the general direction of Diggs's into the ground.  Incomplete pass with a second or two on the clock.

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I will literally come fight anyone who slanders Josh Allen over this loss. 

He missed a throw. Ok..  He was an absolute monster on a revolving door offense as he had to physically withstand the hits and heat, along with mentally diagnosing blitz packages every play behind an OL that was falling apart. 

My point exactly

16 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

The trick play at the end of the half cost us that game.  

Kick a field goal there and we would have gone in up 17-14.

What in the world are you thinking not taking the points there.

Stupid ass play calling.   That was something I would have expected from Daboll not Dorsey...

It wasnt a trick play. Just saying

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I will literally come fight anyone who slanders Josh Allen over this loss. 

He missed a throw. Ok..  He was an absolute monster on a revolving door offense as he had to physically withstand the hits and heat, along with mentally diagnosing blitz packages every play behind an OL that was falling apart. 

I'm your tag team partner. 

I think some people on this thread should be required to watch every thrown from:

JP Losman, EJ Manual, Thad Lewis, Jeff Tuel, Tyrod Taylor, Kyle Orton and Nathan Peterman.

• Like (+1) 1

My one take on the game? It never ceases to amaze me how after 43 years of watching them on the TV or in person, that the Bills can still transform me from a rational adult back to the an angry expletive ranting teenager with an excruciating performance. I fooled myself that this season would have none of that, especially after the first two weeks but with this team it seems it that my descent into the cauldron of rage is never far away! Next week cant come soon enough! Go Bills!

• Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Did you not see Josh drive the team down the field from the 25 on the last drive?  The main culprits on that drive were a couple of catchable passes dropped, a killer holding penalty with 18 seconds left that pushed us way back from FG range and McKenzie cutting it back infield instead of running out of bounds on the last play.  Sure, Josh can be blamed for the McNasty miss, but blaming him for anything that happened on the last drive is idiotic.

He got the ball back with 1:15 or so and needed to get the team into field goal range for the game winning attempt. He did not succeed. He would get a lot of credit if they won. It works both ways. I’m sure he’s not happy with his play the last couple possessions. 

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

This is that all or nothing mentality that I don’t understand.  

When he had the chance to win the game, he choked.  Sometimes it’s that simple.  Did other people suck, sure.  But does that make missing McK on that touchdown okay?   

He made a lot out of nothing sure.  But when the 42 mil man had to make the throw that mattered most, he missed and we lost.  

It’s both to me.  Gabe should have caught it, but the DB also made a good play.  If you ask Gabe, he’ll say it’s on him 

Calling him the 42 million dollar man? Not really cool at all. This guy gives everything he has every game for his teammates and for the franchise. He also is amazing community wise. He is the ONLY reason they were in the game at all today and he is the reason Buffalo is on the map with the recognition they are getting. Now you're gonna ***** on him and his contract because he missed a throw? "he made a lot out of nothing sure" Way to downplay that but focus on his bad pass to mckenzie. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I do wonder if part of the issue today with Allen was he went into the game with the mindset that with all the injuries, mostly on defense, he needed to win the game himself and was too hyped up.  Seems like that has happened prior in games where he starts throwing passes into the ground, he's over excited. 

That said he kept us in the game till the end and had a good shot to win.

Thought I read somewhere that the missed kick by Bass was partially blocked??

49 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Because it was a throw which could have cost us the game. $250m means expectation and pressure. Our defense rose to the occasion for the most part when it needed to. It just needed clean execution from the main man in one key moment and it didn’t happen. Making clutch plays at the death are so important.

For me, the most concerning thing is it was the starters who made the errors today which cost us the win, rather than the back ups. The throw was just one of a multitude of simple errors made across the game which cost us. In a way it’s good; despite tripping over our own feet time and time again we came within two. Josh was a key component of keeping it close. But three offensive points in the second half is a poor return considering the opportunities we had.

Oh please, our 250 million man put the team on his back and in spite of facing a hurricane headwind came up just short today. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The irony of Bills fans waiting forever for their franchise QB, who is amazing on and off the field, and that almost every other franchise would do anything to have, and we say he lost a game for us due to a bad pass while he was running for his life in 100 degree heat all day. Unreal. Someone said it earlier, and was correct, that many fans take this guy and what he does for granted

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

55 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Oh, we've been all over Gabe too.  He was terrible today.  Josh still has to hit that out.  MVP of the entire league is the expectation.

Maybe the rational take is that in spite of playing at times with less then half the starters that played on Monday night and coming up just short against a good Miami team indicates that if we get most of these guys back in the coming weeks we'll be just fine.

And over the course of the season that missed throw will have no impact on whether Allen is MVP or not.

1 minute ago, DocLawless said:

The irony of Bills fans waiting forever for their franchise QB, who is amazing on and off the field, and that almost every other franchise would do anything to have, and we say he lost a game for us due to a bad pass while he was running for his life in 100 degree heat all day. Unreal. Someone said it earlier, and was correct, that many fans take this guy and what he does for granted

Yep and I for one have no patience for this crap. These people have been hiding in the grass like spiders waiting to jump all over Allen if he played anything less then a perfect game. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, DocLawless said:

Calling him the 42 million dollar man? Not really cool at all. This guy gives everything he has every game for his teammates and for the franchise. He also is amazing community wise. He is the ONLY reason they were in the game at all today and he is the reason Buffalo is on the map with the recognition they are getting. Now you're gonna ***** on him and his contract because he missed a throw? "he made a lot out of nothing sure" Way to downplay that but focus on his bad pass to mckenzie. 

yeah it's almost seems like Virgil is (a) either paying him the $42m himself or (b) jealous that he's making so much.  A very 2ndgrade-like comment.

I really really miss BillfromNY

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

yeah it's almost seems like Virgil is (a) either paying him the $42m himself or (b) jealous that he's making so much.  A very 2ndgrade-like comment.

I really really miss BillfromNY

Agreed, but I do like Virgils write-ups usually. However, I think he is not only being unfair towards JA in this post, he is also seemingly insulting/mocking him. Not a fan of todays write up or comments by him. Oh well, cant like em all.

14 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

He got the ball back with 1:15 or so and needed to get the team into field goal range for the game winning attempt. He did not succeed. He would get a lot of credit if they won. It works both ways. I’m sure he’s not happy with his play the last couple possessions. 

Is it possible you can be this pigheaded?

2nd & 10 at MIA 43 - JOSH HAS THEM NEARING FG RANGE WITH PLENTY OF TIME LEFT. HOW EXACTLY COULD JOSH PREVENT QUESSENBERRY FROM HOLDING?  I'LL HANG UP AND LISTEN TO YOUR ANSWER.

(0:22 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass incomplete short middle to G.Davis [E.Ogbah]. PENALTY on BUF-D.Quessenberry, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at MIA 43 - No Play.

2nd & 20 at BUF 47 SHOULD JOSH HAVE PICKED MCKENZIE UP AND THROWN HIM OUT OF BOUNDS? IT'S A MIRACLE HE AVOIDED A SACK ON THE PLAY.

(0:18 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass short middle to I.McKenzie to MIA 41 for 12 yards (M.Ingram) [E.Ogbah].

• Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, DocLawless said:

Not to mention that there are now a lot of 40 million dollar plus QB's who would have melted away in today's game.  In fact what other 40 million dollar QB would have done better today facing the same circumstances as Allen?  We know Burrow & Stafford would not have as they melted down under less duress then Allen faced today.  How about Russel Wilson or Kyler Murray? Yea right.  Even Mahomes wouldn't have done any better as we saw in Indy today. I guess they think Dak would have kicked butt and taken names playing without 3 of his 5 starting O-linemen.

• Agree 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

Not to mention that there are now a lot of 40 million dollar plus QB's who would have melted away in today's game.  In fact what other 40 million dollar QB would have done better today facing the same circumstances as Allen?  We know Burrow & Stafford would not have as they melted down under less duress then Allen faced today.  How about Russel Wilson or Kyler Murray? Yea right.  Even Mahomes wouldn't have done any better as we saw in Indy today. I guess they think Dak would have kicked butt and taken names playing without 3 of his 5 starting O-linemen.

The 42m man comment is an amateur cheapshot.  Virgil said a game or so ago he likes to think about things for a day or two before writing so he's fair/rationale.  He failed miserably here.  I no longer will read these columns - I used to love reading them when BillfromNYC used to write them.  Not worth the angst.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Also not to mention that every weapon he has on offense was in and out all game with heat issues, but he kept running around, giving it his all every play and never came out once, or lessened his effort

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Did you not see Josh drive the team down the field from the 25 on the last drive?  The main culprits on that drive were a couple of catchable passes dropped, a killer holding penalty with 18 seconds left that pushed us way back from FG range and McKenzie cutting it back infield instead of running out of bounds on the last play.  Sure, Josh can be blamed for the McNasty miss, but blaming him for anything that happened on the last drive is idiotic.

I just got done with the second half.  The most impactful injury today was Mitch Morse.  Josh Allen is the best QB in football.  And Baker had McKenzie on the last play.  McKenzie had to cut it upfield. 

Next week can’t arrive soon enough.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

Is it possible you can be this pigheaded?

2nd & 10 at MIA 43 - JOSH HAS THEM NEARING FG RANGE WITH PLENTY OF TIME LEFT. HOW EXACTLY COULD JOSH PREVENT QUESSENBERRY FROM HOLDING?  I'LL HANG UP AND LISTEN TO YOUR ANSWER.

(0:22 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass incomplete short middle to G.Davis [E.Ogbah]. PENALTY on BUF-D.Quessenberry, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at MIA 43 - No Play.

2nd & 20 at BUF 47 SHOULD JOSH HAVE PICKED MCKENZIE UP AND THROWN HIM OUT OF BOUNDS? IT'S A MIRACLE HE AVOIDED A SACK ON THE PLAY.

(0:18 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass short middle to I.McKenzie to MIA 41 for 12 yards (M.Ingram) [E.Ogbah].

Not to mention that on that last drive both Davis & Diggs dropped perfectly thrown balls.  Of course Diggs was fighting heat exhaustion and cramping which makes Allen's late game performance all the more impressive. The funny thing is that I don't blame Diggs or Davis as I know they're both great players and perfection does not exist in the NFL.  Nor do I blame Milano's dropped pick six, Davis for his dropped TD, Frazier for his boneheaded decision to only rush 3 guys on 3rd & 22 or the ST's for missing a chip shot FG. All those folks are good to great players that are going to make mistakes.   So why would any thinking fan blame Allen for a bad throw?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.