Meaningless loss

MPT

You have 2nd and goal from the 1, you have the best player in the nfl at QB and you go shotgun for absolutely no reason. You don’t score and you lose. You never win close games, you couldn’t get a spike at the end of the half or at the end of the game. You missed a 35 Td FG, you gave up a 3rd and 22. 13 seconds, the Texans playoff game, the cardinals Hail marry, the Titans slip on 4th down, etc etc. This is the dumb ***** you do that causes you to never close this thing out at the end of the year.

12 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

You have 2nd and goal from the 1, you have the best player in the nfl at QB and you go shotgun for absolutely no reason. You don’t score and you lose. You never win close games, you couldn’t get a spike at the end of the half or at the end of the game. You missed a 35 Td FG, you gave up a 3rd and 22. 13 seconds, the Texans playoff game, the cardinals Hail marry, the Titans slip on 4th down, etc etc. This is the dumb ***** you do that causes you to never close this thing out at the end of the year.

Calm down ……. 2-1 with 14 games to go. Last 9 games of our schedule is super soft. 

There may be a lot of overreactions but calling it meaningless is just stupid imo.

27 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

You have to do a lot wrong to lose a game you control t of poss 40 to 20 and outgain them 490 to 215. 

I still can't understand what the ***** happened at the end of the first half. That was so extremely stupid that it hurt my brain.🦧🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by Turk71
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Because I’m a realist unlike fans like you with knee jerk reactions. I understand the game……this team was injury riddled and lost by 2 points. R-E-L-A-X!

These losses count. Games you have won that you blow end up costing you home field in the playoffs and end up ending your season. If you aren’t concerned about a team losing 7 straight 1 score games…maybe you need a little less relax in your life and a little more reality 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm pretty sure we've beaten the fish the last straight 7 times.....it was only a matter of time before mathematically speaking, they would actually pull one out and win one against us.

Does the loss hurt?.....of course, but there's still plenty of ball ahead of this team.

Today was the epitome of the Bills beating themselves.....the better team did Not win today

3 hours ago, MPT said:

What does it mean? Besides a "1" in the loss column? You can't come away from that game thinking the Dolphins are a better team. They're miles behind. They got lucky breaks in their house. A house they can't even fill with their own fans.

To me this is like the loss to New England in that blizzard.  unfortunately the game conditions didn’t work out and more injuries than I’ve ever seen a team have.  unlikely to be close at home.  

Maybe some of the "sky is falling" reactions are a little mellow dramatic but this certainly wasn't a meaningless loss.  We were behind KC by 1 game last year which means if we win any one of our close losses during the regular season, KC would have had to come to Buffalo in the divisional playoff game and I firmly believe we win that game in Buffalo.  You could very easily make the argument that any one of last year's losses cost the Bills possibly winning the SB.

• Agree 1

This team does not win any games by less than a TD. No late comebacks-- close, but always come up short. That is a big concern to me, until Allen and the coaches prove otherwise. Injuries, of course, are brutal, and make it very difficult--- with Baltimore on the horizon.

Sucks to lose to this team, we were seriously banged up injury wise today.  The heat also took its toll on our team today.   

But the one thing Buffalo needs to start doing it taking the points when you have the chance to get them.

To go for a trick play on the last play of the 1st half, is a stupid WTF were you thinking call vs getting three points there.

You don't leave points on the table when you have a chance to get them on any NFL team.

Just stupid play calling and it cost them today.

I hope this is a aberration, but you can't be so cocky that you are leaving points on the table, you take the points whenever you can.

Edited by Toyo321

A division loss is never meaningless but I dont think people should be down on the team because of it.  We fielded a preseason roster out there and faced incredible heat and humidity.  Full strength Miami would have gotten destroyed.  I am not worried about our season as long as we start getting healthy.

11 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

Sucks to lose to this team, we were seriously banged up injury wise today.  The heat also took its toll on our team today.   

But the one thing Buffalo needs to start doing it taking the points when you have the chance to get them.

To go for a trick play on the last play of the 1st half, is a stupid WTF were you thinking call vs getting three points there.

You don't leave points on the table when you have a chance to get them on any NFL team.

Just stupid play calling and it cost them today.

I hope this is a aberration, but you can't be so cocky that you are leaving points on the table, you take the points whenever you can.

It wasn't a trick play. Allen bobbled the snap on an attempted spike because we were missing our starting center and then he tried to make something out of it. Just another consequence of missing key players. There are myriad examples like this throughout the game. A hundred little things that all went Miami's way and eventually added up to enough for an inferior team to beat us.

4 minutes ago, MPT said:

It wasn't a trick play. Allen bobbled the snap on an attempted spike because we were missing our starting center and then he tried to make something out of it. Just another consequence of missing key players. There are myriad examples like this throughout the game. A hundred little things that all went Miami's way and eventually added up to enough for an inferior team to beat us.

He had time to just throw it into the ground or out of bounds.  Still bad decision by Josh.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.