Meaningless loss

MPT

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Because I want to see them win a close game … 

Why? We only lose close games because otherwise we wouldn't lose at all (except that one Colts game we don't need to talk about). Do you think with a healthy secondary and Gabe and Stef playing at 100% this would have been close? I don't.

1 minute ago, MPT said:

Why? We only lose close games because otherwise we wouldn't lose at all (except that one Colts game we don't need to talk about). Do you think with a healthy secondary and Gabe and Stef playing at 100% this would have been close? I don't.

What's wrong with Diggs?  The defense being down today doesn't matter, they gave up 21.  They did their job.

3 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

What's wrong with Diggs?  The defense being down today doesn't matter, they gave up 21.  They did their job.

He missed a lot of plays due to cramps.

And yes I was impressed by the defense today except that one 3rd & 22 play where they dialed up the 13 seconds defense.

Edited by MPT

3 minutes ago, MPT said:

Because they havent done if for a while..

And this could get to be an issue.. if it hasnt already become one..

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

This is the first NE loss last year. Took 35 injuries and 100 degree heat to do it today, congrats Miami, we will see you again.

Yup. Miami will get the same treatment that NE got in our next matchup. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, streetkings01 said:

Our whole secondary was out and we held Miami to 186 passing yards……Hill was invisible! Games like are needed……valuable reps to guys we’re gonna need deep in the season.

No Bills bias, but no way you come outta that game thinking Miami is the better team……no freaking way!

not even close...   everything that happened HAD to happen for the fish to win that game....  that will never happen again in 50 years. I hate loosing to the fish but this doesn't even really bother me.  we win in buffalo by 30. 

Just now, gordong said:

not even close...   everything that happened HAD to happen for the fish to win that game....  that will never happen again in 50 years. I hate loosing to the fish but this doesn't even really bother me.  we win in buffalo by 30. 

Pretty much where I landed...the Bills clearly we're better, made dumb mistakes, center exchanges hurt badly, injuries and heat related issues to an almost unreal level, dumb play calling on the drive we fumbled...

Basically anything that could go wrong did for us and we still almost pulled it out.

You are never as good as you think you are when you win.

You are never as bad as you think you are when you lose.

Re-group.  This team is good.  They just need to keep themselves pointed straight through some serious adversity right now.  Injuries are killing us (and mentally as much as anything).  I'm not worried. 

Tough loss...but were never going to go 17-0.  hopefully we can get healthy and stay healthy down the stretch.

1 hour ago, MPT said:

Let's settle down and dispense with the overreactions. Can't win close games, Dorsey is worse than Daboll, McDermott doesn't know when to challenge, Beane doesn't address the offense.

Give me a break. We played a game with half our starters against a good team with a historically bad officiating crew on their side in brutal conditions. And this game STILL wasn't even close in terms of quality of play. 

Give me this matchup in the playoffs PLEASE. Easy win and on to the next one.

I agree for the most part with your post but the title needs tweaked hard.

This team should be playing for the #1 AFC seed this year. There is no such thing as a meaningless loss especially when it's a Division game.  We have such a rough schedule ahead of us. I hope this isn't the game we look back at like last year Titans game that costs us the #1 seed. We honestly should of won today even with all the injuries and heat. 

We flat out didn't execute when it mattered most on Offense. I actually give the D lots of love for doing a pretty damn good job overall today. 

1 hour ago, MPT said:

Let's settle down and dispense with the overreactions. Can't win close games, Dorsey is worse than Daboll, McDermott doesn't know when to challenge, Beane doesn't address the offense.

Give me a break. We played a game with half our starters against a good team with a historically bad officiating crew on their side in brutal conditions. And this game STILL wasn't even close in terms of quality of play. 

Give me this matchup in the playoffs PLEASE. Easy win and on to the next one.

Excellent take. 

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

No, it sucks. 

But I agree it's an aberration. We won't be this unlucky again this year. We'll make up for it. 

It's not an aberration to lose every close game we played last year and we are continuing the trend with today's choke. It will be an aberration to win a close game. This is an issue. 

5 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

It's not an aberration to lose every close game we played last year and we are continuing the trend with today's choke. It will be an aberration to win a close game. This is an issue. 

I think you need to calm down. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.