Meaningless loss

MPT

1 minute ago, MPT said:

These posts only matter if you think these two teams are anywhere close to the same competitiveness. They're not. Miami played against a lot of backups and had every single detail break their way and still barely hung on. We'll win when it actually matters and Miami fans will be talking about this game for years because it's all they have.

Mate.. for all your talk about injuries and luck,..the Bills still should have won the game!

They blew two chances ..

Wouldn’t it be great to one day be talking about the Bills not playing well but still getting a win they didn’t deserve ..

Hasn’t happened since 2020

34 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It's not "meaningless".  All wins and losses are valued exactly the same.

But were we going 17-0?  No.

Are there going to be some tough losses ahead?  Probably.

I am more concerned about our injury status right now.

This is why it is not meaningless- these injuries worry me for seeding in playoffs. The rest of the issues such as play calling and finishing catches I think are solved with injury solutions. 

1 minute ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I will.  But just stating the honest truth

When you or myself wakes up tomorrow, we will have 1 division loss and will be 2nd in the AFCE.

Just now, Gunsgoodtime said:

When you or myself wakes up tomorrow, we will have 1 division loss and will be 2nd in the AFCE.

Goodnight! Lol

42 minutes ago, MPT said:

Let's settle down and dispense with the overreactions. Can't win close games, Dorsey is worse than Daboll, McDermott doesn't know when to challenge, Beane doesn't address the offense.

Give me a break. We played a game with half our starters against a good team with a historically bad officiating crew on their side in brutal conditions. And this game STILL wasn't even close in terms of quality of play. 

Give me this matchup in the playoffs PLEASE. Easy win and on to the next one.

Agreed

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Mate.. for all your talk about injuries and luck,..the Bills still should have won the game!

They blew two chances ..

Wouldn’t it be great to one day be talking about the Bills not playing well but still getting a win they didn’t deserve ..

Hasn’t happened since 2020

We're past the point of being happy about wins we don't deserve. That's where Dolphins fans are today.

5 minutes ago, MPT said:

We're past the point of being happy about wins we don't deserve. That's where Dolphins fans are today.

You can’t just be flat track bullies winning games when everything is going right by 20+…

Great teams find a way to win playing through adversity even when they have injuries and get bad calls..

That wasn’t even the case today..The Bills dominated the game today but lost … excuses be damned 

Edited by Aussie Joe

A lot of people misunderstanding the OP. It's not that the result is meaningless. A loss against a divisional opponent matters. But any conclusions to draw from this game are meaningless. It didn't unveil any real issues with the team. A series of bad injuries, heat exhaustion, and unusual missed plays led to us losing the game by one score.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

You can’t just be flat track bullies winning games when everything is going right by 20+…

Great teams find a way to win through playing through adversity even when they have injuries and get bad calls..

That wasn’t even the case today..The Bills dominated the game today but lost … excuses be damned 

Yeah, we dominated despite everything stacked against us. So why worry? Either we get to the playoffs with half our team injured and we lose OR we get there with our team and kick the ***** out of everyone in our way.

Just now, MPT said:

Yeah, we dominated despite everything stacked against us. So why worry? Either we get to the playoffs with half our team injured and we lose OR we get there with our team and kick the ***** out of everyone in our way.

Because I want to see them win a close game … 

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

A lot of people misunderstanding the OP. It's not that the result is meaningless. A loss against a divisional opponent matters. But any conclusions to draw from this game are meaningless. It didn't unveil any real issues with the team. A series of bad injuries, heat exhaustion, and unusual missed plays led to us losing the game by one score.

Yes, thank you. Obviously the number of losses matters for seeding but we showed today that it will take everything going against us (injuries, game condition, referees) for us to lose. At this point I don't even care if we have to play in Arrowhead again except that the fans who live in Buffalo won't get to see us stomp the Chiefs at home.

25 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

How many losses have we had where we were missing half of our starting defense and half of the starting o-line?

It doesn't matter, we were still the better team. We have to come away with a W in that situation. It's one thing to just not have it, but to clearly be the better team, even missing as many people as we were, we need to turn that into a W. Plus, this team has a terrible record in close games between this year and last year. That isn't good. 

You know how no matter what happened against New England, it always felt like if you left even 30 seconds on the clock it was a 50/50 proposition at best? Well, we are 0-7 since last year in games decided by 7 points or less. It stands to reason we will be involved in those games in the playoffs. We have been talking about regression and it evening out, but at some point, you really start to wonder if this team just doesn't know how to win these kind of games. At the least, what are the odds of his going 2-0 or something like that come playoff time in such situations? So while I understand that we had our 7th string in many spots, that we doubled them in yards and first downs, and all of this is likely evidence to not worry at all because we win this game 9 out of 10 times. I am a bit concerned, because we have lost games you win 9 out of 10 times at a bit of a concerning rate, especially given our aspirations.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.