Meaningless loss

MPT

this is not a "meaningless" loss.  This is the 7th consecutive game in a row this staff and group of players has failed to get it done.  Until they do, they won't win deep in the playoffs.  And certainly cannot be considered a SB contender.  Total choke job by staff and players, again, in a close game.  

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

this is not a "meaningless" loss.  This is the 7th consecutive game in a row this staff and group of players has failed to get it done.  Until they do, they won't win deep in the playoffs.  And certainly cannot be considered a SB contender.  Total choke job by staff and players, again, in a close game.  

To be fair, the injuries have decimated our season imo.

24 minutes ago, MPT said:

Let's settle down and dispense with the overreactions. Can't win close games, Dorsey is worse than Daboll, McDermott doesn't know when to challenge, Beane doesn't address the offense.

Give me a break. We played a game with half our starters against a good team with a historically bad officiating crew on their side in brutal conditions. And this game STILL wasn't even close in terms of quality of play. 

Give me this matchup in the playoffs PLEASE. Easy win and on to the next one.

Sorry, but poor coaching, mental mistakes, and being physically manhandled isn't an over-reaction.  Take away the mistake by the safety to Waddle, and everything else came from normal starters.  This game was chocked away.  Yes, it's not the end of the world because we will play them again, but it's huge for the 1 seed.  We are in a touch stretch these first 6 weeks and will need every win we can get.  There's no guarantee when some of these guys will be back.

When the chips are down, we need our highly paid players of Josh, Milano, and others to step up.  They didn't do that today and it's concerning as to why

• Agree 3

I was ready to take the Mulligan today and except the loss because of injuries. The painful part is that the game could have easily been one minus some really stupid play calling, mistakes by some players and uncharacteristic decision making by Allen.

#1 seed all but guarantees Super Bowl in my opinion and a win today goes a long way. That game meant something and depending on injuries, it could mean a lot more than you think.

23 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I am not an eternal Bills optimist. But I am not worried about the Fins at all. The rematch wont be close. We did some real gymnastics to ***** that game up and manage to lose. 

What I am worried about is this team's panicky nature in close games, but good to have this lesson early in the year.

we always seem to do real gymnastics to lose close games.  

• Agree 1

Just now, MPT said:

When the referees let the opposing team knock the ball out and then make no effort to spot the ball in a timely manner then what are you gonna do? There was plenty of time for a FG after the McKenzie catch but they got screwed. I'm not gonna hold that against them.

ill have to rewatch that. we beat ourselves regardless. had plenty of mental mistakes but man, what was going on with the weather. not like we havent had hot days all summer and la was a furnace on gameday. even the miami players didnt seem like they could take their own heat. must have been EXTREMELY muggy and i was wondering early where were all the coolers on the sidelines. guys are usually parked in front of them but we were just under shaded benches? digs was dead last drive. davis seemed out of it all game. 

i dunno. it was weird.

22 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I didn’t like our chances with all the injuries. I think it says more about the Dolphins who didn’t dominate given our secondary issues. I don’t think this means the division belongs to the Dolphins. I’d still take us to win every time if we are reasonably healthy. 

Can't wait to see Tua throwing the ball in Buffalo on Dec 18th. 

7 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Perfect storm.  With Center 2DTs and most secondary out.  I got to say though they didn't let the Dolphins offense beat them... however they beat themself with the fumble inside their 10 and 3rd and 22.

This could have easily been a blowout 38-14 Buffalo . I seen 3 missed TD opportunities Davis drop td Allen pass to Mckenzie and dropped pick six Malino 

• Like (+1) 1

Whatever. It’s all about how they rebound. The Bills p1ssed that game away, plain and simple.  Don’t care that Josh threw for 400 yards. It’s meaningless in a loss… and Josh is built for that last drive. Unfortunately we were gassed and fell short. 

The Bills are still far and away the better team.  Tua is no savior (though his 3rd & 22 was huge). McDaniel is no mastermind that beat us. Let Miami have their glory… congrats to them.  If we can ever get healthy, it’s no contest later in the season. 

14 games to go. 

3 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Conference losses are never meaningless!  Could count heavily in end of year tie-breaker scenario.

3 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Loss to a division opponent is "Meaningless". Are you normally a Golf watcher? Maybe collecting stamps is your thing? This game could haunt the Bills all season. Even if the Bills beat the Ravens next week (Tough game), and Miami loses this Thursday against the Bengals. Miami is STILL in first! This was a game the Bills SHOULD have won. Miami gave them the game, the Bills didn't take it... Meaningless, you couldn't be more wrong. 

These posts only matter if you think these two teams are anywhere close to the same competitiveness. They're not. Miami played against a lot of backups and had every single detail break their way and still barely hung on. We'll win when it actually matters and Miami fans will be talking about this game for years because it's all they have.

Game was officiated for Miami as the league needs that market to buy in.  Imagine they lost to the Bills today the enthusiasm would have vanished quick after their offseason moves.  Still the Bills had the shot to win and Dorsey pooped the bed with weak calls inside the 5 and Josh was so exhausted he lacked arm power there at the end.  All things said I still like the chances to win the division easily very much it’s only week 3.  

Edited by ChrisWatson#21
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

To be fair, the injuries have decimated our season imo.

don't agree.  Every team has injuries.  Winning teams and coaches win.  We were not decimated with injuries the last 6 close games we lost.  Being unprepared, terrible play calling in critical moments.  You play 60 minutes.  This team can't do it when it needs to.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.