Meaningless loss

MPT

Let's settle down and dispense with the overreactions. Can't win close games, Dorsey is worse than Daboll, McDermott doesn't know when to challenge, Beane doesn't address the offense.

Give me a break. We played a game with half our starters against a good team with a historically bad officiating crew on their side in brutal conditions. And this game STILL wasn't even close in terms of quality of play. 

Give me this matchup in the playoffs PLEASE. Easy win and on to the next one.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 10
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

It's not "meaningless".  All wins and losses are valued exactly the same.

But were we going 17-0?  No.

Are there going to be some tough losses ahead?  Probably.

I am more concerned about our injury status right now.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am not an eternal Bills optimist. But I am not worried about the Fins at all. The rematch wont be close. We did some real gymnastics to ***** that game up and manage to lose. 

What I am worried about is this team's panicky nature in close games, but good to have this lesson early in the year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

bull####. This means something 

What does it mean? Besides a "1" in the loss column? You can't come away from that game thinking the Dolphins are a better team. They're miles behind. They got lucky breaks in their house. A house they can't even fill with their own fans.

• Like (+1) 3

I didn’t like our chances with all the injuries. I think it says more about the Dolphins who didn’t dominate given our secondary issues. I don’t think this means the division belongs to the Dolphins. I’d still take us to win every time if we are reasonably healthy. 

• Like (+1) 2

I mean no excuses gotta show up and win but ya I think I counted at least 10 starters out by the 3rd quarter. Diggs was a body on the feild the 2nd half, kumerow out, o line was held together by duct tape, im wondering if joshs arm cramped when he threw the ball to dirty for the game. Just ALOT went wrong for the bills before and throughout the game.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Inability to win close games and injuries has me worried. 

At a certain point, you can’t just say “oh, it was a wind storm” and “oh, but it was super hot”.   

Both valid excuses, especially factoring in our injury situation, but sandwiching those losses around 13 seconds with a Titans slip as the appetizer is something they need to overcome.  It’s not nothing. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I didn’t like our chances with all the injuries. I think it says more about the Dolphins who didn’t dominate given our secondary issues. I don’t think this means the division belongs to the Dolphins. I’d still take us to win every time if we are reasonably healthy. 

Exactly. The fact that this game was even close has to gall Miami. They did nothing special against a squad of backups.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I mean no excuses gotta show up and win but ya I think I counted at least 10 starters out by the 3rd quarter. Diggs was a body on the feild the 2nd half, kumerow out, o line was held together by duct tape, im wondering if joshs arm cramped when he threw the ball to dirty for the game. Just ALOT went wrong for the bills before and throughout the game.

10 injuries... but they still should have won the game!

When are they going to win a tight one.. or even a game they dont deserve to win...

They are turning into flat track bullies...

Kick your ass and pile on when they are ahead but cant get it done in a tight one...

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

well it is meaningful in as much as they are in our division. Its a LONG season folks. If the expectations were for an undefeated season then Yes you are crestfallen right now.

Me? I just want to cyber nuke Miami and take their hot humid weather straight to hades just sayin' 😏

No loss except playoffs will really dismay me this year. 1 loss does not a futile future make. I need an injury report and our team the hell out of that god forsaken state STAT.

m

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.