Josh Allen hand injury (Allen says he's fine)

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

You realize three starters and one top back up were out of the game (and one sitting out on suspension) right? 

Bobby Hart was not going to make a difference.  And yeah, I realized that we had starters out.  We totally lack depth.  We were hemorrhaging QB pressure against a DL that had none prior to today.  If we didn't have Allen, I don't think we score 10. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Agreed. Normally his zip on the ball is very noticeable. I think it was fatigue

Lack depth? Where do you trolls come from I’ll never know. The bills were playing PS players you dolt. 

trolls?  Dude, you have 415 posts, so knock it off with the troll comment stuff.  Nice job of debating the actual substance of what I said, the OL lacks depth.  It does.  Van Rotten was awful before getting hurt.  We were letting pressure and sacks before the in-game injuries.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Given its Allen saying this, and not a text to someone about it, I’m sure he’s fine.  

His arm was definitely fatigued towards the end.  Which.. obviously. 

We do need to develop some semblance of a running game though.  It can’t be 2nd and 9 every time we run on first down.   Especially against a team blitzing every play.  

The run game we saw against LA has turned right back into the Daboll scheme these past two games. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Bobby Hart was not going to make a difference.  And yeah, I realized that we had starters out.  We totally lack depth.  We were hemorrhaging QB pressure against a DL that had none prior to today.  If we didn't have Allen, I don't think we score 10. 

Uh...no team has enough depth to play 4 backups, some of whom are playing positions they never played before(like Doyle playing guard) and a 3rd string center.

Just ridiculous.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

It happens. It happened on Monday night for apparently no reason at all. Mahomes has done the same. But today I can't help but think he was gassed.

Good observation….

He hesitates when he gets harassed all game long & the pocket is not kept clean.  Of course as we all know, the heat did not help either.  
Morse has been quoted as saying “”It’s (the o line) our responsibility to keep the pocket clean for Josh, that way he can settle down & get into a rhythm.”

the value of Mitch Morse was definitely highlighted today 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

It happens. It happened on Monday night for apparently no reason at all. Mahomes has done the same. But today I can't help but think he was gassed.

I thought he was exhausted.   I kept looking at his face late in the game, and he looked like he was struggling.  And when he had his head on Tua's shoulder, he looked wiped out, too.  

When you're in that physical condition, it's tough to maintain your discipline, your mechanics, your concentration, all of it.  He was not at his best at the end.   He fought, tenaciously, but he couldn't do magic at the level he usually can.  

• Like (+1) 7

5 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

For how hard he worked today I have to think Allen had to have some heat/fatigue/dehydration issues. Certainly could’ve affected his mechanics. The pressure he was seeing couldn’t have helped him either. 

This is how I see it too, and maybe some pain from the hand hit limited him also

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

trolls?  Dude, you have 415 posts, so knock it off with the troll comment stuff.  Nice job of debating the actual substance of what I said, the OL lacks depth.  It does.  Van Rotten was awful before getting hurt.  We were letting pressure and sacks before the in-game injuries.  

So who from the other parts of the team do we cut to get better depth at OL? There is only so much money to go around. Had they focused more on OL and less on receivers you would have complained about that. 

4 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Bobby Hart was not going to make a difference. 

Normally, as in every single other game, I would agree with this, but he was another potential body in an awful war of o-line attrition today. This was like the one game Bobby Hart could have possibly helped out. His stupidity is an underrated reason for some of our issues today. If he's truly that bad in addition to being stupid, then why in the world is he taking up a spot? Get rid of him for any other journeyman D grade body that doesn't punch opposing coaches.

7 hours ago, Nelius said:

Normally, as in every single other game, I would agree with this, but he was another potential body in an awful war of o-line attrition today. This was like the one game Bobby Hart could have possibly helped out. His stupidity is an underrated reason for some of our issues today. If he's truly that bad in addition to being stupid, then why in the world is he taking up a spot? Get rid of him for any other journeyman D grade body that doesn't punch opposing coaches.

Well, I don't know if he would have made a difference in the game, but you're absolutely right.  I don't know exactly how McDermott handles these things - player stupidity that hurts the team - but I'm pretty sure that one way or another, someone is going to talk to him about the level of behavior that's necessary, every day, to make yourself the best and to contribute to your team.  As Hart looks back, he can see how his behavior hurt the team.  McDermott is forgiving, if you're actually always working the growth mindset, working to get better and make the team better.  Hart watched the game yesterday and he knew he had hurt the team.  We'll see how he responds.  

15 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

might have been worn out from 63 pass attempts and 8 carries plus got punched in the junk by Wilkins  Think the Bills Dolphins rivalry just got notched back up

It got notched up like the New England rivalry did after they temporarily won the division after playing in hurricane force winds.  A few weeks later and it was clear there is no rivalry after two vicious beatings.  I think this one plays out similarly but we will have to wait a bit longer.  

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

It got notched up like the New England rivalry did after they temporarily won the division after playing in hurricane force winds.  A few weeks later and it was clear there is no rivalry after two vicious beatings.  I think this one plays out similarly but we will have to wait a bit longer.  

If Trey can get close to his former ability this year & Dane comes back, while Poyer develops Jacquan & our interior D line returns & the right side of our O line returns & our starting center comes back & our WR2 is at full strength….things might be different 😁

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.