This game exposed we rely to much on Josh again

78thealltimegreat

Its great when we complain that we lost a game when we still put up a differential of 500-200 yards with 7 actual starters out before the game been started and then had to have our team broil in 100 degree heat on top of it.  These are the glory days my friends.  KC and the Chargers  today so basically and we get to throttle Miami here later, so no harm no foul today. 

3 hours ago, CDogg20 said:

Josh is gonna win us more games than he loses us. I’m ok with it. Josh is a dog and will always keep us in it

Sometimes you need to put the dog on a leash when walking. This team still lacks a consistent running game. Like the guy said on GR, the Bills sometimes need to be able to play complimentary football

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Allen is by all accounts the closest this league has to Superman. But man he should not have to pass the ball 63 freaking times! In a low scoring game like this with the heat as intense as it was my goodness run the ball just a little bit more please. 

To have JA and restrict his running and throwing is akin to having a Jeep Rubicon, and only driving it to church on Sundays.

10 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Without Allen they had no chance.

But he made some bad throws today and he bobbled the snap before the half. Dolphins dropped 3 INT and he missed McKenzie wide open in the end-zone.

Two things can be true. He is amazing and played well enough to win and he made some bad mistakes that cost them the game. 

You look at all the guys that were dropping and it’s kind of amazing he finished without missing a snap. Exhaustion can lead to mistakes, that happens. Allen had bad throws the receivers had a good number of bad drops…. Bills got beat by the heat not the Dolphins.  

41 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

63 passes?

We were missing 5…let me repeat…5 offensive lineman.   We did not have a single OL on the bench to even give anyone a rest.

What do you expect?  3 starters out.  Backups got hurt.  We literally had 3rd stringers out there.  

We also ran 90 offensive plays, that is insane.  So that means all 5 OL were on the field in the heat a lot.  The defense gets to rotate players in and out, but our OL made up mostly of 2nd and 3rd stringers was on the field almost the whole 4th quarter.  

So sorry, don’t know what you expect.  We have heat exhausted OL on the field almost an entire quarter with no shade like our opponents in the few instances they were on the sideline. 

Of course Allen had to try and carry our dismantled team over the finish line.  Not to mention Diggs was hurting, Davis wasn’t 100%, McKenzie was in and out hurting, and Knox was out.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We were missing 5…let me repeat…5 offensive lineman.   We did not have a single OL on the bench to even give anyone a rest.

What do you expect?  3 starters out.  Backups got hurt.  We literally had 3rd stringers out there.  

We also ran 90 offensive plays, that is insane.  So that means all 5 OL were on the field in the heat a lot.  The defense gets to rotate players in and out, but our OL made up mostly of 2nd and 3rd stringers was on the field almost the whole 4th quarter.  

So sorry, don’t know what you expect.  We have heat exhausted OL on the field almost an entire quarter with no shade like our opponents in the few instances they were on the sideline. 

Of course Allen had to try and carry our dismantled team over the finish line.  Not to mention Diggs was hurting, Davis wasn’t 100%, McKenzie was in and out hurting, and Knox was out.  

Again when you are down that many players it becomes even more important to run the ball as you are asking backup and third string linemen to hold their blocks against the Melvin Ingrams of the world long enough for pass plays to develop so your franchise qb can find receivers that weren’t cramping up 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

C'mon man. Give me a break. There is no team in the NFL that is overcoming being on their 3rd center and with backups all over the line playing positions they never played before. Is this you playing Madden and plugging in guys and they all play the same so you think it works like that in real life?

To be honest they actually did pretty well for the situation they were facing. Allen didn't get sacked after all those injuries and had time to throw for the most part...had to scramble a few times but whatever...it happens.

You missed the point…we weren’t running the ball well the first two games and it goes back as far as most of last season. 

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

What total nonsense!

We had 90 plays in this game; Miami had 39.

We got 497 yards; Miami got 212.

We had the ball for 40:40.  Miami had the ball for 19:20.

We dominated much of this game.  The difference?

Miami was more efficient than we were at converting offense into POINTS.

Having only 19 points on a day like today (with 2 coming from the safety) is not a good day's offensive  point production.

Had the game been played again, we probably would have won, maybe by a lot.

Losses of this type will happen.

Josh is most of the team and he needs to play as much as he can!  He's our most important player by far! 

The team will rise and all as Josh rises and falls.

The presnap miscommunication on the early fumble gifted the Fins 7 points and we had three empty drives that should have ended in FGs at worst.  Could have easily been a 27-14 Bills win.  Actually, should have been if we'd executed competently in those key situations.  

Not sure if I've ever seen a team lose when dominating TOP and yardage to that extent.

i don't know if it was Van Roten snapping, or another reason, but we didn't go under center much at all.  That eliminates the "threat" of running & playaction looks.

I also don't get whey we NEVER go into a 'bunch' formation, against man/blitz looks.  Daboll didn't do this either, I feel like it's easy to get clean releases & rub routes when stacking WRs. 

Difficult to complain about 490+ yards and 90 plays ran though.  It's all about finishing drives with points though, specifically TDs.  We stalled out too much, same problem plagued us at times LY, I have a feeling they will get it corrected.  Big loss to the OL with Morse out, and then several guys going down in the heat.

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Allen is by all accounts the closest this league has to Superman. But man he should not have to pass the ball 63 freaking times! In a low scoring game like this with the heat as intense as it was my goodness run the ball just a little bit more please. 

I did think after moss broke that big run, there was an opportunity to keep pounding Moss. The fins D had to be tired too by that point.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

63 passes?

It was actually more like 70 called pass plays. Allen ran 8 times, mostly on scrambles. And yes that game script in a one score game is a big problem. Whether on coaching or personnel, they need to figure it out. A lack of run game plus a lack of YAC means almost the entire offense is on Allen. Brady never had to do it all on his own. Neither did Manning. This season for the first time in his career Mahomes is being asked to create a lot more production on his own and it isn't going as well as they're used to. Any offense that is too one-dimensional is going to have some issues eventually, even if that one dimension is headlined by an elite player.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

The presnap miscommunication on the early fumble gifted the Fins 7 points and we had three empty drives that should have ended in FGs at worst.  Could have easily been a 27-14 Bills win.  Actually, should have been if we'd executed competently in those key situations.  

Not sure if I've ever seen a team lose when dominating TOP and yardage to that extent.

Story of the Bills since the start of last year. Everyone executes on nearly every drive and they win by 10+. If that doesn't happen they lose by one score. 

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I did think after moss broke that big run, there was an opportunity to keep pounding Moss. The fins D had to be tired too by that point.

They tried and the Dolphins stopped them. 

They lost the game when Milano dropped the pick 6 and they lost yards and 2nd and goal from the 6 inch line.  

3 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Without Allen they had no chance.

But he made some bad throws today and he bobbled the snap before the half. Dolphins dropped 3 INT and he missed McKenzie wide open in the end-zone.

Two things can be true. He is amazing and played well enough to win and he made some bad mistakes that cost them the game. 

Missing Mitch Morse really hurt today among others

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.