This game exposed we rely to much on Josh again

78thealltimegreat

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

my goodness run the ball just a little bit more please. 

Go back & look at the gameday threads... you had fans basically yelling "stop running the ball!" and "we should be passing on every play!" This was even more prevalent with Moss, until he had our best run of the game.

I agree with you, but it's clear fans don't realize why running the ball is important. Problem is our O-line isn't very talented, so combined with the heat, we basically gave up on running.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BigDingus said:

Go back & look at the gameday threads... you had fans basically yelling "stop running the ball!" and "we should be passing on every play!" This was even more prevalent with Moss, until he had our best run of the game.

I agree with you, but it's clear fans don't realize why running the ball is important. Problem is our O-line isn't very talented, so combined with the heat, we basically gave up on running.

Big you are correct I wish I could show the clip of Greg Cosell talking about how this team relies on the qb more then any team he’s ever seen. That hasn’t changed. I understand putting it in Josh’s hands every play but man gotta slow down that pass rush which went after him all day just a little 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Amarillo Bills Fan said:

The problem with this game, not being prepared for the heat.

Let alone the injuries before prior to the game.

We're running the ball better than we did last year.

I don’t think it’s a matter of preparation. Watching the post game with Knox and McKenzie, they both said they took multiple IV’s during the week, as well as staying up on the water and electrolyte intake. It was driven home right after the Titans game, however, these guys are coming off a short week, played a game where the opposing team is put on the sunny side, w field reach temperatures of 120 degrees. There’s only so much you can prepare for that. I listened to Reuben Brown speak earlier this week on a dolphins podcast and he said he was concerned for the offensive line bc at this point in the season your still not at your conditioning peak. His point gets compounded when it’s backup lineman, who haven’t had the reps or on field conditioning as the starters. These guys were laboring and it really ended up hurting us. With all of that, we were still there in the end.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Allen is by all accounts the closest this league has to Superman. But man he should not have to pass the ball 63 freaking times! In a low scoring game like this with the heat as intense as it was my goodness run the ball just a little bit more please. 

Every team relies on their Elite QB when they have one

53 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

But passing for the most part worked. It drove us down the field and gave us good positions. The issue is we didn't run on short conversions, or even just use a sneak. The long passing calls were, for the most part, fine. The short calls were abysmal.

Edited by UKBillFan

todays loss was a perfect storm  The heat, all the injuries pre and during the game and last all the coaching/time blunders  We left 4 fgs off the board  The 4th down stop the fake spike pass to Diggs, the miss and not getting the spike at the end Add Davis not coming up the td catch and Josh short hops a open Mckenzie  Took all that for us to lose  Think we'll be ok  I wholeheartedly agree time for the coaching staff to get a few things figured out  Need to be able to convert short yardage w the rbs  3 and 1 should not be a nail bitter every time  Josh cant be 95% of the offense week in week out

• Like (+1) 1

All three of our RBs are from South Florida and are used to that weather. 

If you’re not from Miami, there’s no way you know what it’s like on a day like today. Ask someone who went to the game how it felt. 

Those 3 RBS combined for 14 rushing attempts. 

My guess is Josh Allen missed that throw bc his legs were wiped out. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

That’s the point. Why isn’t there an oline at this point?  Don’t even start talking about injuries. We haven’t been able to run for more than just this season. 

C'mon man. Give me a break. There is no team in the NFL that is overcoming being on their 3rd center and with backups all over the line playing positions they never played before. Is this you playing Madden and plugging in guys and they all play the same so you think it works like that in real life?

To be honest they actually did pretty well for the situation they were facing. Allen didn't get sacked after all those injuries and had time to throw for the most part...had to scramble a few times but whatever...it happens.

Edited by Big Turk

Just now, Big Turk said:

C'mon man. Give me a break. There is no team in the NFL that is overcoming being on their 3rd center and with backups all over the line playing positions they never played before. Is this you playing Madden and plugging in guys and they all play the same so you think it works like that in real life?

To be honest they actually did pretty well for the situation they were facing. Allen didn't get sacked and had time to throw for the most part...had to scramble a few times but whatever...it happens.

The O Line is pretty poor even when fully fit. We don't have the greatest of running backs but it's very rare they get channels to run through.

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

The O Line is pretty poor even when fully fit. We don't have the greatest of running backs but it's very rare they get channels to run through.

They do quite well pass blocking usually. Run blocking they aren't great, but they didn't assemble them to be great run blockers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.